Soccer/Futbol/Football Footwear, Kits & Gear - 2015

Nike always did a great job with the Celtic kits. Even all their training gear looked nice. End of an era.

I wonder why Nike is ending what seems like a lot of kit deals with football clubs?

View media item 1431997

Nike always did a great job with the Celtic kits. Even all their training gear looked nice. End of an era.

I wonder why Nike is ending what seems like a lot of kit deals with football clubs?

View media item 1431997

Nike won't tell us but it has to do with taking over the NFL contract. Ever since they signed with them they've been losing clubs like clockwork.

I liked The Celtic kits too, love the white/green/black (shhh don't tell anyone)

Last edited:
Nike won't tell us but it has to do with taking over the NFL contract. Ever since they signed with them they've been losing clubs like clockwork.

I liked The Celtic kits too, love the white/green/black (shhh don't tell anyone)
ESPN reported a while back that Nike might not even keep the NFL deal past its initial league contract. A lot of speculation given that the deal was only for 5 years considering the NFL's previous deal with Reebok was for 10 years. It's been losing its college apparel deals too. Arizona State and more notably, Miami- who has been there essentially from day 1 of Nike's outfitting era. It could be the NFL deal causing all this, but that deal might be past tense sooner rather than later as well.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...nfl-college-football-uniforms-peril-uni-watch

Last edited:
ESPN reported a while back that Nike might not even keep the NFL deal past its initial league contract. A lot of speculation given that the deal was only for 5 years considering the NFL's previous deal with Reebok was for 10 years. It's been losing its college apparel deals too. Arizona State and more notably, Miami- who has been there essentially from day 1 of Nike's outfitting era. It could be the NFL deal causing all this, but that deal might be past tense sooner rather than later as well.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...nfl-college-football-uniforms-peril-uni-watch

Wow that was a good read.

Guess Nike can't do what they really want to with the NFL so they could very well leave. Honestly not to change the subject here but the minimal stuff they've done with the NFL is terrible anyways, it'd be better for both. Let Under Armor take over. Get the money and go after the NBA an then steal away Real Madrid or Chelsea in a coupe years and they'd be back at it.

Adidas took a big financial hit with the Russian economy tanked resulting in the ruble sliding to the tune of €78m so far this year. The company's Taylormade golf brand also suffered a whopping 28% decline in sales due to golf interest rapidly declining. They also lost foot hold in the American market as Under Armour is now the #2 sportswear company here in the states. They will be very hard pressed to break even on their United deal. :smh:

I'd be hard pressed to think these new TV deals & uniform deals pay off well for the sportswear & broadcasting companies...

Edit - Adding the link below from the WSJ.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/adidas-fourth-quarter-loss-widens-1425540191

Last edited:
I never find cleats at Ross. I only found magista indoor lows and a man united authentic but passed on both

Adidas took a big financial hit with the Russian economy tanked resulting in the ruble sliding to the tune of €78m so far this year. The company's Taylormade golf brand also suffered a whopping 28% decline in sales due to golf interest rapidly declining. They also lost foot hold in the American market as Under Armour is now the #2 sportswear company here in the states. They will be very hard pressed to break even on their United deal.
mean.gif

I'd be hard pressed to think these new TV deals & uniform deals pay off well for the sportswear & broadcasting companies...

Edit - Adding the link below from the WSJ.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/adidas-fourth-quarter-loss-widens-1425540191
repped for the links

The NFL, EPL, & LA Dodgers are getting over on these broadcasters. There is no way these TV deals are worth the money in terms of profit.

Case in point, rubert murdoch's direct tv loses a nice chunk of change on their nfl ticket deal but they use it as a marketing tool to try & gain subscribers. Even then their losing money because with the rise of streaming services like Netflix, Hulu Plus, & Amazon traditional cable & satellite companies are losing subs.

These companies are stupid for over paying... The irony is they can set the market but they choose to over pay... :rolleyes

Totti tiempos sold out in about 12 seconds...tried my best to get them but not dice. Anyone see any US12s floating around, while highly unlikely let me know

The NFL, EPL, & LA Dodgers are getting over on these broadcasters. There is no way these TV deals are worth the money in terms of profit.

Case in point, rubert murdoch's direct tv loses a nice chunk of change on their nfl ticket deal but they use it as a marketing tool to try & gain subscribers. Even then their losing money because with the rise of streaming services like Netflix, Hulu Plus, & Amazon traditional cable & satellite companies are losing subs.

These companies are stupid for over paying... The irony is they can set the market but they choose to over pay...
eyes.gif
I'd disagree at least with the NFL. The ratings speak otherwise, despite the controversies that went on during the season. Can't beat the the airtime. The EPL ratings have an upward trend as well.

These companies are stupid for over paying... The irony is they can set the market but they choose to over pay... :rolleyes

Well we spend $100 plus dollars on $4 dollar kits made by little Indonesian kids...

Overpaying is part of it, it all balances out :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom