So NT I got stopped without a license...

Mokorider

formerly nosepiker
I have a few questions, I'm 18 already and got stopped today. My car was not taken away or towed but, I did get a ticket for driving without a license. (VC 12500[A]) Cops at least let my gf pick up the car instead of it being towed. (Luckily I was down the block from her house). I did have some documents on me, which were my driving permit, and insurance. Now I was wondering how much would I be looking to pay for the fee and around how long does it take for the papers with the fee and court date to get mailed? and would I have to attend traffic school? By the way, I have a clean record. The cops did tell me that if I were to get my license before the court date, the fee would be reduced for when I show up to court. I googled some info and got a scare of a $1000 fee; does this apply for no documentation at all? or also with a permit and insurance

I have a few questions, I'm 18 already and got stopped today. My car was not taken away or towed but, I did get a ticket for driving without a license. (VC 12500[A]) Cops at least let my gf pick up the car instead of it being towed. (Luckily I was down the block from her house). I did have some documents on me, which were my driving permit, and insurance. Now I was wondering how much would I be looking to pay for the fee and around how long does it take for the papers with the fee and court date to get mailed? and would I have to attend traffic school? By the way, I have a clean record. The cops did tell me that if I were to get my license before the court date, the fee would be reduced for when I show up to court. I googled some info and got a scare of a $1000 fee; does this apply for no documentation at all? or also with a permit and insurance

Sorry cop really. if you had a permit, he shoulda just let you go with a warning, since your record is clean. smh.

Sorry cop really. if you had a permit, he shoulda just let you go with a warning, since your record is clean. smh.

I seriously thought he would let me slide, since he stopped me for my blinkers being supposedly too light, and also with my record being clean and having a permit for more than a year. (since I renewed it yesterday to set up my driving test appointment)

I seriously thought he would let me slide, since he stopped me for my blinkers being supposedly too light, and also with my record being clean and having a permit for more than a year. (since I renewed it yesterday to set up my driving test appointment)

I got pulled over about 2 months ago for the light displaying my license plate being out by a sheriff. Im 17 and don't have a license. He gave me a citation for not having a license and told me I had to report to court. When I went there the lady gave me a $141 ticket. Also since I didn't have a license it was going to go on my record sooner or later . My dad some how talked the lady into letting us talk to the judge and somehow get it off my record. She said she'll let Send us a date in about 2 weeks. ... It's now been 3... I hope they dismissed it...

I got pulled over about 2 months ago for the light displaying my license plate being out by a sheriff. Im 17 and don't have a license. He gave me a citation for not having a license and told me I had to report to court. When I went there the lady gave me a $141 ticket. Also since I didn't have a license it was going to go on my record sooner or later . My dad some how talked the lady into letting us talk to the judge and somehow get it off my record. She said she'll let Send us a date in about 2 weeks. ... It's now been 3... I hope they dismissed it...

Originally Posted by EcruteakCityBoy

Did you have a permit at least? or documents for the car? Dang hopefully the fee is around that range for me..
tired.gif

if you have a permit, it's all good. just go to court and tell the judge your were parking the car for your parents or something. it will get thrown out of court for sure.

if you have a permit, it's all good. just go to court and tell the judge your were parking the car for your parents or something. it will get thrown out of court for sure.

Originally Posted by EcruteakCityBoy

Did you have a permit at least? or documents for the car? Dang hopefully the fee is around that range for me..
tired.gif

A new bill was passed in my city so that all you would have to do is pay court costs ($35) if it is your first time with a driving offence. I forgot the name of it but you can use it or appeal the case against you.

http://lovevillain.blogspot.com/

*I got my license at age 18 as well. Get your weight up not your hate up.

Originally Posted by the north west

how are you 18 and still don't have a license

It can happen.

Anyways, it really is just dependant on a number of things.

Originally Posted by the north west

how are you 18 and still don't have a license

It can happen.

Anyways, it really is just dependant on a number of things.

Back
Top Bottom