SportsBlackboard >Better than Myspace and Facebook

Well not better than myspace or facebook yet.

site url: www.sportsblackboard.com.

I've been working on a sports social network. It has live stats just like espn, videos like youtube, profiles like myspace and facebook, blogs, articles,and a creative design. We are launching the site in beta so we can get users/members opinions and reviews.

I know the majority of you love sports males and females. I've tried to hit every topic and will be adding all the sports later.

I need all of your positive/negative feedback and your honest opinion. If you love it let me know, if you hate it let me know. I want the users honestperspective on what you think I really want to know what all of you think and with your opinions I can make the necessary changes and ideas to conitnue tomake the site grow.

Check it out and post your reviews and definetely SIGN UP! www.sportsblackboard.com

You used a generic social website design, p diddy is playing, and code clutters up on firefox.

lulz

Site looks like it may have potential for a Sports like themed Myspace.

That is the point, right?

In the very beginning, yes.

It will have that concept, but some people I talk to are missing the sports side of it and the information we offer is the same as espn/foxsports. We have liveup to date stats and all the player and team information available.

Eventually with the use of statistical information from all the sports provided we will add on to the site and take it to another level so its not just amyspace for sports. Were going to be utilizing a lot more of that information and giving the users more free control and access to players/team stats when weadd some new features that are in the development phase. But for now we can go with myspace/facebook/youtube theme.

Did you see the news articles: http://www.sportsblackboard.net/multisport/story.asp?i=20080208222312380000101

box scores: http://www.sportsblackboard.net/nba/scoreboard.asp

good idea. best of luck.

my buddy is trying to get one going for extreme sports enthusiasts.

hmmm this sounds very interesting and it has potential

a little similar to realgm.com but i like the myspace/facebook concept

Originally Posted by jumpman247

You used a generic social website design, p diddy is playing, and code clutters up on firefox.

lulz

laugh.gif

damn a lot of potential for sure....there are a lot of things you need to clean up tho

yep there is a lot to clean up. i always thought building websites were easier but i found out its not real quick! Every lil thing needs to be done perfectly.One thing can mess up the whole site. The easiest thing to create was the forum because its a program. Everyting else is programs also but it needs to beconfigured to fit specifically in certain areas. Just getting the pictures and videos right took a week.

And y2kings fan if your friend who is building a website is interested, tell him to hit me up. I am getting all sports eventually boxing, soccer, nascar, golf,worldwide sports, xtreme, etc. So if he has an idea or wants to do a collabo and advertise on each others site tell him to hit me up at KBChosenOne8@aol.com. Ialready got some peole im going to do that with.

Nah im not a programmer. But Ive learned a lot since I started and soaking up information. Ive started to learn how to change certain things though.

I had developers in Santa Monica, Brazil, India work on the site.

I actually just made an account. I'm curious to see how this site pans out, because it does look promising.

Glad you signed up! We have so many ideas and more features to add that all we need is to get over the hurdle and find the initial people to sign up so theword starts spreading. Once we get that and some advertisement we can start to implement some of the ideas that we have.

Thanks for signing up and tell your friends!

it looks pretty cool.

just a few suggestions ---

the highlights section could do with some hightling. perhaps use x's and o's in place of those bullets.

make the links highlight when browsing over with the cursor.

reduce the font scale in the tracking section or expand it across the bottom.

perhaps take off the rap and leave some beats/instrumentals in its place.

looks like a god idea though. good luck

The name of the site may not attract that much females.

Sorry I didn't read what you said or look at the site though, I just feel so lazy.

Congrats on the site! I tried doing something pretty much exactly like this but my php skills are not so good and i can't afford a server yet.. butwhoever did this php is on point
pimp.gif

Congrats and goodluck.

I probably won't join but good too see you're working hard on it man. Keep at it, has good potential.

If any music should be added, perhaps the SportsCenter theme for the Home section, NFL on CBS and/or NFL on FOX theme song for the NFL section, and the MLB onFOX or Baseball Tonight jingle for the MLB Section.

Thanks for the feedback fellas!

bkmac that is a very good idea. I like the thoughts on the music for those sections. We were thinking about geting rid of the music period but we can choosethose type of songs or maybe the popular songs from each sports.

Thanks for the idea!

your site is pretty nice...have you thought about doing fantasy on there as well? are you going to put odds up also?

yes we will do fantasy for the sports when they start up again in august (football, basketball, hockey, etc.) we will also add a lot more sports by then. Andwe will put up odds.

Back
Top Bottom