Soccer/Futbol/Football Footwear, Kits & Gear - 2016

I thought Tru Sox and Storelli had patents and copyrights on their products?

Not really man. It's gotten a little bit better but to me it seems like Nike is still way under producing AG models, once the size you need in a specific color way is gone it's gone, and if there's a specific AG boot you want you better cop in the months immediately after release. No overstock = no deals :smh:

Sucks for places like CA where most leagues and sport complexes are well on their way to exclusively playing on turf. Nike needs to catch up.

AG deals are out there. I landed my yellow superflys for $175 on valentines day last year. And i have seen the new mango's as low as $225 floating around on soccerpro and even soccer.com has them below retail i believe. When a new colorway comes out keep an eye out thats when the older ones get marked down.

And its not just nike...the industry needs to catch up. AG is the norm here in MD. I have HV 1s in AG and superflys in AG. On the off chance i actually play on grass i have some old vapor 8s that i wear.
I figured this was the case for AG boots. But I'm a broke boy and ain't no way I'm paying close to retail.

I used to wear the Bomba Finale 2 when I played 5-a-side futsal on turf. But to be honest they were garbage, super tight around the forefoot. I have not worn them in almost 2 years now since I don't go and play futsal anymore. I don't know if there is any difference between turf and artificial grass sole plates since both have rubber nubs/studs on the bottom. On the rare occasion I step on a field with artificial grass, I use my old green HV1 since they are falling apart. But they end up hurting my feet and feeling mad hot after like 20 minutes.

i guess those could help. but im old school. J guards. thats all you need. sz L. mediums if ur one of those people that love chipped shins. 

best ball was the first total 90 ball during dinho days. the red/white and they had a blue/white la liga ball also. the ball movement was crazy on those and they shot off when u shoot but were dead when you touched them out of the air. havent even used a newer ball since the CL 2010 adidas ball. the 30$ versiosn are garbage. they stick to your boots and the outer layer is a sponge. horrible. just spend the 50$ and get the mid version and try not to lose it. 100x better

Last edited:
I don't wear shin guards in my league, just like I never wore a cup when I played football. They just feel awkward, although I've suffered the consequences :smh: at times.

Also I'm wearing a leather pair of cleats now and I think I'm leather for life now. I now know why all the older dudes wear it, it really is comfortable

Where would one obtain a long-sleeved US jersey?
Great question. For a while I thought Nike was getting away from long sleeves and encouraging players to wear the base layers. Definitely noticed more players wearing long sleeves this past week.

Looks like the Predator might be back 
pimp.gif

I'd love to see sales numbers on the PUMA evospeed SL that they keep making more colorways of a boot that says won't last a full season. Or did they change that?

Still waiting for other brands to join the AG movement. Gonna need new boots real soon and i hate that i might buy the same pair that i currently have :lol:. I don't think in my soccer life i have ever had two pairs of the same shoe. But my superfly IVs have a crack in the carbon fiber and they were pre-toe reinforcement on AG model so the sole is starting to separate. But right now its looking like if i can pull the any superfly (prefere the Mango) for under $200 i will pull the trigger

Bro go get your full retail nike voucher, that cracked sole plate is guaranteed for two years from production date.

Bro go get your full retail nike voucher, that cracked sole plate is guaranteed for two years from production date.

Is it two years? I thought it was one? Will def return.

How long is the process since the season just started...i will be without boots for awhile i guess?

Last edited:
For footwear you get two years from the manufacture date on the tag inside the shoe. They have to receive the shoe in the mail within that two year window. 

Takes about six weeks to get your voucher so yea you'll definitely need something else in the meantime. 

Last edited:
For footwear you get two years from the manufacture date on the tag inside the shoe. They have to receive the shoe in the mail within that two year window. 

Takes about six weeks to get your voucher so yea you'll definitely need something else in the meantime. 

Does that apply for all Nike cleats or just the top models. I just got a pair of Premiers and I'd love that peace of mind

So just a logistics question. I send them back...it takes awhile but i then get a voucher. But in the mean time i need some boots. So i order superflys...spend retail or whatever. I get the voucher for the retail price of my boots. I now have spent the money on my boots and have a voucher. Like id obviously like the voucher to cover my new boots. It doesn't seem like that is really possible unless i am willing to wait and use old beater cleats for a big chunk of the season.

^and i wonder if these even see the light of day in the US market. anything with an SG plate is lucky to get a limited release here, so i wouldn't be surprised if "anti clog" (a much bigger issue on SG) follows that supposed logic. they're much more common in europe.

that being said, that plate looks like a hybrid between FG and SG, so who knows what happens. i'd definitely be interested in trying it out.

^and i wonder if these even see the light of day in the US market. anything with an SG plate is lucky to get a limited release here, so i wouldn't be surprised if "anti clog" (a much bigger issue on SG) follows that supposed logic. they're much more common in europe.

that being said, that plate looks like a hybrid between FG and SG, so who knows what happens. i'd definitely be interested in trying it out.

I hope they do, the fields I play on are notoriously muddy throughout the entire year

So just a logistics question. I send them back...it takes awhile but i then get a voucher. But in the mean time i need some boots. So i order superflys...spend retail or whatever. I get the voucher for the retail price of my boots. I now have spent the money on my boots and have a voucher. Like id obviously like the voucher to cover my new boots. It doesn't seem like that is really possible unless i am willing to wait and use old beater cleats for a big chunk of the season.

Yea no real way around that. The only thing I'd recommend is maybe you buy a take down model from Nike for the interim while you wait on your voucher but make sure you return them for store credit after 30 days. Then at least you can put the money you spent on the temp boots towards other gear and you drastically cut down the time you're waiting on a voucher without boots.

If you don't want to do that I'd just hold onto the voucher and put it towards the next next pair of boots.

Back
Top Bottom