STAR TREK: DISCOVERY-NEW TV Series - Renewed for a 2nd Season - Picard

Maybe unpopular but I dislike all mirror universe episodes.

All these new CBS Treks been mid to bad to me though. Picard being the worst.

was underwhelmed by picard season 1 so haven't bothered with s2.

caught ep1 of strange new worlds. not super blown away but not mad. i'll keep watching for now.

First two episodes of S2 Picard are really good. Then things get messy and drawn out way too long in the middle. Ending ain't bad though.

So far Strange New Worlds is looking good.

Started a few episodes of Strange New World's, I'm surprised it's not a bad start. Didn't watch because I figured how much can you do knowing how it ends for the lead. Plus Kurtzman.

Strange New Worlds is actually decent. Which is weird because it's from the same people bungling up everything else (Except Lower Decks).

Biggest problem with those other shows is they keep trying to stretch out one plot over 10 - 12 episodes.

Hopefully they don't do that with Discovery next season.

Tryna watch S4 of Discovery but dunno why, but i'm annoyed by the Doctor and everything surrounding him. It's like they stop the episode at least 3 times each episode to have this over exaggerated, doting emotional moment, with dramatic music playing with the Doctor and anyone he interacts with. Whatever it is never ends up being that serious.

Actually that's the whole Discovery for me now, these grand concepts and exaggerated build ups to these meh resolutions. Star Trek Blueballs.

I like how they handled the aliens (10c) in Discovery. I didn't think S4 was bad, but like Picard, there's too much fluff in the middle.

Hopefully they'll do some actual discovering in S5. They're way in the future. There's bound to be plenty of stories they can get out of that alone.

when did the orville get big budget production? 3rd season is slick.
3rd season! They got it together for the second season and then the money followed.

I’ve been enjoying it - it’s an interesting homage to Star Trek obviously but they’ve also discussed issues with relationships etc that ST just pretends don’t happen.

Also, Commander Kelly…

I've been watching The Original Series here lately. I have to say when people complain about new Star Trek being too dark and depressing, I'm not sure how long it's been since they watched TOS. There's an attempted sexual assault on a crew member, a mutiny (even if it was for good reasons), and they still had the death penalty back then just to name a few things. Not to mention what they did to Captain Pike, although he did get somewhat of a happy ending.

It wasn't all a warm and fuzzy love fest like I hear some people talk about.

3rd season! They got it together for the second season and then the money followed.

I’ve been enjoying it - it’s an interesting homage to Star Trek obviously but they’ve also discussed issues with relationships etc that ST just pretends don’t happen.

Also, Commander Kelly…
Yeah 3rd season is very good, addressed every issue I've had with it from the inconsistent tone down to Seth MacFarlane's stupid face and acting. He's in the stories so little it's like he's going to die.

I used to watch the original series all the time when it aired reruns on the G4 channel.

Back
Top Bottom