(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

sdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

yo so did DxD low key reveal Jaquen as Syrio...
when he said to Arya... And who is the Only God.

What's interesting is while the book readers feel Jon is getting short changed and rushed, listen to any game of thrones pod or take a visit to the nt GoT show thread and people who are strictly show watchers have been saying for the past two seasons that Jon is FINALLY getting the exposition and depth they want from him.

Can't please everybody I guess.

Wild theory I just thought of... Could Jon actually be the bastard child of Ned and some other chick?

In think that in the TV show, the war that began in season one is now completely finished. The War of the Five Kings is over and Westeros is supposed to be in brief period of peace. The military situation in the books and the show are very different. In the Books, the Iron Born are reloaded and raiding the Reach. The Brotherhood without Banners is still causing trouble and the Riverlands is a no go zone unless you have a small army. The Freys have three separate armies subduing Riverrun, Seaguard and backing Roose Bolton. The Redwyne Fleet and an army commanded by Loras Tyrell is besieging Dragon Stone. Randyll Tarly is pacifying the Crown Lands and the Eastern part of the River Lands.

I understand why the show runners do not want to cast a bunch of new actors to play the Reach Lords and the gaggle of Frey commanders. I can see why they do not want to spend money filming several battle scenes and sieges and fleets. However, I do not know why the writers could not have few passing mentions of the fact that much of Westeros is still very unstable and riven with conflict. Without strife and instability and uncertainty in the Country side, the show risks becoming a mere soap opera. Family squabbles, interpersonal conflicts and changes of the heart inside of the Castle are only truly important if those people in the Red Keep are living at the nerve center of a vast Continental War and political struggle.

How do you feel about Sansa taking the Jeyne Pool storyline?

It's almost certain that she's gonna catch some Ramsey s&m and welts.

A friend typed this on fb

OK. Why Sansa marrying Ramsey has my pants in a twist.
Reason 1. Sansa replacing Jenny Poole. If she is brutally raped by Ramsey as suggested and escapes with Theon. Her character arc is destroyed.
Reason 2.Killing Ramsey & or Roose Bolton, at the same time possibly giving away spoilers for TWOW as in what Littlefinger's ultimate plan is.
Reason 3. I can't see the benefit of Littlefinger giving up Sansa. He has no legal right to her in the show. everybody knows who she is. An alliance with the Boltons? Please!! Roose betrayed his King. Littlefinger pah.. Roose was concerned about Lord Baelish.. Take a look in the mirror son!

How do you feel about Sansa taking the Jeyne Pool storyline?

It's almost certain that she's gonna catch some Ramsey s&m and welts.

*randomly types letters to avoid spoilers for non book readers*

I've read more think pieces about this change than I care to admit. A few book readers are upset, to say the least, about Sansa's future in the hands of Ramsey. Some fear she'll be subject to worse abuse, specifically sexual. Seeing that her character was finally growing into herself and showing courage. This Ramsey debacle would be a fall from grace for Sansa. Similar to Jaime's character who rose to some sort of redemption in S3 only to rape his sister in front of their incest dead son in S4.

I personally think Sansa gets her revenge on the Boltons. How or when remains to be seen. I have several theories but I choose to keep those to myself and see how things play out.

They wouldn't do it though.

i think the whole point of the old lady being like... The North Remembers.
is straight foreseeing that nothing bad is goign to happen

They're about to let Sansa eat outchea.
and I hate that!!!!!

You sure... the show runners have straight up said Sansa is going to assume Jeyne's story line.

Jeyne was not eating. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Yeah I agree with @Tdogg2k, the "The North Remembers" & LF's "Avenge them" speaks volumes.

Viewers are clambering for vengeance for the Red Wedding. Who better than the once "stupid little girl".

You sure... the show runners have straight up said Sansa is going to assume Jeyne's story line.

Jeyne was not eating.  :lol:  

Jeyne was getting eaten by mr. theon thoooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

she wasn't abused though i don't think.
Ramsay couldn't because he had northern lords coming in and out

Dndjskjdjdjidjkdldlxkbfhfur
Lol there is this website my buddies ordered shirts from.. they say.. "jon snow dies "
Theyve been wearing them out lol

Last edited:
Dndjskjdjdjidjkdldlxkbfhfur
Lol there is this website my buddies ordered shirts from.. they say.. "jon snow dies "
Theyve been wearing them out lol

34892390-482390-8421-90453290582390852931-5823-9058239-58-90

That's ****** up :lol:

My girl Mel is gonna rez him though :pimp:

Last edited:
*randomly types letters to avoid spoilers for non-book readers*

I still think the "For The Watch" stabbing happens in episode 9 of this season as their ritual shock moment. I've read on a couple forums that it might be Olly who initially stabs Jon since he's getting a lot of screen time.

Episode 10 ends w/ Dany flying off with Drogon. No way D&D pass up on that "OMG" moment to end the season.

Back to Jon's imminent "death", if or when Mel resurrects him, does Jon go back to the NW or does he finally claim his Stark name since technically "his watch has ended” ?

I havr a fb friend who is a paid writer. She writes on theorues. She had an interesting one ill grab it later. Hard to copy and paste on my phone.

I think thise will happen in the show but in reverse order

*randomly types letters to avoid spoilers for non-book readers*

I still think the "For The Watch" stabbing happens in episode 9 of this season as their ritual shock moment. I've read on a couple forums that it might be Olly who initially stabs Jon since he's getting a lot of screen time.

Episode 10 ends w/ Dany flying off with Drogon. No way D&D pass up on that "OMG" moment to end the season.

Back to Jon's imminent "death", if or when Mel resurrects him, does Jon go back to the NW or does he finally claim his Stark name since technically "his watch has ended” ?

Man we've been waiting 4 years to hear this answer!

@Tdogg2k Post up.

@Legendairy Stinson LOL! Well I'm one of those that think we'll get S6 of GoT before TWoW, so we'll get the answer by next Spring, hopefully.

If I was a betting man, I would put my money on Jon becoming a Stark and reassembling House Stark.

I've been avoiding this thread because I thought you guys were talking about the leaked episodes

I don't really like what they have done with Brianne and Jamie

The LS stuff was my favorite part in the book so that's probably why

Sansa taking over the Jeyne Pool role |I

I'm only really liking Jon and the Imp's story this season

Danny is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz per usual

Last edited:
book reading people in he tv thread are mad because I said Robb Stark was Westeros's Biggie Smalls/Len Bias and might have been the greatest military commander the continent ever saw but his time was cut short.

jimmies were rustled.

I feel like TV talk shouldn't be in this thread...just my opinion.
that's not TV talk bruh bruh. Almost everything about Robb's accomplishments and failures and how it was portrayed on the show was canon.

And the convo in the TV thread largely revolved around the portrayal of him in the books and the "Robb vs. Jon" Player A vs. Player B debates NT loves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom