STAR TREK: DISCOVERY-NEW TV Series - Renewed for a 2nd Season - Picard

Was a little let down when the big bad were revealed to be
the Borg again

I thought it was more interesting with another group of legacy villains appearing to be the main antagonist instead. I saw where the running time for ep 10 is only 46 minutes. I hope they can wrap everything up really well in that amount of time.

I kind of always felt like it would end up back with them to be honest…That was THE major villain in Picard’s life…To have them be the cause of his death, if we’re being technical about it that is, it just makes sense that he’d end his run facing them…

That all being said, they definitely should’ve done this type of story in season 1 then followed the reunited Enterprise D crew over the two following seasons…Sad that it took three seasons for them to find their footing and now it’s ending 🤷‍♂️

Yeah the Nostalgia got me with Picard S3. Not perfect but a well told story, much better than any season before. Kinda feels like they're flubbing the big bad a little bit let's see where it goes.

Finished Picard S3. It's very clear Terry Matalas hated Picard season 2 as much as some of the fans did. That's all i got to say :lol:

mother f'in Q is back

Was not expecting that.

Watching season 3 of Discovery they really out here “stunning” folks after they took the ship. Writers really out here fumbling the last part of this season. These people really that stupid to think because you did a nice thing they won’t still do something evil.

Find the child thread dragging and kind of a poor excuse to tie up part of the crew. Probably about to give Yellowstone a shot.

Excellent read and interview with Terry Matalas…This should be the blueprint for anybody who argues against putting people who love these types of franchises in charge…Every studio overseeing these big IP’a should take note…This guy was given a shoestring budget to get the final season of a series that EVERYONE had written off, and hit a home run…

Strange New Worlds season 2 is out.

EP 1 - A little shaky. Fight scene was way over the top and more than a little unrealistic for Star Trek. Still decent overall.

EP 2 - Great episode. The fact that it'll make any anti woke warrior want to kill themselves makes it even better. No idea why people like that were watching Star Trek to begin with.

Haven't seen it yet but every sci-fi is about a diversity of cultures and new ideas. Don't know what people who hate that stuff see when they watch.

Was wondering where Pikes lady was from, she looked familiar. Realized she was Wynonna Earp.

p12633058_b_v13_ab.jpg

I put voyager on in the background while I work and it's not as bad as I previously thought. Janeway is bad ***, Kes voice is so damn soothing, need her to do meditation clips. Thought i'd get used to Seven's bodysuit but every now and then I still go "damn". Used to think they did Harry Kim dirty with leaving him an ensign the whole time while they promoted terrorists and giving him less to do, but man rewatching it, his acting is complete ***. Especially opposite Janeway putting on a Sheakespearian performance at times.

I’ve been thinking about giving Voyager a rewatch since Picard. Mainly cause of the Borg storyline and I really do remember Janeway being a badass. Too funny they left Harry Kim an Ensign the entire show. He gotta be the inspiration for Lower Decks haha.

Speaking of that, anyone been watching that? Need to start the new season still.

Lol it would have been hard to promote folks out there. Somebody had to remain on the lower decks. I haven’t caught this season of lower decks but the show is fire!

Tom Paris got demoted to ensign if I remember right lol.

I rewatched Voyager after rewatching DS9 and Voyager’s one off episode style really hurt it. Outside of the multi part episodes, each episode was like its own season.

My thoughts are as follows

1. Janeway is such a great captain (her and Sisco are my GOATS) She had the perfect balance to get them through the tough situations.

2. That Naomi Wildman kid was mad annoying and a waste of a character.

3. There were episodes that won’t fly today. Not going to spoil it but one involved 7 and the other involved a form of colorism and self hate. Not to mention hyping up Chacotay’s Native American heritage only to find out that the actor wasn’t even Native American. PATHETIC

4. Voyager was such an Amazing ship with all the mods. I wonder if StarFleet used some of the tech for future ships.

5. Reg Barclay is a sicko. A useful sicko but still.

6. StarFleet provides no help to Voyager if we’re honest.

7. I hated Ransom as a kid but realize there are shades of gray in what he and his crew did.

8. Harry Kim was a certified clown and should’ve been demoted for the number of times he struck out with da ladies.

9. Neelix is a real one. His contributions were incredibly underrated. He kept those ungrateful scums fed with good nutritious food that they constantly ragged on and said was “edible today” too many times to count.

10. 7 was the real MVP. I won’t spoil it but she was a game changer for their journey.

11. Tom Paris was classic failing up type of dude. SCUMBAG THROUGH AND THROUGH

Did the free trial of paramount+ so I could finish Picard season 2 and then 3. Wasn’t a fan of season 3. Maybe if I didn’t watch season 2 then I would’ve liked 3 because 3 seemed like it didn’t connect with 2 at all.

Funny I'm just noticing how much Star Trek encourages sex work. From how giddy they are about Risa to encouraging it in the holosuites.

Would be dope if the Star Trek Origin movie is the Kelvin timeline’s version of Enterprise. They said things changed after dude time traveled and changed things but they could still make things different in the past cuz of reasons.

Would be dope to see another version of Archer and a Bakula cameo.

I'm hopeful it will cover the Romulan War. Still kinda disappointed it's yet ANOTHER prequel type flick though.

Mad about them canceling Lower Decks too...

Back
Top Bottom