Soccer/Futbol/Football Footwear, Kits & Gear - 2016

Are you guys looking to wear one because of a previous sprain? I sprained mine not too long ago, and it was suggested I just wrapped my ankle with medical tape when I play just incase 

Are you guys looking to wear one because of a previous sprain? I sprained mine not too long ago, and it was suggested I just wrapped my ankle with medical tape when I play just incase 

I am... ive seen videos seems kinda time consuming no?

For me its cause I've rolled my right ankle twice before in the past so yeah its cause of a previous injury. I'm just looking for some extra protection cause I've noticed every now and then even though my ankle feels fine now if I make a tackle with my right foot or a block with my right foot I can still feel it just a bit.

An ankle guard though won't really help stabilize, it will just protect from impact. If you had a sprain or the ligaments are some how compromised taping is your best option.

I rolled my ankle bad last outdoor season and had to tape it for an entire season. Its not terribly time consuming just make sure you dont' do it too tight and cut off circulation...i did that a few times and had to rewrap it because i couldn't feel my foot after pre-game warm up.

An ankle guard though won't really help stabilize, it will just protect from impact. If you had a sprain or the ligaments are some how compromised taping is your best option.

I rolled my ankle bad last outdoor season and had to tape it for an entire season. Its not terribly time consuming just make sure you dont' do it too tight and cut off circulation...i did that a few times and had to rewrap it because i couldn't feel my foot after pre-game warm up.

Agreed. If you had a sprain and need extra support, braces like those won't help you at all. Tape works better, doesn't take that long and there are videos to show you how to do it right.

I also wore this for a while, which helps with stabilization but if your boots are snug now you might not be able to fit in them with it on.
Amazon product ASIN B00TZTO0VM

I'd definitely advocate rehabilitation over any kind of brace. Get that ankle healthy again opposed to out of sight out of mind. Letting that kind of joint/ligament damage linger for years will end your playing days earlier than need be when you get in your 30's/40's.

I've been doing strengthening exercises for my ankle and icing shortly after. Many videos on youtube that are helpful

Gotta get my ankle healthy again, new season starts June 6th

Thanks for all the replies and advice about the ankle brace thing guys is appreciated 
nthat.gif

Bruh.......

June 3rd is supposed to be the release date.

I didn't even know it comes in that colorway. I just ordered the black/blue from champs the other day with 20% off because the coupon was about to expired. Should've waited. Hope it isn't limited.

:x :smokin I was just about to order the all black pair with a 15% off from nike, might do so still considering how I'm sure this colorway will be limited. They are gorgeous though and would fulfill my need so I don't have to nostalgically purchase the Superfly ID's for $315 :smh:

Last edited:
Yea man I got the black ones but this changes the game gonna have to pick those up since I don't have any of the boots.

barca kit looks great. glad the hoops were a one and done thing. the mirror reported today that FCB is still in talks with qatar airways to renew the shirt sponsorship, but sponsor-free (or unicef) would be great.

for alternates, i'd expect something senyera-related, and a light blue third kit.

i thought this one (from ~2011) was exceptional:
View media item 2049957

View media item 2050222
This the GOAT Barcelona away/third kid I still got the full kit including socks. :lol:

Got the teal and and neon yellow too definitely up there.

Nike definitely was ahead of the florescent color trend with their Barcelona kits almost ten years ago now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom