Sony fans...please convince me to keep my PS3...

Don't mean to take this outside of the official threads for either the PS3 or 360. But I have a dilemma, and I figured a separate thread would be an easyway to directly address it. If I was wrong please lock/move. Once word of the KMart deal spread around..I felt a little pressure to get a PS3 as I alreadyhave had a 360 since launch...the prospect of getting 20% off seemed like a easy choice for me to purchase as I was not looking to pay full price. Now theconsole has been sitting here for about 24 hrs and I can't bring myself to find a reason to open it and play, In fact I'm feeling buyers remorse andalmost feel like returning it. I purchased a Blockbuster game pass...stood in the store for 20 mins...couldn't even find anything that jumped out at me toplay...so I rented Raw / Smackdown 2008. PS3 owners...please tell me why I shouldn't be feeling this way and I should keep it. I browsed over the officialthread and even there I couldn't find anything that helped me feel differently besides maybe a new Tekken game and the fact that it is a Blu Ray player.Please help...I wanna keep it..I'm looking for reasons in the future to make me hold out and change my mind. But as more time passes it seem like its notthe thing to do. Thanks in advance.

return it and buy some new 360 games...maybe send me cod4
nerd.gif

That new uncharted game is getting 90/100s, Warhawk is good, Rachet & Clank and Resistance are good too.

Rest of the stuff is the same as the 360 though. I heard assassin's creed runs better on ps3..?

I purchased a Blockbuster game pass...stood in the store for 20 mins...couldn't even find anything that jumped out at me to play
wow

Originally Posted by swendro88

I purchased a Blockbuster game pass...stood in the store for 20 mins...couldn't even find anything that jumped out at me to play
wow

Well the prob was...everything that seemed halfway decent I already had played/owned/rented on 360...Virtua Fighter 5...check.....COD4...check...TonyHawk...check...I was literally left with Motorstorm / Smackdown vs Raw, I mean maybe my Blockbuster selection was slacking.

flip it on ebay dude. you got the 20% off right? if they become hard to find in stores this christmas, you can sell for retail or above...

before it turns to a my system is better than yours thread

Yeah I kind of realized after the post. It's not what I'm going for ...although I'm sure it wont matter. I'm not trying to down talk / slanderthe PS3 ...I'm honestly looking for reasons to keep it. Just not having such a easy time finding those reasons on my own, so I asked for some help.

i just bought mine yesterday, i hate it and its an 80 gig, any 1 think i can get 350+ for it?

Well the only thing I can say is be patient or just use it as a blu-ray player. Gran Turismo 5, MGS4, Haze, Uncharted and Kill Zone 2 will all be out soonerthan later but if you have no use for the blu-ray player and none of those games are appealing to you then I'd say return it for sure. If you wanted toplay those though it might just end up being a waste of your time to return it then buy another one at a later date, probably for a higher price since you gotthe 20% off.

Originally Posted by Commander Cool 23

Well the only thing I can say is be patient or just use it as a blu-ray player. Gran Turismo 5, MGS4, Haze, Uncharted and Kill Zone 2 will all be out sooner than later but if you have no use for the blu-ray player and none of those games are appealing to you then I'd say return it for sure. If you wanted to play those though it might just end up being a waste of your time to return it then buy another one at a later date, probably for a higher price since you got the 20% off.

Thanks for the response. Yeah thats my prob...I'm scared I'm gonna jump the gun on the return and end up having to pay full price down the line.Thats probably my biggest reason towards keeping so far. GT5 is seeming pretty glorious also.

You got 20% of the $399 price? how?

I'm thnking about getting one. I don't really game though. I do want the blue ray.

Originally Posted by poblack

You got 20% of the $399 price? how?

I'm thnking about getting one. I don't really game though. I do want the blue ray.
There is a 20% off any 1 item in KMart coupon floating around the net. I believe it was posted in both the 360 / PS3 threads.

The only thing i can say TODAY is that it will be able to playback DIVX and presumibly XVID in a month. Also, if you have an HD-TV over 40 inches BLU-RAY isthe only way to go. That alone makes it worth it for me....

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

The only thing i can say TODAY is that it will be able to playback DIVX and presumibly XVID in a month. Also, if you have an HD-TV over 40 inches BLU-RAY is the only way to go. That alone makes it worth it for me....
Yeah the BluRay is a big plus for me right now. So with the DIVX playback...I could technically burn an AVI file to a dvd and it will playback? orit would have to be copied to the HD?

Back
Top Bottom