So who else is having a hard time finding a job?

I applied to about 15 places, and only one called me back.
I got a interview at Sears tomorrow, in all honesty I know I'm gonna be working with a bunch of old people, but oh well a jobs a job. 
ohwell.gif

Its hard there. I got a degree and apply for jobs that I am overqualified for and I still don't get them.

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Basically the entire world

pretty much.  Stay away from those placement agencies they will mess up your career real quick. 

just graduated

since february i've applied to ~80 places and havent gotten so much as a call back

Keep hope alive. I just got a job at Bank of America. Look for job fairs and try staffing companies like Ranstad.

Most of the places I walked in too and talked to the manager and tried to get good with them but nothing, Sears was online only and right after I finished the application it scheduled a interview, if Sears doesn't work out I guess I'm going back to plumbing, even though it's hitting triple digits here in Texas 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Orfiyus

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Basically the entire world

pretty much.  Stay away from those placement agencies they will mess up your career real quick. 
qft 
tired.gif
 i just need a weekend job since i only go to school mon-thurs but still no luck, i though places need workers on the weekend

Traditional job finding techniques will rarely work in times like we're experiencing today.

Quality heavily outweighs quantity when searching for a job. You have to be proactive and market yourself to companies you would like to apply for. Simply sending a resume or filling out an application isn't enough. Everyone is doing that. EVERYONE. Go introduce yourself to the higher ups. Let them put a face to the name.

Originally Posted by malcmoney

im almost 20 , been applying since 15 , only had 1 job at census bureau

Same here bro. Some b.s.
30t6p3b.gif
I'm just staying positive about it though.

Go to craigslist.com. Click on your state and then look under the jobs categorey. THey have all different types of jobs available. Or if you are just looking for part time job click the last choice under the jobs section which is labeled part time. Hope this helps!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

Go to craigslist.com. Click on your state and then look under the jobs categorey. THey have all different types of jobs available. Or if you are just looking for part time job click the last choice under the jobs section which is labeled part time. Hope this helps!
happy.gif
You know, I've looked through Craigslist before, but I never noticed they had a part-time section 
laugh.gif

Thanks dude

Back
Top Bottom