Sprint Mogul -vs- Blackberry 8830

whats a better phone altogether,
advantage and disadvatages of the phones
and does the URANG promo code still work for the sero plan
thanks in advance

Sprint Mogul i have it u can do so much with it i love it fast internet wi fi bluetooth word powerpoint notepad and much more mogul FTW

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmooooooooooooooooooooooggggggggggggggggggggggggggguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

wrong. Mogul does have GPS, it just wasn't unlocked until the most recent rom. Get a Mogul. It's not even close. I'll post some pics of mine whileGPSing and stuff when I get home. My web server is down so I got to figure this new one out

is the mogul like the Verizon XV6800?

I've been looking at that but I dont know anyone that has it.

GPS on the Mogul just isn't fair.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

wrong. Mogul does have GPS, it just wasn't unlocked until the most recent rom. Get a Mogul. It's not even close. I'll post some pics of mine while GPSing and stuff when I get home. My web server is down so I got to figure this new one out

Info on activating this? Or do I have to pay?

BTW, for people who signed up for the SERO plan this year and got a Mogul, how much did your rebate check come back to?

Of course the Mogul. The ONLY downside I really dislike is I can't send picture msgs unless I know the person's e-mail
mad.gif
But I think that just has to do more with Sprint

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Of course the Mogul. The ONLY downside I really dislike is I can't send picture msgs unless I know the person's e-mail
mad.gif
But I think that just has to do more with Sprint

word dats the only thing i dont like.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

wrong. Mogul does have GPS, it just wasn't unlocked until the most recent rom. Get a Mogul. It's not even close. I'll post some pics of mine while GPSing and stuff when I get home. My web server is down so I got to figure this new one out

Info on activating this? Or do I have to pay?

BTW, for people who signed up for the SERO plan this year and got a Mogul, how much did your rebate check come back to?

Word, info
nerd.gif

Yall with Moguls haven't upgraded to the new Rom. Like I said, it unlocks the GPS "chip" already in the phone. Here's the link to get the newROM http://www.htc.com/us/FAQ_Detail.aspx?p_id=75&act=sd The stock GPS program,TeleNav is serious. It's only a few days free trial then you have to pay (by day or by month) to use it, but the free programs like Goggle Navigation andYahoo Maps work with the GPS too. Anyways, it shows you in live real time where you are as an arrow and talks you through your directions, if you miss a turn,it recalculates and continues from there. You could be somewhere and not know the address, turn on the GPS and it'll tell you where you are.

As for the PictureMail, there's a download that allows you to do it. I can find the link if you want, but I never use it. Usually you just get a textmessage that has a link in it to a picture mail. I got some random ones from somebody once.

It's a no contest when you consider that you have to pay for the Blackberry plan. My only complaints with my mogul are: it could use more RAM and I have ahard time performing basic tasks on it without the stylus. It takes me a long time to send a new text, call someone etc. It just seems that it takes a lot ofsteps to perform basic tasks. Maybe I just don't know how to use it...

Be sure to post them pics when you get a chance...

Here. This is one of the free programs, Google Navigation. It sucks compared to the others, but this is just me using the "Use GPS" feature to pickmy starting address and it pinpointing me. This one doesn't give the street address though. There are literally 100s of map/directions programs though withGPS functionality though, so it's just about finding a good free one or finding a good one free. This is nothing compared to Telenav
20az01s.jpg

i have both...

mogul > any blackberry

and that's saying something for a windows phone...

i hate windows mobile

well, i would choose the 8830 because i despise windows mobile. i hate having to calibrate the screen every so often, restarting my phone like a computerbecause it gets choppy or locks up, wasting time having to add a ton of programs or hacks just to make it work the way i want. just give me something thatworks. adding different programs and changing the skins is cool for a bit, but once you get over that phase it becomes just a regular pda that doesnt workright.

Yall with Moguls haven't upgraded to the new Rom. Like I said, it unlocks the GPS "chip" already in the phone. Here's the link to get the new ROM http://www.htc.com/us/FAQ_Detail.aspx?p_id=75&act=sd The stock GPS program, TeleNav is serious. It's only a few days free trial then you have to pay (by day or by month) to use it, but the free programs like Goggle Navigation and Yahoo Maps work with the GPS too. Anyways, it shows you in live real time where you are as an arrow and talks you through your directions, if you miss a turn, it recalculates and continues from there. You could be somewhere and not know the address, turn on the GPS and it'll tell you where you are.

As for the PictureMail, there's a download that allows you to do it. I can find the link if you want, but I never use it. Usually you just get a text message that has a link in it to a picture mail. I got some random ones from somebody once.

Updating the ROM now. Thanks.

Yall with Moguls haven't upgraded to the new Rom. Like I said, it unlocks the GPS "chip" already in the phone. Here's the link to get the new ROM http://www.htc.com/us/FAQ_Detail.aspx?p_id=75&act=sd The stock GPS program, TeleNav is serious. It's only a few days free trial then you have to pay (by day or by month) to use it, but the free programs like Goggle Navigation and Yahoo Maps work with the GPS too. Anyways, it shows you in live real time where you are as an arrow and talks you through your directions, if you miss a turn, it recalculates and continues from there. You could be somewhere and not know the address, turn on the GPS and it'll tell you where you are.

As for the PictureMail, there's a download that allows you to do it. I can find the link if you want, but I never use it. Usually you just get a text message that has a link in it to a picture mail. I got some random ones from somebody once.

is there something i can download to watch videos on youtube?

Back
Top Bottom