So Tiger Woods is in more trouble...and this time, it's from members of the Black community...lulz

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

What's wrong with the Mandingo stereotype?

You know how many small penis black men need that? I can only imagine how that keeps them from not having any self confidence at all.
Yeah that may help with those guys and you know I'm not a man but there a down fall and it plays out right here:
According to Lawton, Woods is quite the lover. He is "very well endowed" and "knows his way around the bedroom. On a scale of ten I would give him 12," she tells News of the World. Lawton's sister, Lynn, adds that Mindy described their sex as "extremely good."

Woods was fond of sleeping with her in numerous locations -- from parking lots to the shower to the garage -- but the golfer refused to have sex in his bedroom.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/06/mindy-lawton-tiger-woods_n_381573.html
Some of you may be like
pimp.gif
but if you look deeper at it why was that particular piece of info the first quote of the article? I'm just saying. Yeah she was his mistress but come on now? Tiger cheated with multiple women but did we need to know all that? We haven't heard any foolishness like this since Supahead aired out Shaq in her book.
Cuz we all know the unfortunate stereotype certain Asians have. They probably wanted to make it clear his lower half was all black

grin.gif
Come on Zik...
alien.gif
Don't do it.

What's wrong with the Mandingo stereotype?

You know how many small penis black men need that? I can only imagine how that keeps them from not having any self confidence at all.
Yeah that may help with those guys and you know I'm not a man but there a down fall and it plays out right here:
According to Lawton, Woods is quite the lover. He is "very well endowed" and "knows his way around the bedroom. On a scale of ten I would give him 12," she tells News of the World. Lawton's sister, Lynn, adds that Mindy described their sex as "extremely good."

Woods was fond of sleeping with her in numerous locations -- from parking lots to the shower to the garage -- but the golfer refused to have sex in his bedroom.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/06/mindy-lawton-tiger-woods_n_381573.html
Some of you may be like
pimp.gif
but if you look deeper at it why was that particular piece of info the first quote of the article? I'm just saying. Yeah she was his mistress but come on now? Tiger cheated with multiple women but did we need to know all that? We haven't heard any foolishness like this since Supahead aired out Shaq in her book.
Cuz we all know the unfortunate stereotype certain Asians have. They probably wanted to make it clear his lower half was all black

laugh.gif

But why black men so complacent w/ these sexual-based stereotypes? It doesn't bother you?

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by blueLAMBORGHINI

Does skin color make someone anymore or less attractive than they are?
Do you really have to ask this question? I think modern society as a whole has made it pretty obvious as to whether skin color equates beauty or not. Have you not noticed how many minority males and females across the world have started following the skin-bleaching trend?
I know that. Hence why I said what I said. You're saying it like it's right ...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

laugh.gif

But why black men so complacent w/ these sexual-based stereotypes? It doesn't bother you?
laugh.gif
It just sets the bar higher for us. It adds pressure forsome and that does bother me a bit but this "con" isn't the worse

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Why should it?

It is a fact that we have the biggest @$##%.

I guess it comes down to gender double standards because it hasn't been so easy to just accept any mildly-to- hypersexualized images of us (black women).

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
It just sets the bar higher for us. It adds pressure for some and that does bother me a bit but this "con" isn't the worse
So don't be mad when the exploitation comes and certain people know exactly how to you get and trap you.
laugh.gif
That's all I'ma sayabout that.

Nyota de la star wrote:

Why should it?

I guess it comes down to gender double standards because it hasn't been so easy to just accept any mildly-to- hypersexualized images of us (black women).

Thats true...if we had control of media outlets and control of our own global images, it would be a different story.

You do make a good point.

grin.gif
Come on Zik...
alien.gif
Don't do it.
It's true tho
laugh.gif
there's a sterotype that black menhave big !%#@# and are amazing in bed and that certain Asian men have small penises; small penises imply the inability to pleasure women in bed. Here we have aman who is half black and half asian if you will. For the ppl who care or at least women interested I'm sure they wondered what Tiger's status was

Plus I edited my post you quoted to be clearer.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
It just sets the bar higher for us. It adds pressure for some and that does bother me a bit but this "con" isn't the worse
So don't be mad when the exploitation comes and certain people know exactly how to you get and trap you.
laugh.gif
That's all I'ma say about that.
EXACTLY! People say things like "black men are unfaithful" because they basing it off of these very same stereotypes you guys aim topraise.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
EXACTLY! People say things like "black men are unfaithful" because they basing it off of these very same stereotypes you guys aim to praise.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Like what? Having a big @$@%? That makes you unfaithful?[/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]People generally say "Black men are unfaithful" because you're eitherseen with a ton of +!*%!@*, or caught in a lie with some other chick (like Tiger in this case)[/color]

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Trap me how?

Persoanally, I don't give a %+$# as long as I get mine whether a female thinks I'm small, average, or humongous yet still wack in the sack. Ididn't say the stereotype was a fact. If I found it that much of a problem in my everyday life I'd educate females I'm interested in on the averagepenis size and about waning male sex drives.

As far as being faithful that's a personal thing I'd have to convey. If they can't get over it or hold the stereotype as face I won't associatemyself with them.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

"Had Barack had a white wife, I would have thought twice
about voting for him," Johnson Cooper said.
Wow. That's just sad honestly.

Ridiculously sad. _'s need to get their heads out they behinds. This is 2009. You can't complain about racism and prejudices and then
go and say some !%@@ like this.

Its highly unlikely that a White Republican candidate would have a Black Wife in the first place and damn near impossible that a White GOP candidate with a Black Wife would be given the nomination by his party.

I don't see that statement as sad. I see it as the reality of American Identity politics.

That is the exact reason that it's so sad.

The thing is...we can't care about what others think about us.

Its time to kill that double consciousness and see ourselves as we are, through our own eyes.

Stereotypes will always be placed on you if you allow them. When you start seeing yourself the way that you are and boldly expressing it to the world, theseempty words hold no weight.

Why should it?

Oh !$#!

The whole interracial dating/marriage thing is so overrated. In reality it hardly even goes down between all/any races. Most people stick to their ownregardless.

Its time to kill that double consciousness and see ourselves as we are, through our own eyes.

Stereotypes will always be placed on you if you allow them. When you start seeing yourself the way that you are and boldly expressing it to the world, these empty words hold no weight.
Basically, I aint speaking for all black men when I say this stereotype doesn't bother me but the truth is it shouldn't if you living yourlife as stated above.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
EXACTLY! People say things like "black men are unfaithful" because they basing it off of these very same stereotypes you guys aim to praise.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Like what? Having a big @$@%? That makes you unfaithful?[/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]People generally say "Black men are unfaithful" because you're either seen with a ton of +!*%!@*, or caught in a lie with some other chick (like Tiger in this case)[/color]
ohwell.gif

"Black men are unfaithful because they can't keep their bbc in their pants"
Does that make sense?
It's the idea that black men are sex-hungry individuals

Stereotypes will always be placed on you if you allow them. When you start seeing yourself the way that you are and boldly expressing it to the world, these empty words hold no weight.
Boy I wish black women had it THIS easy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

I don't think he means asking for support, but rather going back to the community, and doing charity work in the urban community, starting foundations, etc.
So if Tiger thinks white women are better than black women his money aint good no more? Don't make me laugh.
Hey, don't ask me.
laugh.gif
Those aren't my views.

Actually, my original comment had nothing to do with money. When I said, "the athlete always reaches back to his "native" community...", what I meant was that--when everything else is crumbling around them, these alienated individuals will often times receive more sympathy, encouragement, and comfort from the black community--in a very PUBLIC WAY. And this definitely stems from the mentality that is ingrained within the collective of helping each other in times of need, but most importantly, maintaining a loyalty to each other. That said, this mentality can take very destructive avenues; still, minus those cases of perversion, the loyalty holds true.

It seems to me that the "loyalty" is at the heart of this "issue"--in more ways than one. The one that I think is worthwhile to discuss revolves around that fact that, irrespective of his ancestry, the truth of the matter is, the world at large, but most importantly, America will see him as a BLACK MAN and/or an African American.

I can't tell you how many comments and statements I've read to the tune of "Black men, what else can you expect..." that I've read online. That's America being America right there. So the thing is, even if Tiger doesn't actively reach out to the black community, the fact of the matter is, he's fundamentally tied to it--and it seems unfair that, primarily, the population that is known as "black men" will suffer from his mistakes as an INDIVIDUAL man.
How can you say the athlete reaches back and then say they receive sympathy and encouragement from that community willingly out of some assumed loyalty?

I mean really Tiger don't seem like he wants that loyalty after making his ethnic background clear and firmly stating where he stands on the issue. So "athletes reaching back to their 'native' community" has nothing to do with him at all. It's like that article is going out if it's way to talk about Tiger out of spite just because of the women he chooses to #+!+.

Think of it like this, there's a racial draft and the Asians choose Tiger or better yet he signed with them. He is no longer the black community's concern. I don't see this issue a problem for dude in anyway cuz it seems he doesn't care. I have yet to come across comments around here to the tune of "Oh Tiger cheated on his wife? He's black what do you expect." I've specifically seen ppl keep it in general matters as far as famous and successful men cheating on their spouses. If ppl are out there doing it I say ignore them. They're ignorant anyway.

I mean how we gonna suffer for one man's mistake? What dumb black man would allow that to happen? You try to holla at a white chick and she gonna turn you down cuz you like golf thinking you gonna do her like Tiger did his wife? I find those scenarios hilarious since when this for some odd reason is such a big news story it deals with rich ppl and the acts of a rich man should not affect or effect some low/mid income nobody. Females who think like that are stupid.

Well I mean, to be accurate, Tiger hasn't "fallen down" that much--if even at all--to the point where he would NEED to reach out exclusive to theblack community. After all, many of the communities he is currently part of are still very much open to him. If he lost everything (a certain other athletecomes to mind), and had NOTHING else to identify with, then you can best believe that he would "reach out".

But the whole reaching out argument is not what's pertinent in this whole discussion.

What is, is America's perception of Tiger after what has unfolded these last few weeks, and how that impacts the black community--but more importantly,black men.

The thing I think you're failing to see is that, regardless of who he chooses to identify himself with, or irrespective of his biological ancestry, thefact is, this country will view him as a black man just as the world at large will view him as a black man.

I mean, ask yourself--why was Tiger Woods such a big deal when he first arrived on the scene? It has to do with the observation that he was very skilled, veryyoung, but also, he was an African-American man dominating in a sport that was, and continues to be, largely white. Tiger Woods wasn't viewed as a breakingracial barriers because he was a mixture of Caucasian, Indian, Asian, and Black--he was viewed as breaking racial barriers because he was the firstAfrican-American to accomplish a certain professional feat in a Caucasian dominated sport.
He studied at Stanford University, and won a number of amateur U.S. golf titles before turning professional in 1996. Woods shot to fame after winning the U.S. Masters at Augusta in 1997with a record score of 270at the age of 21. Woods was the youngest man to earn the title, [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]and the first African-American[/color] to accomplish this feat.

Now ask yourself--why did Tiger, at some point in the past, make an effort to let the public know of his multiracial background? It has to do with the factthat up until he addressed it, he was viewed SOLELY as a Black man/African American man by the public. And even after this revelation, why were offensivestatements that would normally only apply to black people/African Americans in this country, made in his regard?

This right here, is evidence that regardless of what he may view himself as, this country views him as a black man. He cannot change the racial perspectivethis country and the world has of him.

Now how does this apply to the "black community", specifically "black men". His actions add and reinforce those stereotypical views held by"ignorant" folks. You may be of the opinion that these actions have no bearing whatsoever on black men in general but that's where I vehementlydisagree with you. Especially when race is still such a big deal in this country.

It's not about "sex" or anything as trivial as that--it's about the views in which a population (black men) are forced to deal with, and areburdened with. It's about those systemic institutional and cultural prejudices that all black men WILL HAVE TO DEAL with, at some point in time, becausethis country will refuse to acknowledge your individuality--and would rather make collective stereotypical assumptions about you based on the color of yourskin. That's just a fraction of what this is about.

Tiger Woods is a grown *** man who take care of himself. More importantly, he's an INDIVIDUAL. This is what we both see and believe in. Unfortunately, whatyou don't see is how his actions as an individual will be ascribed, overtly and covertly, to the collective group known as "black men" by theignorant majority--and yes, the ignorant are the majority. It seems to me that, this is where we clearly differ. This is why certain inherent populationswithin the black community have made it their "issue" because his transgressions will just add to the collective "issue"--an addition,might I add, both parties (Tiger and the Black community) have no say so in.

2udud20.jpg

"Just sayin'..."

Nyota de la star wrote:
ohwell.gif

"Black men are unfaithful because they can't keep their bbc in their pants"
Does that make sense?
It's the idea that black men are sex-hungry individuals

Why should those ignorant stereotype hold any weight though...

Hugh-Hefner-with-playmates.jpg

lewinsky.jpg

wldmarilyn,0.jpg

eliot-spitzer-sad.jpg

You think "White people" would allow some hollow words like that to dictate their self perception?

Of course it wouldn't effect white men because they have been able to DEFINE their OWN and OTHERS
sexuality. Black people (ESPECIALLY black women) have not had this privilege.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

"Had Barack had a white wife, I would have thought twice
about voting for him," Johnson Cooper said.
Wow. That's just sad honestly.

Ridiculously sad. _'s need to get their heads out they behinds. This is 2009. You can't complain about racism and prejudices and then
go and say some !%@@ like this.

Its highly unlikely that a White Republican candidate would have a Black Wife in the first place and damn near impossible that a White GOP candidate with a Black Wife would be given the nomination by his party.

I don't see that statement as sad. I see it as the reality of American Identity politics.

Only Black people seem to have this deep concern of what others think of them and how they can reach out to assimilate.

Everyone else sticks to their core "values" and makes no bones about it.

Stop being gaffled Black People.

We're not for racism and separation but there is certainly nothing wrong with a strong Black Family unit. This isn't even a consideration in other ethic communities. You can't control love and I believe you should be accepting, welcoming and happy of peoples' personal choices...but there is this concerted effort to cast black love aside and to reach out specifically to the white race of the opposite gender.

Thats not integration and harmony, its an extension of your inferiority complex in many cases. Thats why there is so much resentment to Black Women displayed on places like NT...when in reality most of these cats haven't had significant dealings with women of any race period.

The thing that most people are apparently missing on here is the fact that U.S. society does nearly everything in its power to brainwash everyoneinto believing that whiteness is the standard of beauty, especially white women. Thus, in this context, it's not just a "preference" for whitewomen; it is a systematic conditioning of everyone in the U.S. that white (especially blonde, i.e. really white) women are more attractive than women of otherracial backgrounds. As such, any time a non-white (and especially a black) man has an apparently strong pattern of dating exclusively white women, some seethis as evidence of those men buying into the ridiculous notion that white women are more beautiful than women of other races (especially black women).

Society beats black folks down enough as it is without black women having to feel like the black men that share in their experience of racial oppression havebought into the racist brainwashing that holds white women as the ideal beauty (by displaying a strong preference for white women, dating them exclusively,etc).

That's what makes the "non-white (especially black) man and white woman" combination different from any other and why black women are likely (andjustifiably) more offended and infuriated by the interracial (white) dating habits of some of their male counterparts.

So no, it's not just Tiger's "preference" as so many of you are quick to state as if that's all there is to it.

Of course it wouldn't effect white men because they have been able to DEFINE their OWN and OTHERS
sexuality. Black people (ESPECIALLY black women) have not had this privilege.

Who are you...?

I think this is the first time (this thread) that I'm seeing you post.

Back
Top Bottom