Stanford swimmer sentenced to 6 months for rape.

My fiancee is a lawyer and she always says of the '94-'95 OJ Trial, that he got a truly fair trial and the outrage should be that few defendants get a fair trial. She is saying similar things about this case.

California Prisons are brutal and counter productive to their stated goal of rehabilitation. Furthermore, we should not rely so heavily on the criminal justice system and incarceration to solve social problems, even the problem of people committing violent crimes. The outrage should be that only wealthy, white and well connected people seem to get that reasonable set of sentiments applied when they are sentenced.

I've been drunk...REALLY DRUNK.....around drunk women.

and that has never crossed my mind.

you gotta be a special kind of ******* to have that mindset sober or not.

6 months is nothing.

he won.

He only got 6 months cuz the judge felt jail would do him harm. Man. :lol: :smh: White privilege is something else.

Where's the victims white privilege ?

Don't matter what the victim is. White men always get special treatment when they do crime.

nah, i aint with that either...this kinda thinking is what led to da Duke Lacross fraud.

Well difference here is he was caught in the act AND he still got a pass.

I don't know, he might have a hard time getting a job as a sex offender. He's branded for life.

im not even touching that argument lol.

but like i said, as a man that has been drunk around drunk women.......that mindset is only reserved for certain types of individuals.

maybe he was young and stupid, i mean we all do stupid things when were young......but how many of us have done things that stupid when we were young.

very few.

the fact that he doest acknowledge what it is only adds to disappointment of the situation.

Yea him blaming it on the drinking and not saying he violated this lady is sickening. 3 felonies = 6 months, how Sway?

Ninjahood's pro-vigilante response regarding teaching his daughter to not place herself in that situation was very bold, and I'm sure most people won't respect it.
In many non-sexual, non-violent situations, the victim is partially blamed for not being responsible/vigilante.

A few Scenarios:
A person has to run into the mall real quick, so he leaves his car running. It's HIS property, people KNOW that stealing is wrong, but someone steals it anyway. I'm quite sure that you'll have people saying that "he should've known someone would steal it" or "common sense should've told him that he shouldn't leave his car running" . The theif is 100% wrong in this situation, however, no one brings up the term "victim blaming".

Scenario 2
A mother is in Burger King with her infant child, who's in a high chair. The baby knocks his belongings off of the table, and makes a mess. The mom runs to get some napkins and rinses off the pacifier. She comes back, and the baby has been kidnapped. "she should've kept an eye on her baby", "she's a negligent mother" Kidnappers are 100% at fault, however, no one brings up "victim blaming".

In a situation where a woman dresses provocatively, drinks excessively, behaves in a sexually suggestive manner, and she ends up sexually assaulted, and due to her excessive alcohol consumption, can't remember details, that's when the term "Victim blaming" is used most.

LET ME BE CLEAR. WOMEN HAVE 100% RIGHT TO DRESS, ACT AND BEHAVE HOWEVER THEY WANT TO AND IT'S NOT 'ASKING FOR IT', and at the same time, it's not protecting her from 'it' either. If a woman behaves in this manner, sexual assault is more likely. So what's wrong with taking necessary procedures to be more vigilante?

We do it in other areas of life: Even though I have the right to leave my door wide open, I choose to lock it because I'm aware of what could happen if I go to sleep with my door open.

I have the right to leave my car running in the parking lot, but I choose not to because I know what could happen.

Just because you have a right to do something doesn't mean that you won't get wronged.

Our society PROTECTS women, but doesn't necessarily RESPECT women, if that makes any sense.

Last edited:
6 months for 3 felonies, DA was tryna give me 30 days off a misdemeanor with no evidence, I'll forever hate the system :smh:

Last edited:
Ninjahood's pro-vigilante response regarding teaching his daughter to not place herself in that situation was very bold, and I'm sure most people won't respect it.
In many non-sexual, non-violent situations, the victim is partially blamed for not being responsible/vigilante.

A few Scenarios:
A person has to run into the mall real quick, so he leaves his car running. It's HIS property, people KNOW that stealing is wrong, but someone steals it anyway. I'm quite sure that you'll have people saying that "he should've known someone would steal it" or "common sense should've told him that he shouldn't leave his car running" . The theif is 100% wrong in this situation, however, no one brings up the term "victim blaming".

Scenario 2
A mother is in Burger King with her infant child, who's in a high chair. The baby knocks his belongings off of the table, and makes a mess. The mom runs to get some napkins and rinses off the pacifier. She comes back, and the baby has been kidnapped. "she should've kept an eye on her baby", "she's a negligent mother" Kidnappers are 100% at fault, however, no one brings up "victim blaming".

In a situation where a woman dresses provocatively, drinks excessively, behaves in a sexually suggestive manner, and she ends up sexually assaulted, and due to her excessive alcohol consumption, can't remember details, that's when the term "Victim blaming" is used most.

LET ME BE CLEAR. WOMEN HAVE 100% RIGHT TO DRESS, ACT AND BEHAVE HOWEVER THEY WANT TO AND IT'S NOT 'ASKING FOR IT', and at the same time, it's not protecting her from 'it' either. If a woman behaves in this manner, sexual assault is more likely. So what's wrong with taking necessary procedures to be more vigilante?

We do it in other areas of life: Even though I have the right to leave my door wide open, I choose to lock it because I'm aware of what could happen if I go to sleep with my door open.

I have the right to leave my car running in the parking lot, but I choose not to because I know what could happen.

Just because you have a right to do something doesn't mean that you won't get wronged.

Our society PROTECTS women, but doesn't necessarily RESPECT women, if that makes any sense.

The problem is our society long has focused on "How can women protect themselves from getting raped?" versus "What can we do to teach our men not to rape?"

Of course she made some very questionable decisions. She wasn't smart that night. But if guys like Brock Turner didn't exist she wouldn't have been raped.

Women SHOULD be able to get drunk like men do without having to worry about being raped. If all guys held each other accountable and we taught everyone to respect women things could be a lot different.

I feel sorry for your mother and daughter(s). God forbid you have any. You come up with these foolish scenarios (to compare to rape of all things) that hold no significance.

As you said in your contradiction women are free to dress as they please. "Women behaving in a sexual manner" DOES NOT lead to more sexual assualts. I'd like to see your facts on that. Tell that to the women in other countries dressed in full religious garb who are raped. Your way of thinking contributes to societies victim blaming. It's dangerous. We as men don't have to dress accordingly or even worry about being sexually assaulted, while intoxicated for that matter.

I'm all for taking precautions. But this "you shouldn't do XYZ or else blah blah" while discussing rape, needs to end.

View media item 2060334

Last edited:
The problem is our society long has focused on "How can women protect themselves from getting raped?" versus "What can we do to teach our men not to rape?"

Of course she made some very questionable decisions. She wasn't smart that night. But if guys like Brock Turner didn't exist she wouldn't have been raped.

Women SHOULD be able to get drunk like men do without having to worry about being raped. If all guys held each other accountable and we taught everyone to respect women things could be a lot different.

This is basically all it comes down to.

Another thing, think back to the last 20 times you've had sex. How was consent expressed? Did both parties verbally say 'i want to have sex with you'? If so, was there alcohol involved? At what part are you actually' too drunk'.

I don't think I've ever said those words, nor has she, and I guaran-damn-tee she never mentioned the word rape afterwards... Even if alcohol was involved.

There are too many grey areas when alcohol is involved.
Bro, if you've been drinking enough then driving will get you in trouble with the law even if you're coherent. Why? Because alcohol impairs your judgment. Just because it's not a no doesn't mean it's a yes, and if alcohol is involved even yes doesn't mean yes.

The police officer will give you a sobriety test, will he not? If you resist, you'll likely go to jail. What sobriety tests take place in parties/bedrooms? Breathalizers? Standing on one foot?

To those making the point that men should be taught not to rape, please tell me what methods you have in mind, I'm eager to know what you think will help this matter.

In my opinion, men need to be taught that if he feels she's at least tipsy, forcing the issue of sex is not a good idea if it's someone that you're not familiar with.

A lot of time, it's on a case by case basis. I'm sure there are millions of women that got drunk with guys and intended on having sex with him without formally saying "let's have sex". Would you all consider that rape? When sex was her intent, but her consent was not verbalized?

I feel like a lot of you aren't thinking how real-life scenarios go. Again, I'm NOT referring to the case that this post is regarding. When passing out occurs, that's a totally different convo.

Rape is wrong. No question about it. If it's rape, the culprit is at fault.

What's wrong with both parties being taught what can be done to prevent it?

Some rape is unavoidable. That is tragic. I'm speaking on behalf of the scenarios that can be avoided. What can a woman do to protect herself and make herself less of a target. Vigilance.

Last edited:
im not even touching that argument lol.

but like i said, as a man that has been drunk around drunk women.......that mindset is only reserved for certain types of individuals.

maybe he was young and stupid, i mean we all do stupid things when were young......but how many of us have done things that stupid when we were young.

very few.

the fact that he doest acknowledge what it is only adds to disappointment of the situation.
I agree. I used to get super drunk and have hung out with females that have passed out drunk. It never crossed my mind to take advantage of them. You have to be a sick person to be a rapist especially a rapist who preys on intoxicated women.

A lot of time, it's on a case by case basis. I'm sure there are millions of women that got drunk with guys and intended on having sex with him without formally saying "let's have sex". Would you all consider that rape? When sex was her intent, but her consent was not verbalized?

"Some rape is unwarranted"

Wtf ? :smh:

The more you post the more unintelligent and contradictory you get. Smash your keyboard.

id be more mad at my daughter for being in da position to be violated.

You would be mad at your daughter for gettin raped??

d29c51fc_55429195.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom