Soccer/Futbol/Football Footwear, Kits & Gear - 2015

I've used the Nike Mercurial Blade the past couple of years. Got them for a really good price, but before that I used some $20 nike ones and they worked just fine
$20 shinguards usually do fine also...the lighter the better for me. Clunky shinguards give me a crao touch.

Maybe it's just in my head tho lol

felt that was going to be an issue from the moment I tried them on. heel is so stiff and absolutely kills me on the pitch. 
can i get a follow up?  how are they now for you after break in?  how long did it take to break in for you if the pain went away?

can i get a follow up?  how are they now for you after break in?  how long did it take to break in for you if the pain went away?

Took the advice of "just tape your heel bruh." They broke in OK but I returned them to my local spot after 5 sessions on the pitch. They just didn't workout for me honestly. I hate taping my feet in anyway. I don't want to be thinking about comfort/discomfort on the field, already got enough thoughts running through my head [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Took the advice of "just tape your heel bruh." They broke in OK but I returned them to my local spot after 5 sessions on the pitch. They just didn't workout for me honestly. I hate taping my feet in anyway. I don't want to be thinking about comfort/discomfort on the field, already got enough thoughts running through my head [emoji]128514[/emoji]
That's really unfortunate...I love nike's x series and I recently got the mercurialx MC for the amazing price of 95 shipped.  At this point I'm just going to use my tiempo genio for casual wear and save the proximo for a more serious futbol session =/  I feel you about taping too, never had to do that for any basketball/soccer shoe in my life.  I used to have the original mercurial vapors and don't recall having to tape/break in like these.  Anyways I found these links to be quite helpful for those who are experiencing blister issues:

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/the-anti-blister-thread.1101349/

just came in to work today. tried to get a up close pick to see the details. really cool what they did there. gotta figure out what i'm going to do with this and the home jersey. thinking Depay on this one and maybe Schweinsteiger on the home.

Such a hassle to put on the MagistaX Proximo 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

That's really unfortunate...I love nike's x series and I recently got the mercurialx MC for the amazing price of 95 shipped.  At this point I'm just going to use my tiempo genio for casual wear and save the proximo for a more serious futbol session =/  I feel you about taping too, never had to do that for any basketball/soccer shoe in my life.  I used to have the original mercurial vapors and don't recall having to tape/break in like these.  Anyways I found these links to be quite helpful for those who are experiencing blister issues:

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/the-anti-blister-thread.1101349/

if you have to watch 30 min of youtube videos on how to avoid blisters, you must be a serious Nike hypebeast. I'll just stick with my predator instincts. Great from day one

if you have to watch 30 min of youtube videos on how to avoid blisters, you must be a serious Nike hypebeast. I'll just stick with my predator instincts. Great from day one
these are for indoor #1...for field i use adidas predator absolute #2...and if i choose nike because i like them over other brands current offerings, that makes me a hypebeast?  
eyes.gif
 try again man.

Any suggestions for kits I should go with for my indoor fall league? My buddy suggested Inter Milan but I'm keeping my options open 

Had those t90s, awesome boot

i wanted them so bad, but we had to have team colors or straight black/white - i had the black/orange. i make the middle school kids i coach now wear black
Any suggestions for kits I should go with for my indoor fall league? My buddy suggested Inter Milan but I'm keeping my options open 

i don't have a particular kit, but whatever you decide on, i'd call your supplier and have them send you one in each size so that your guys can try them on before you add customizations. i've had to order for teams a few times, and you always get one or two people who think it's your fault that they should have ordered a different size.

these are for indoor #1...for field i use adidas predator absolute #2...and if i choose nike because i like them over other brands current offerings, that makes me a hypebeast?  
eyes.gif
 try again man.
sorry, was using the proverbial "you." I've had blister issues before. been playing for 20 years. for me, if I get blisters in a boot, no tutorial or FAQ is going to help. They got to go. 

sorry, was using the proverbial "you." I've had blister issues before. been playing for 20 years. for me, if I get blisters in a boot, no tutorial or FAQ is going to help. They got to go. 
my bad...and i agree with you on the blistering part.  around my way the selection of indoor boots is extremely limited so i have to order directly from nike.  anyways, i just received the hypervenomx proximo street today and they seem like a keeper.  not cutting into my heel at all but performance (touch and control) not as good as magistax proximo.    

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom