South Park Season 19 Thread 9/16

nerd.gif

http://niketalk.com/t/637950/dudes-on-nt-who-criticize-others-but-cant-take-criticism

nerd.gif

Because restaurants that come under attack from douchey hipsters with a Gmail account aren't the same as Twoddles who toss their photos up online, and then get upset when people call them fat. One person is trying to make a living, the other is actively seeking attention in a public forum, and then crying when people say mean things about them. If you don't want people saying mean things, then don't put your photos online. As for restaurants, the market has always sorted itself out. Bad restaurants have always come and gone, regardless of the Internet.

But we don't need people leaving one star reviews because their water glasses weren't refilled within .08 seconds of being emptied. Yes, people do that. Hell, read any nightclub review. People give clubs one star literally because they had to wait in line to get in. That's it. Because nobody else had to wait in line, right? And, when you complain to Yelp, their response is "pay for ads and we'll push your negative reviews off the first page." That's extortion.

TL;DR People are petty on Yelp, people been calling people ugly for thousands of years
All this doesn't change the fact that Yelp would be useless if people didn't pay attention to it. They should've made fun of those who take "reviews" from Yelp into consideration when choosing a restaurant not so much Yelp reviewers or Yelp itself. They would be powerless if people didn't pay attention to them, the way it should be. Criticizing something for the way it functions, even if it's harsh by some amateur who complains about ".08 seconds" of difference is worse than cyber-bullying some kid who posts a picture of himself on the Internet? They're both the same thing: A bunch of letters that you read on your computer screen or phone. And those letters are only as powerful as you allow them to be. Except that kids who are being cyber-bullied might not take criticism as well as a restaurant because they don't know better. Kids have killed themselves over this.

Yelp is stupid. But anyone with half a brain knew this from the get-go and didn't need to have someone else tell tham that it's stupid.

Thought it was the 2nd best episode of the season.

Putting your personal info on social media and demanding you only see good results is not the same as people gett8ng annoyed at yelp reviewers. You can't completely and permanently take your business off of yelp. Someone can always put it on.

Add to that the yelp episode seemed more about the reviewers looking for special attention, not restaurants being unable to take criticosm

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, how isn't there already some app or program that filters out negative comment you can use on your social media? Something with an algorithm to take out the negative stuff.

I say cuz I found it extra funny that Butters was printing out the good stuff and they were reading it on paper. That's a lot of hoops to jump through for a safe space :lol:

Butters could've just reported the negative posts and blocked the ppl.

Man they are really on another level this season. It's seriously unbelievable. Randy pulling the sandwich out of the kids mouth to get his change, #shamelessamerica, Reality. I mean at every turn it's perfect social commentary.

Now that I think about it, how isn't there already some app or program that filters out negative comment you can use on your social media? Something with an algorithm to take out the negative stuff.

I say cuz I found it extra funny that Butters was printing out the good stuff and they were reading it on paper. That's a lot of hoops to jump through for a safe space :lol:

Butters could've just reported the negative posts and blocked the ppl.

The episode was based on Lena Dunham, who hired someone to go through her Twitter account and filter all the negative stuff out. Lena can't quit Twitter, but she doesn't want to see the negative stuff. She's certainly not the only celeb who has someone managing their account, but she went on record admitting she doesn't even look at it because of all the negativity.

http://www.people.com/article/lena-dunham-doesnt-run-her-twitter-body-shaming-instagram

Oh, she's very annoying to me. Makes sense.

She complains way too much online. To the point I'm never looking for anything she says but I'll end up at some point reading or hearing her whining about her image and how she's made fun of for being ugly or fat.

Trey & Mat should've put her on the show instead of Demi Lovatto (I know she's made similar complaints about her body issues and drug addiction but the difference here is Demi is bipolar).

Last edited:
PC principal is sooooo damn annoying :rofl:

He's a walking talking SJW. He's supposed to be annoying lol.

Also, the reactions to this season from real life SJWs have been making Matt and Trey's point for them. And, they're so self-absorbed they don't even realize the trap they've walked into, either.

Episode was amazing. Waiting for the uncut to hit Hulu. Got me watching every episode two to three times a week :lol:

True but it's got ads on tv anyway so I don't stress it too much. I'm damn sure not paying extra for ad free Hulu :lol:

They don't have all the eps on SouthParkStudios anymore?

They do, but Hulu runs the streaming service so you have to either sit through ads or through a black screen that lasts as long as the ad. Also, random episodes aren't available, and for no particular reason. And not the ones that have been "banned", either.

My gf has hulu and it's terrible besides hey arnold, samarui jack, and south park. Only reason she got it is for mindy project. And broad city is good too

Yes the people who don't like this season (besides those that want less momemt in time social commentary eps) are exact who SP is joking on

today i parked at a wholefoods parking lot to get some ramen across the street and got hit with a 65 dollar parking ticket 
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom