Sobriety/ who has done it?

Yo NT,
Pretty much hard liquor makes me crazy.  You know how "they" say "a drunk man speaks a sober truth"?  Well I'm opposite.  I say things I don't mean, do things I don't want to do, etc when I'm drunk.  But most the time this only happens with hard liquor, not with beer or wine.  I pretty much hate how I get because most the time I go out its open bar or people I know promoting so the drinks are free.  "Once you pop, you can't stop" kind of situations.

Any NTers on here sober or don't drink hard liquor?  How did you do it?  I've gone through my phases of not drinking at all, but always end up doing it again.  I know I really need to completely cut hard liquor out of my life.

Yo NT,
Pretty much hard liquor makes me crazy.  You know how "they" say "a drunk man speaks a sober truth"?  Well I'm opposite.  I say things I don't mean, do things I don't want to do, etc when I'm drunk.  But most the time this only happens with hard liquor, not with beer or wine.  I pretty much hate how I get because most the time I go out its open bar or people I know promoting so the drinks are free.  "Once you pop, you can't stop" kind of situations.

Any NTers on here sober or don't drink hard liquor?  How did you do it?  I've gone through my phases of not drinking at all, but always end up doing it again.  I know I really need to completely cut hard liquor out of my life.

Originally Posted by Alchemiss

Yo NT,

Suit yourself.
I've never understood why people talk about quiting things. 

Either do it or just cut back a lil bit on w/e it is that you think is becoming a problem in your life and keep it moving.

Yo NT,

Suit yourself.
I've never understood why people talk about quiting things. 

Either do it or just cut back a lil bit on w/e it is that you think is becoming a problem in your life and keep it moving.

I've never been a fan of hard alcohol. Captain Morgan was the first alcohol I ever consumed and it made me so sick that I've been sticking to beer and wine since. Me + hard liquor = not a good situation.

But I'm done drinking for a longgggg time.

Good luck, OP.

I've never been a fan of hard alcohol. Captain Morgan was the first alcohol I ever consumed and it made me so sick that I've been sticking to beer and wine since. Me + hard liquor = not a good situation.

But I'm done drinking for a longgggg time.

Good luck, OP.

Dallas,
I understand where you're coming from, but I do music, workin PR, into fashion, etc.  There's events all the time that I go to for work or networking and I guess I feel awkward if I don't have at least one drink.  If the place only is serving a vodka or rum for example then it's even worse.  I know it's all a mental thing for me (I'm not an alcoholic by any means, I probably drink only once-twice a week now) so that's why I'm asking if any NTers are sober or don't drink liquor and how they stay on that path.  

Dallas,
I understand where you're coming from, but I do music, workin PR, into fashion, etc.  There's events all the time that I go to for work or networking and I guess I feel awkward if I don't have at least one drink.  If the place only is serving a vodka or rum for example then it's even worse.  I know it's all a mental thing for me (I'm not an alcoholic by any means, I probably drink only once-twice a week now) so that's why I'm asking if any NTers are sober or don't drink liquor and how they stay on that path.  

Not that big of a fan of hard alcohol but I drank tequila for about two months straight and just got tired of it, so i just resorted to playing sports, I drink once in a while though, best of luck, OP.

Not that big of a fan of hard alcohol but I drank tequila for about two months straight and just got tired of it, so i just resorted to playing sports, I drink once in a while though, best of luck, OP.

I don't drink at all

Am one of those dudes that can have fun and be wild at party's without getting high or drinking

Get into the habit of drinking beer or wine at these events if you feel the need to drink, or removing yourself from the environment in which you overdrink (but it doesn't sound like you can do this).

Drinking does nothing for me, so it's easy to not overindulge.

I don't drink at all

Am one of those dudes that can have fun and be wild at party's without getting high or drinking

Get into the habit of drinking beer or wine at these events if you feel the need to drink, or removing yourself from the environment in which you overdrink (but it doesn't sound like you can do this).

Drinking does nothing for me, so it's easy to not overindulge.

I have just for a few months. Its becuase i got into a car accident drunk driving. its not that bad tho..i still 
pimp.gif

I have just for a few months. Its becuase i got into a car accident drunk driving. its not that bad tho..i still 
pimp.gif

Just drink less? Take it slow and get to that tipsy level then THINK and realize youre gonna start actin a donkey after the next one so there aint no reason to keep goin

Dunno, I never lose the ability to reason logically while drinkin unless Im at the point where I completely black out, guess others might not feel the same way.

Just drink less? Take it slow and get to that tipsy level then THINK and realize youre gonna start actin a donkey after the next one so there aint no reason to keep goin

Dunno, I never lose the ability to reason logically while drinkin unless Im at the point where I completely black out, guess others might not feel the same way.

Dallas,
I feel you. Sounds to me like completely cutting it out of your life is gonna be a lot harder than the average man trying to quit since it's around you all the time. Gonna have to learn to babysit them drinks.

Dallas,
I feel you. Sounds to me like completely cutting it out of your life is gonna be a lot harder than the average man trying to quit since it's around you all the time. Gonna have to learn to babysit them drinks.

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

Dallas,
Are just order juice or water

****Kanye shrug***

Back
Top Bottom