Soccer/Futbol/Football Footwear, Kits & Gear - 2016

whats with the rib cage looking watermark?
Nike Vapor kits with AeroSwift feature a combination of single and double knit; single knit where the athlete needs breathability, double knit where more structure is required. The knitting is so precise it enables construction of true holes where needed. “In the past, we would complete a kit and then laser perforate holes for ventilation in post production,” continues Lotti. “This new method makes it possible for us to build breathability right into the garment without compromising its structure or burning through it.”
They go into more detail on the design on all of these kits here

http://news.nike.com/news/2016-football-vapor-kit-aeroswift

the new Nike kits are really bad. They totally **** the bed with the USA kits. Shocking. 

Even my girl Alex Morgan couldn't make them look good 
tired.gif

I know I'm in the minority on this but I actually like the USA kits especially the black one and the Nike template this year in general. I have a soft spot for minimalist looks.

I imagine $180 like the PSG 3rd kit this year since that was the first time we saw the new authentic design and material. But hopefully it's not.

Feeling them national kits, very minimalist with nice details, so dope. :nthat:

Last edited:
so how much these authentics gonna be now? 200?
NDC has them at 150 (match/authentic) and 90 (stadium/replica). I believe that matches the 2014 WC price. For some reason, the polo and prematch shirt feature the old logo.

Really need to see the typeface before making a decision. The white is a downgrade from WC but that's a very high bar to reach.

I said this in the official football thread, but I wanna ask this here. How is it that the majority of MLS players play on artificial grass week in amd week out, yet they only wear firm ground soleplates throughout the season?

Totally unrelated, but I would **** the ish out of Toni Duggan

So much misinformation in that thread about MLS. Only 5 of 20 teams play on turf.
Only 5? I honestly thought that more than half played on turf. And I also thought there was more than 20 clubs in MLS. The 2 teams that play on turf that come to mind right away is Portland Timbers and Seattle Sounders. Put me on game, I'm not woke.

so how much these authentics gonna be now? 200?
Right? $200 for less materials but since it's a "new innovation" they gotta hike up the prices.

You have to factor in the manufacturing process for stuff. This isn't some sweat shop made Jordans.

Not to mention you don't have to own the $200 jersey and with patience you can have deals.

The national kits look better in the reveal photos but it looks like it would be hard to rock casually if that makes sense. 

I was starting to feel the USA away kit until my girl said they look like a cop car 
laugh.gif

USA kit looked like **** in that -value eBay seller esque photo in the dim lighting we saw before. **** looks great in the official mock up.

I can't say im crazy about the USA jersey but i think i will pick one up this year. The white polo fiasco of last year and the Rocket-pop away last year were terrible.
But i do like the home and i like that the away is black....those sleeves though...prob stick with home. The keeper jersey is actually really really nice though :lol:

The black away US kit is not bad actually. I think I'll cop even the shorts as well. Why don't the US have a 3rd kit?!

CR7 New Mercurial Chapter 2 "Natural Diamond" 

Nike-Mercurial-Superfly-CR7%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Nike-Mercurial-Superfly-CR7%2B%25286%2529.jpg

Nike-Mercurial-Superfly-CR7%2B%25285%2529.jpg
​ 
blue-nike-mercurial-superfly-cristiano-ronaldo-2016-boots-6.jpg
blue-nike-mercurial-superfly-cristiano-ronaldo-2016-boots-3.jpg
blue-nike-mercurial-superfly-cristiano-ronaldo-2016-boots-7.jpg

Nike-Mercurial-Vapor-X-CR7-2016-Boots%2B%25282%2529.jpg
Nike-Mercurial-Vapor-X-CR7-2016-Boots%2B%25283%2529.jpg
Nike-Mercurial-Vapor-X-CR7-2016-Boots%2B%25284%2529.jpg
Nike-Mercurial-Vapor-X-CR7-2016-Boots%2B%25287%2529.jpg
Nike-Mercurial-Vapor-X-CR7-2016-Boots%2B%25288%2529.jpg
​​

Nike is really, really becoming lazy AF. Terrible.

I like the Portugal kit but I don't want to look like every other team out there man :smh:

Anyone else in her experience pain in their big toe after wearing the leather hypervenoms for a match?

New Superfly's looking real good.

40% lighter sole plate...don't know how i feel about the speed bumps but if they are useful i will like them im sure. Hopefully this means current gen superflys will go on sale and i can scoop the mango's for under $200

Back
Top Bottom