Stanford swimmer sentenced to 6 months for rape.

Am I reading this wrong, they found this guy on top of this girl, behind a dumpster?

My original image of the scene was: she was passed out outside, he wasn't very drunk, he walked outside, took her behind the dumpster and had his way with her. After reading HER letter, I have a more detailed view of the situation. They were dancing together (so she was standing up at some point of there interaction) she even mentioned that it may have been sexual grinding, she said that there was some kissing and she was told that she was touching his back. To me that sounds like there a some amount of flirting going on. Let's say she's a functional drunk (meaning she doesn't "appear" to be anything beyond tipsy) the guy was drunk himself, they're grinding on each other while making out, they agree to go to the back,she consents, they start smashing, her alcohol kicks in, she falls asleep, the cyclers show up.

Not saying this is the case, but there is no way to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it didn't happen.

No one was around when they began, so she could've very well consented and did not remember, then passed out during the act.

Anything aside from indisputable video evidence; witnesses seeing what happened from beginning to end; there being clear signs that she resisted (people hearing her scream 'no' /scratch or bite marks).

She could have very well been passed out when he began having sex with her, but she can't prove it, thus the light sentence. I AM NOT SAYING THAT I AGREE WITH THE SENTENCING.

I'm telling you, these light sentences is the courts'way of holding these women accountable for getting blacked out drunk.
If that was the reasoning behind the short sentence then the judge should have said that. But he chose to say prison would have too much of an impact on him or something. That's why people are p****d. Plus the father is a huge d bag.

Last edited:
I agree 100%. The judges reasoning sounds like BS. Regardless of he said or not, I think my theory is their line of reasoning.

To the dude that asked. I don't see how my age is relevant.

Hopefully his son gets raped in prison and the dad will write a letter saying don't punish the guy because it would make his prison stay more inconvenient than it already is.
roll.gif

100% serious question, if a person is able to stand up straight & speak clearly after they've been drinking, what determines if this verbal consent is valid or not? Not referencing this case specifically, there's a large grey area with these situations. I'm sure there are stories where the girl actually did consent, regretted it and claimed rape because she was drinking.

Is there a blood alcohol limit for the ability to consent? I'm sure there are terms that are used such as "based on your reasonable judgement, did the person appear drunk?" which is totally subjective. What's to determine if someone 'looks drunk?'. My perception of drunk may differ from yours.

I'm a moderate drinker and I typically handle myself well, but there were a couple occasions where I legit did not remember what was going on. My friends were recording me laughing and joking with strangers, I was standing upright, speaking clearly and correctly, but I 100% DID NOT REMEMBER THAT MOMENT. I can not stress this point enough. It was surreal when I was watching it,like some twisted deja vu/dream. I collapsed several times after we left and my friends were kind enough to document it all. Worst night/day of my life.

Now if I've been that way myself and know the feeling, I'm quite sure that a lot of women were in a similar state, appeared to be moderately drunk, consented to sex and when they fully sober up, don't recall consenting.

Many people feel that women get the short end of the stick cases like this, and I whole-heartedly feel like the unspoken stance that the legal system takes is 'what happened was wrong, but you should not have drank that much and been in that situation.' and I lowkey think that's their way of discouraging other women from drinking to excess and putting themselves in a similar situation by sending a message of "we don't really know what happened. We kinda believe you because guys are horn balls, so we're going to slap him on the wrist."

Another question, it is possible for woman to rape a man, so if both parties are on the same level of intoxication, should both parties be charged with rape? This is where males get the short end of the stick, we're seen as the aggressor 99.9% of the time.

So in short, regardless of the situation the guy is usually put at fault, and regardless of the situation, the girl's claim is usually trivialized.
I agree 100%. The judges reasoning sounds like BS. Regardless of he said or not, I think my theory is their line of reasoning.

To the dude that asked. I don't see how my age is relevant.

I'm just wondering cause your asking questions that are just basic knowledge. Can a man be raped by a woman? Like really? Of course they can. And a lot of this other stuff is common sense.

Last edited:
Damb.. How desperate can you get? Taking advantage of a woman passed out.

I hope the guy gets pulverized in jail over and over again and be turned into a woman.

hahahahhahhah.

@mamba mvp, re-read my statement. The 'woman raping a man' portion was not a question, that was a declarative statement.

Last edited:
He should have got 5-10 years minimum.

Jail would ruin his life huh... what about everyone else that got hit with crimes their first time was it also looked at as would jail ruin their life.

Terrible. Dad is a scumbag too for writing that letter.

Yes he is! As a parent I would never allow my child to commit such a crime and get off. People need to be held accountable for their actions. When these teens do dirt and call on mommy and daddy to get them out of it, it doesn't help them. All it does is create adults who think they can do whatever they want and get away with it.

What if that father's wife or other female he cares about gets raped? He gonna ask sympathy for the rapist then? People are disgusting.

Exactly! He not gonna give a **** if the rapist is having a hard time, or not eating . He will want that person buried under the jail.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/broc...6e4b0b60682dea59c?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

His friend is trippin. This is terrible. I hope the victim can heal and move forward, she took a huge step by being able to read that letter aloud, props to her

Shorty needs a reality check in the worst way.

Why is it white privilege if both the attacker and victim are both white? Isn't it more about the above (drunkenness leads to a grey area, meaning maybe she consented but doesn't recall so the punishment is lenient)?

White privilege is for the attacker only getting 6 months b/c of his affiliations. If it were Tyrone, Abdul, or Pedro, nobody would give a **** about how their life is affected by the accusations. They wouldn't care if they cant eat, or if they dont smile anymore. Honestly, they would wish and hope they starved to death.

My original image of the scene was: she was passed out outside, he wasn't very drunk, he walked outside, took her behind the dumpster and had his way with her. After reading HER letter, I have a more detailed view of the situation. They were dancing together (so she was standing up at some point of there interaction) she even mentioned that it may have been sexual grinding, she said that there was some kissing and she was told that she was touching his back. To me that sounds like there a some amount of flirting going on. Let's say she's a functional drunk (meaning she doesn't "appear" to be anything beyond tipsy) the guy was drunk himself, they're grinding on each other while making out, they agree to go to the back,she consents, they start smashing, her alcohol kicks in, she falls asleep, the cyclers show up.

Not saying this is the case, but there is no way to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it didn't happen.

No one was around when they began, so she could've very well consented and did not remember, then passed out during the act.

Anything aside from indisputable video evidence; witnesses seeing what happened from beginning to end; there being clear signs that she resisted (people hearing her scream 'no' /scratch or bite marks).

She could have very well been passed out when he began having sex with her, but she can't prove it, thus the light sentence. I AM NOT SAYING THAT I AGREE WITH THE SENTENCING.

I'm telling you, these light sentences is the courts'way of holding these women accountable for getting blacked out drunk.

Regardless of what happened prior to him being caught, the fact that she was unconscious while he was still penetrating her is the problem. If she said yes I want you to take me any how you want. The moment shorty fell out, he should have stopped. Being drunk isn't an excuse to get away with that kind of ****. He knew what he was doing while he was doing it. He saw she wasn't alert, and he still kept at it.

What kind of a person does that? What kind of man does that to a woman? Then his friends and family crying for him like he is the victim. How about we sedate him and let Fleece Johnson have 20 minutes of fun with him. I wonder how his pops would feel about it then.

Last edited:
Terrible. Dad is a scumbag too for writing that letter.

Yes he is! As a parent I would never allow my child to commit such a crime and get off. People need to be held accountable for their actions. When these teens do dirt and call on mommy and daddy to get them out of it, it doesn't help them. All it does is create adults who think they can do whatever they want and get away with it.

What if that father's wife or other female he cares about gets raped? He gonna ask sympathy for the rapist then? People are disgusting.

Exactly! He not gonna give a **** if the rapist is having a hard time, or not eating . He will want that person buried under the jail.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/broc...6e4b0b60682dea59c?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

His friend is trippin. This is terrible. I hope the victim can heal and move forward, she took a huge step by being able to read that letter aloud, props to her

Shorty needs a reality check in the worst way.

Why is it white privilege if both the attacker and victim are both white? Isn't it more about the above (drunkenness leads to a grey area, meaning maybe she consented but doesn't recall so the punishment is lenient)?

White privilege is for the attacker only getting 6 months b/c of his affiliations. If it were Tyrone, Abdul, or Pedro, nobody would give a **** about how their life is affected by the accusations. They wouldn't care if they cant eat, or if they dont smile anymore. Honestly, they would wish and hope they starved to death.

Regardless of what happened prior to him being caught, the fact that she was unconscious while he was still penetrating her is the problem. If she said yes I want you to take me any how you want. The moment shorty fell out, he should have stopped. Being drunk isn't an excuse to get away with that kind of ****. He knew what he was doing while he was doing it. He saw she wasn't alert, and he still kept at it.

What kind of a person does that? What kind of man does that to a woman? Then his friends and family crying for him like he is the victim. How about we sedate him and let Fleece Johnson have 20 minutes of fun with him. I wonder how his pops would feel about it then.

He knew exactly what he was doing was wrong that's why he was trying to run away but the Swedes stopped him.

It's irrelevant that she consented prior if she ends up unconscious, you have to stop right there. Even if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt for not recognizing that she was a functional drunk and couldn't truly consent, he is still going to be able to tell that she's unconsciousness.

This is what I believe happened. They were flirting as they were both drunk. She willingly left the party with him to go to his dorm. She continued to deteriorate and couldn't make it all the way there. Because he was going to have sex one way or another that night he decides to rape her. No way in hell did she consent to sexual activities behind a dumpster.

Another thing, think back to the last 20 times you've had sex. How was consent expressed? Did both parties verbally say 'i want to have sex with you'? If so, was there alcohol involved? At what part are you actually' too drunk'.

I don't think I've ever said those words, nor has she, and I guaran-damn-tee she never mentioned the word rape afterwards... Even if alcohol was involved.

There are too many grey areas when alcohol is involved.

Another thing, think back to the last 20 times you've had sex. How was consent expressed? Did both parties verbally say 'i want to have sex with you'? If so, was there alcohol involved? At what part are you actually' too drunk'.

I don't think I've ever said those words, nor has she, and I guaran-damn-tee she never mentioned the word rape afterwards... Even if alcohol was involved.

There are too many grey areas when alcohol is involved.

I agree there are gray areas with alcohol and consent in general.

This may have started as one of those times but it ended as clear sexual assault. An unconscious person is no longer able to consent. And I call BS on him not knowing she was unconscious.

Every time rape is mentioned on NT, there are people who jump through hoops to try and make it seem as if the victim was compliant or somehow should share the blame

I don't get it

Every time rape is mentioned on NT, there are people who jump through hoops to try and make it seem as if the victim was compliant or somehow should share the blame

I don't get it

i bet real life they have molested a family member

Rape is a heinous crime that deserves ansolutely zero sympathy or justifications.
If those people's mother or sister got raped I don't think they'd be looking for justifications as to how the rape could be "understandable".

I agree there are gray areas with alcohol and consent in general.

This may have started as one of those times but it ended as clear sexual assault. An unconscious person is no longer able to consent. And I call BS on him not knowing she was unconscious.
Yeah, he had to know.

Doing his business on her behind a dumpster. Someone catching him and then making the decision to try and run away? 

Nah man, you knew what you were doing.

Back
Top Bottom