SPACEJAM XI: to all my young heads, my lesson to you: WEAR YOUR KICKS

i know people have posted war stories like this before, but as a school teacher, i feel that everyone should learn from others mistakes....
anyway, the other day at school one of my students asked me what was my most favorite pair of shoes that i own. I replied "spacejam xi's", andwent on to tell him the story of how they were our senior year hooping shoe (2001), how they came out during the movie "spacejam", limited run,taught them the definition of an "icy sole", basically all the basic info of the jordan xi, etc... he then asked me to wear a pair to school.

so this morning i get ready for work, open the box up, vvvvvvvnds spacejam xi's which i wore once or twice tops, lace em up and head to work.

period one - "nice kicks", "whooa, are those the ones?"

http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/rayray3000/?action=view&current=Photo5.jpg

period two- i notice my feet start to hurt a little

period three- man, these are not feeling right (i own many many pairs of XIs)

lunch- as i walk up the stairs i feel a lifting on my toe

http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/rayray3000/?action=view&current=Photo7.jpg

period four- trying to teach a class while in the back of my mind i cant help but worry that my spacejams are gonna de-laminate mid step

period five- sitting in my classroom, in disbelief that this is the result....

http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/rayray3000/?action=view&current=Photo6.jpg http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/rayray3000/?action=view&current=Photo8.jpg

lesson to my youngsters....

hype all you want over a pair of shoes. if you don't plan on wearing them, you are only fooling yourself. its cool to keep a pair of kicks on ice for alittle while, but keeping a pair of shoes on ice for pure bragging purposes, or just for the self reassurance that you have "shoe game", or thatyou're a "shoe head" is just another way of clowning yourself that your not a hypebeast. WEAR YOUR KICKS! ENJOY THEM!

RIP SPACEJAM XI's ON ICE SINCE 2001

please keep the flaming to yourself....

wow im def gonna keep that in mind, that is a super sad story and i almost felt like cry when i saw the midsole separated. my condolances dude. thanks a bunchfor those words of wisdom
ohwell.gif

Thats what i always say also bro. I have a few pairs like infared 6's that i know will crumble if i wear them so they stay on ice. Once they have sat for afew years you pass the point of no return. Sorry to hear that but take them to a shoe repair shop so you can atleast get them wearable again

thanks for this
i was thinking of keeping some kicks ds but im rocking them to school tomorrow
thanks and soryy bout your spacejams
they can easily be repaired though

Dammmmnnnnnnnn that suck 4 real so what if I buy a pair of ds space jams that's gona happen???

thats why i use all my shoes i just rotate them when i can. but im pretty sure you can glue them back cuz i seen ppl swich soles on xi before.

Originally Posted by Xavier23

Dammmmnnnnnnnn that suck 4 real so what if I buy a pair of ds space jams that's gona happen???

depends... im in hawaii and im pretty sure the humidity has something to do with it. when i was in college up in colorado my kicks would never yellow, but hereon the islands my shoes yellow waaaaaaay faster!

Originally Posted by elpurepecha

thats why i use all my shoes i just rotate them when i can. but im pretty sure you can glue them back cuz i seen ppl swich soles on xi before.
switch soles? thas deep id like to see that (wouldnt do it tho)

Man, that sucks, sorry bro...i saw a teacher at our school who i never would have thought having jordans was rockin some OG carmines. but thats pretty coolyour a teacher and rock heat. big ups to you...

Damn that gave me a different outlook on my DS kicks....

when the snow is gone,I might just break out my OG XIIIs

Thats why I keep all my shoe on rotation I dont wear that pair of shoes till I wear everykick kick in the collection type rotation. So I DONT HAVE TO FEEL THATPAIN. Man I would have cryed in class if I was you

Sorry about your shoes man.. those are my Holy Grails.

How did you store them, if you don't mind me asking. Silica packs? Dark/dry closet? Etc...

Me and my girl's pair have been on ice for a while. They were in rotation during the first couple years but we've retired them, respectively. I hopethey don't breakdown during an outing!!

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

lesson to my youngsters....
hype all you want over a pair of shoes. if you don't plan on wearing them, you are only fooling yourself. its cool to keep a pair of kicks on ice for a little while, but keeping a pair of shoes on ice for pure bragging purposes, or just for the self reassurance that you have "shoe game", or that you're a "shoe head" is just another way of clowning yourself that your not a hypebeast. WEAR YOUR KICKS! ENJOY THEM!
way too true, and im glad to see others feelin this way. i don't understand the meaning behind a DS collection, unless it's to make money10 years from now.if that's the plan, buy stocks and they'll pay out more. i don't have one pair of ds shoes, and i can't imagine myself everhaving a pair. good post, people could learn from this example.

Back
Top Bottom