* SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FEET, KITS AND GEAR - 2014 *

Google search Ayr United's kit launch... They used a body painted model. Can't post in here...
laugh.gif
devil.gif
If i buy the kit, is she included??

Yet those people don't even mention Nike using the same templete for FOUR teams in the same season.
Adidas is way worse.  Practically every single kit from the World Cup and for the upcoming club season seems to have the pointless stripe across the back and down the sides, AND the 3 stripes thrown onto the sleeves of every kit, all regardless of whether it clutters the design or not.

I don't like Nike's usage of the template either but it's not that bad considering it's only the 3rd kit for these teams - it definitely does look worse than necessary though because it's a few of the biggest clubs wearing the exact same template.  At least it's a clean template too, although the color choices for some are a bit garish.  Nike definitely should have done better but for third kits, not that big of a deal.

Last edited:
^exactly, imo the border lining down the shoulder and sides doesn't look terrible on the 3rd kits, especially the color blocking they used.

Yet those people don't even mention Nike using the same templete for FOUR teams in the same season.
I meant adidas.
It's hardly comparable to using the same three stripes on hundreds of teams' kits, for years upon years.

Last edited:
Both Adidas & Nike are about even though... Both have some really great kits & some really awful ones too.

I do like the goalies shirts from Adidas though. The animal/reptile print is kinda cool....

Was just catching up a little on the ManU and Inter game from the other day, that 3rd kit looks dope. Loving the blue and red they used. Might have to pick one up.
Couldn't tell of the back and front's colors differ though? It seems the back was a shade darker, or it could've just been sweat?

Last edited:

Adidas is way worse.  Practically every single kit from the World Cup and for the upcoming club season seems to have the pointless stripe across the back and down the sides, AND the 3 stripes thrown onto the sleeves of every kit, all regardless of whether it clutters the design or not.

I don't like Nike's usage of the template either but it's not that bad considering it's only the 3rd kit for these teams - it definitely does look worse than necessary though because it's a few of the biggest clubs wearing the exact same template.  At least it's a clean template too, although the color choices for some are a bit garish.  Nike definitely should have done better but for third kits, not that big of a deal.
It's all for the average consumers, man. For guys like us who collect kits as a hobby, it doesn't really matter but to the average fans watching on tv, it's gonna make a big difference when they see the three stripes on a jersey because they'll be able to conclude that it's made by adidas.

3 stripes is one of the greatest things for adidas because of how versatile it can be. If nike had come up with the 3 stripes, they'd be overusing it, too.

But like someone said above, both Nike and Adidas make great kits and horrid ones as well. It also comes down to personal preference. I'm personally okay with the 3 stripes as long as it's incorporated well.

Was just catching up a little on the ManU and Inter game from the other day, that 3rd kit looks dope. Loving the blue and red they used. Might have to pick one up.

Couldn't tell of the back and front's colors differ though? It seems the back was a shade darker, or it could've just been sweat?

Very perceptive, the back of the kit is indeed darker. Here's info per Nike's site -

The shirt, shorts and socks are all a rich and vibrant blue on the front with a darker tone of the same color on the entire back. These two tones are divided by a red stripe on both sides of the kit representing United’s famous home color.

Brasileiro's Internacional home & away kits.

View media item 1109562View media item 1109563View media item 1109564View media item 1109565View media item 1109569View media item 1109570View media item 1109571

I posted the new Blackburn Rovers away shirt a couple of pages back & just saw this new pic of the team wearing the kit. The color in the new pic looks a lot more greener than the one I posted prior which looks a lot more turquoise... Nike is calling the color of the kit "Turbo Green".

View media item 1109668View media item 1095014

Very perceptive, the back of the kit is indeed darker. Here's info per Nike's site
Ahh ok, so my eyes weren't playing tricks on me nor was it a sweaty back. :lol: it really made the front blue shade and that bright red pop. I like it.

Btw, how is a 3 paralell stripe pattern, versatile? Even if it was, adidas sure isn't incorporating it's versatility on it's hundreds of kits. Nike has one of the most recognizable marketing symbol in history, yet they only place it once, minimally on kits.

Ahh ok, so my eyes weren't playing tricks on me nor was it a sweaty back. :lol: it really made the front blue shade and that bright red pop. I like it.

During the WC, the Dutch away shirt messed with me like that too. It had a gradient pattern that made me think the sweat made the shirts really dark.

anyone know where to get alt madrid away kit with printing.. official site doesn't offer it

Does anyone know where i can track down a Nike Arsenal 12/13 Away long sleeve kit? So far i could only find short sleeve on ebay.  Thanks

Back
Top Bottom