So this is how y'all getting down in N.O. bruh? Vol. What the....

lol @ mild-mannered, polite homosexual. Translation, let me spew ignorant, homophobic nonsense and have nobody respond to it. You don't keep your sexual desires on this thread to yourself, nobody else should have to boy. :D

pssh, reggaeton & dembow will have all those latina broads NT faps to on a daily basis moist.

thats all they play uptown :smokin

reggaeton seen its days bro...lol

Dembow is the spanish version of the harlem shake, ive seen more dudes battling each other out to some dembow than i seen chicks getting down with it...lol

reggaeton seen its days bro...lol

Dembow is the spanish version of the harlem shake, ive seen more dudes battling each other out to some dembow than i seen chicks getting down with it...lol

big ups to shabba ranks for inventing dem bow riddim

I hope ya'll get this thread deleted. Now if I could just delete the memory of those videos ya'll posted...

buggin b, daddy yankee, don omar, and wisin y yandel sell out arenas in their sleep.

for sure!...hell ill go to a wisin y yandel concert any day, but their music has evolved into more pop than anything...they making songs with CBreezy and tpain for God's sake....Daddy yankee using autotune like a motha now...lmao....they not the same artists they were when regreatton first broke through...stop playin.

buggin b, daddy yankee, don omar, and wisin y yandel sell out arenas in their sleep.

for sure!...hell ill go to a wisin y yandel concert any day, but their music has evolved into more pop than anything...they making songs with CBreezy and tpain for God's sake....Daddy yankee using autotune like a motha now...lmao....they not the same artists they were when regreatton first broke through...stop playin.

c'mon b....this is off daddy yankee's latest album...son dug up nicky jam to top it off.

that baseline aint going anywhere.

:pimp:

all im saying is regeatton had its glory fam, those days when these artists were hungry as fffff and you could catch them performing at any given club every weekend in NY...the days of CIN Production.....yeah they may have bangers but dont count on those to be their bread n butter, for the most part these dudes are more pop artists than anything now.

they're pop artist, their songs still sound like reggaeton jams, i know where you getting at in terms of their impact, but these dudes

fly across da globe, they aint got time to perform in da Aguilar or luna for a measly few stacks and free bottles. lol

Last edited:
they're pop artist, their songs still sound like reggaeton jams, i know where you getting at in terms of their impact, but these dudes

fly across da globe, they aint got time to perform in da Aguilar or luna for a measly few stacks and free bottles. lol

thats what i mean by those being the Golden days for regeatton and its early fans, the days where you didnt have to drop 300$ in concert tickets to see them 30 feet away...lol

i remember CIN would sponsor a new performance EVERY weekend at a different spot :pimp:

thats what i mean by those being the Golden days for regeatton and its early fans, the days where you didnt have to drop 300$ in concert tickets to see them 30 feet away...lol

i remember CIN would sponsor a new performance EVERY weekend at a different spot :pimp:

my cousin used to promote at CIN so i used to go to all da parties for free.

and da fact that reggaeton artist get top dollar in 2013 shows their prominence hasn't waned at all.

i remember going to club black (club speed when it was re-named) and kanye west was OPENING for daddy yankee.

and da fact that reggaeton artist get top dollar in 2013 shows their prominence hasn't waned at all.

i remember going to club black (club speed when it was re-named) and kanye west was OPENING for daddy yankee.

i went to the one that Tego was supposed to perform, next thing you know you had 50 and the whole g-unit opening for Don Omar.....those were the days....is not that regeatton is popping, they just set a foundation, daddy yankee/tego and donomar set the tone first, wisin y yandel kept it hot, but now their bread and butter is off pop music....that raw regeatton "paleta" "rakata" days are gone bruh...still appreciated though and watching Wisin Y Yandel in concert is amazing, seen them live in miami a few years back, my dude Wisin goes offffffffff

Ninjhood knows.
Dembow is what's poppin now. ***** gets the females wildin down here.
Vakero , el secreto biberon, el chuape, mozart la para, black jonas point. :pimp:

Reggaeton is huge overseas, especially in Spain and Portugal...pretty much all they play in the clubs there along with hip hop songs that were club bangers in the States a long @#$ time ago :lol: I HATE the "rapping" on reggaeton and dembow but the beats go too hard :smh: :lol: Gets you hyped and ready to drink at all times

Last edited:

i went to the one that Tego was supposed to perform, next thing you know you had 50 and the whole g-unit opening for Don Omar.....those were the days....is not that regeatton is popping, they just set a foundation, daddy yankee/tego and donomar set the tone first, wisin y yandel kept it hot, but now their bread and butter is off pop music....that raw regeatton "paleta" "rakata" days are gone bruh...still appreciated though and watching Wisin Y Yandel in concert is amazing, seen them live in miami a few years back, my dude Wisin goes offffffffff
I was about to check you real quick but then I realized what you meant. That wisin y yandel and daddy yankee were one of the few to begin going mainstream since through the 80s , half on the 90s it was mostly underground. At least I hope that's what you meant :lol:.
Technically speaking they really weren't like the first ones to go mainstream. But they def contributed to where it is now.

Last edited:
Reggaeton is huge overseas, especially in Spain and Portugal...pretty much all they play in the clubs there along with hip hop songs that were club bangers in the States a long @#$ time ago :lol: I HATE the "rapping" on reggaeton and dembow but the beats go too hard :smh: :lol: Gets you hyped and ready to drink at all times

Mhmm. The Iberians realize their former colonies make better music than they do.

What y'all think about the Favela Funk/Funk Carioca/Baile Funk?

if you wanna keep it all da way funky steezy, paleta was off wisn y yandel's pa' mundo album in 2005, which by then was a

"commercial" contemporary full length reggaeton album...they was already full blown superstars by then, if you wanna talk about

underground then you gotta go playero era when reggaeton didn't exist yet cuz it didn't quiet have its identity cuz they are still basically

spanish rapping over Jamaican beats.

reggaeton production in nature always had elements of euro dance music mixed into da OG dem bow baseline, thats why you can

tell it apart from spanish rap.

Mhmm. The Iberians realize their former colonies make better music than they do.

What y'all think about the Favela Funk/Funk Carioca/Baile Funk?

Some of my Portguese cousins blast that music...Personally I can't stand it, I like the rhythm but most of the time the rapping is 10x worse than Reggaeton

Of course I would never complain about it when I see how the girls get down to it though

I mean regeatton went fully commercial from the jump, when Gasolina and Tego made it hot and open the doors for W&Y, Zion y Lennox, Nikki Jam, etc...from then on it was all commercial really, but still very reggeaton, the pop influence wasn't as strong as it is today, can't speak on the days of Playero, my wife can school anyone on that, she was on her hick steez back in the mid 90's rocking out to them dudes :lol:

The first time I got put on to reggeaton was the last time I went back home, this was sometime in 03' Colombia was on fire with this Genre, come back to the states and a year later it blew up...all I'm saying is the genre has evolved into more of Spanish pop...not that is a bad thing and definately not bad for their pockets.

I was about to check you real quick but then I realized what you meant. That wisin y yandel and daddy yankee were one of the few to begin going mainstream since through the 80s , half on the 90s it was mostly underground. At least I hope that's what you meant :lol:.
Technically speaking they really weren't like the first ones to go mainstream. But they def contributed to where it is now.

Nah man, they were the first to go mainstream, actually I believe it was Tego, but he didn't stick like Daddy Yankee did with Gasolina....Gasolina was the anthem of what was that?...05?

04-07 to me were the best years of regeatton in the states for both artists and fans...best club nights of my life....it was surrreal.

"Dile que bailando te conociiiii" girls used to get wild open dancing to that song bruhs...it was grimmey, it was dirty, it was sexy, reggeaton had the nicest of girls getting down and dirty :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom