(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

@Tdogg2k Using the clueless folks in the show thread as evidence that the series is falling apart is laughable. Most of those guys in that thread watch GoT for T&A and violence. No offense to them but they don't take it seriously like us book readers, which is one of the reasons why I try my best not to venture off into that thread. Reading the comments is mind numbing sometimes.

I'm a book reader and LOVE the series. Am I upset that Sir Barristan and others died who are still alive in the books, of course. But I'm also happy we're not following Brieanne and Pod aimlessly rides through Westeros week after week like in the books. I take the good with the bad. The good, imo, far outweigh bad.

This is the book readers thread though.... We SHOULD be discussing the differences and where things are headed in both mediums.

Agreed just wish my fellow readers were more optimistic about the show's direction as I am.

Still can't believe how much I look forward to Sansa's storyline weekly. Her and Jon's are neck and neck as my fave right now.

I was doing that, trust me I love ASOIAF, loved the show season 1-4. this season book to show wise is complete fan fic at this point. and thats not a problem........for others.....It wasn't really a problem for me up until the last 2 eps.. again like i said some aspects of the show I like, but there is more that i'm just not appreciating...
only 4 eps in, I'll get over my butt hurt no worries.

as far as the book

has anyone read Dangerous women yet.. thats the only one I haven't checked out..

apparently grrm has a space odyssey book thats great also.

Last edited:
I was doing that, trust me I love ASOIAF, loved the show season 1-4. this season book to show wise is complete fan fic at this point. and thats not a problem........for others.....It wasn't really a problem for me up until the last 2 eps.. again like i said some aspects of the show I like, but there is more that i'm just not appreciating...
only 4 eps in, I'll get over my butt hurt no worries.

as far as the book

has anyone read Dangerous women yet.. thats the only one I haven't checked out..

apparently grrm has a space odyssey book thats great also.
Dangerous Woman is a collection of short stories. 

GRRM has a Dance with a Dragon story in there which takes place hundreds of years before the current story. Haven't read it but it sounds good. 

^I know but there is a section in there about the dragon queens.

he also has a children book about the ice dragon

Random question but is anyone reading the ebook version of the series or are you guys reading the physical copies? :nerd:

-Drew

Random question but is anyone reading the ebook version of the series or are you guys reading the physical copies? :nerd:

-Drew

I personally like the feel of physical books and I have books 1-4 in paperback and 5 in hardcover. However, I bought a Nook Glow back in 2012 and I will be going ebook going forward just because I don't want to waste any more paper. But I'm still biased and love books to put on the shelf and such.

Who is Jon snows momma?

edflkhjsdkfljsdkfjsdklfdslfkljdksfkjdfjkfdjkdfjkljklsjldfkdfjksdfljksdfkjlsdjkfl

It's widely believed that Jon snows mother is Lyanna Stark (Ned's sister) and his father is Rhaegar Targaryen (Dany's older brother)

*randomly types letters to avoid spoilers for non-book readers*

Okay fellas, we get it, the show and books are different. Let's move on, please.

but this is the book thread. We should be able to talk about how things differ and if we like them or not in this thread.

-Drew

I read all 5 on ebook...

A few summers back I basically read the whole series on my iPhone

I had torn my Achilles and knocked out all 5 in a few weeks.

Book 4 was rough... I wish I could go back in time and read it originally in the combined version

I read all 5 on ebook...

Book 4 was rough... I wish I could go back in time and read it originally in the combined version

That's what I plan to do when I finish grad school and get my CPA exams out of the way. Hopefully that means sometime next summer because I don't plan to read book 6 until I reread 1-5.

-Drew

I personally like the feel of physical books and I have books 1-4 in paperback and 5 in hardcover. However, I bought a Nook Glow back in 2012 and I will be going ebook going forward just because I don't want to waste any more paper. But I'm still biased and love books to put on the shelf and such.

I'm actually the same way. I'm weird though because if I buy an ebook, I end up picking up a physical copy to put up on the shelf. :lol:

There's just something about having a collection of books. :smokin

-Drew

I read all 5 on ebook...

Repped, bro. :smokin

You know why. :nthat:

-Drew

I read all 5 on ebook...

That's what I plan to do when I finish grad school and get my CPA exams out of the way. Hopefully that means sometime next summer because I don't plan to read book 6 until I reread 1-5.

You'll have plenty of time to reread them :lol: :smh:

I want to reread them as well...once i get a chance

I really did enjoy book 4, of course it lacked the action that book 3 and 5 had but it was good.

Yo so i knew my rantingin here the other day wasnt unwarranted. Even grrms editors are mad at the show

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/05/0...th-game-of-thrones-departures-from-the-books/

Everything that Barristan did in the books is going to be replaced by Daario so they can push his love story with Dany :x

With Loras being one of the top 5 fighters in the world you would have thought that he would have just killed all the faith militant and fled back to Highgarden.

I can see how the Loras deviations make sense in the long run for the Margery/Cersi storyline but his character along with a host of others have been cheapened because of their either ineptitude or inability to write solid character arcs for TV. I and everyone else would have been more invested if we actually gave a **** about TV Loras or TV Barristan. All my non book reader friends were just like "Oh man, they killed that old dude". Even I sat back and was just like "Well TV show Barristan never really even did anything so if they weren't going to do the Queens Hand stuff it's no big deal he's dead."

Last edited:
I feel like book readers have complained about every episode this season, but  we should have accepted the fact that the show is going in a completely different direction after season three and four when there was no LS,or CH. I mean what they did to Barristan and Loras blows, but I'm not mad about it. Just a little disappointed.

Not gonna lie, I do enjoy the fact that at this point the show can't possible be better than the books, so it does feel nice having that one up.

I feel like book readers have complained about every episode this season, but  we should have accepted the fact that the show is going in a completely different direction after season three and four when there was no LS,or CH.

Thank You.

That's the point I was trying to make on the last page.

I feel like book readers have complained about every episode this season, but  we should have accepted the fact that the show is going in a completely different direction after season three and four when there was no LS,or CH. I mean what they did to Barristan and Loras blows, but I'm not mad about it. Just a little disappointed.

Not gonna lie, I do enjoy the fact that at this point the show can't possible be better than the books, so it does feel nice having that one up.

Yeah I don't think anyone is mad like the Walking Dead comic readers are. We're just like you, slightly to wildly disappointed. I just look at the show as cliff notes by a student was half asleep during his original reading

Yeah I don't think anyone is mad like the Walking Dead comic readers are. We're just like you, slightly to wildly disappointed. I just look at the show as cliff notes by a student was half asleep during his original reading

I've read walking dead comics up to about where they are now. I think aside from andrea (which I'm glad we have tasha instead) I dont think it's that bad...they couldn't really have carl walking around with half his face blown off and rick with one hand still being a complete savage or the way the baby died.

Walking dead from the jump proved it self to be an independent show from the comic. only thing that was really the same were the names and locations.

GoT is different because they kept generally to the script for 3 seasons (really 1.5 seasons, but the rest close enough)

A lot of book readers are mad at the show simply because you give us 3-4 seasons of decent canon episodes. then season 5 comes out..and it's been pure fan fic.. That's why we're mad and that's the difference between GoT and TWD

Back
Top Bottom