STAR TREK: DISCOVERY-NEW TV Series - Renewed for a 2nd Season - Picard

Pretty ehh finale of the The Orville but I guess they're following the format of the penultimate episode being lit but the finale being things settling down. Guess I'll just do space shows here.

I'll give it credit though, it's the 1st time the "no interference" policy of these advanced space traveling societies to backwards ones. Like if starfleet showed up today it would be taken advantage of by the wealthy and our capitalist nature and ruined to the point it wouldn't exist as we know it. We're just not ready for that level of peace. Still major plot holes with that policy though, I just understand it a bit more and hate it a bit less.

Damn, that boy Pike was straight up violating the prime directive in ep1 of Strange New Worlds.

That Peanut Hamper episode of Lower Decks is hilarious.
They ended the season nicely as well. Had some old Star Trek vibes to it plot wise.

Peanut Hamper actually had me fooled :lol: Whoever voices it has the perfect annoying voice.

Edit

Ofcourse its Lindsay from You're the Worst.

Star Trek Prodigy S1 was pretty good. Aimed at a younger audience, but competent storytelling. That and Strange New Worlds are the best of new Trek.

DAMN, my boy just put me on this show. Binge watching the show now, I just watched the Mirror, Mirror episode. Writers hitting on all cylinders with this first season. Klingons are in the show, but so much more going on that they don't have to be in every episode.

It's too bad The Original Series gets worse the longer it goes on. Just wait till the space hippie episode. It's enough to make anyone want to put a gun in their mouth.

On the bright side, Picard S3 has been killing it. Might actually surpass Strange New Worlds for the best new Trek.

I'm skeptical Picard S3 just got good writing all of a sudden but I hear good things. Wouldn't mind being wrong.

I'm skeptical Picard S3 just got good writing all of a sudden but I hear good things. Wouldn't mind being wrong.

I mean it’s totally TNG nostalgia but it’s been great fun.

It’s a fascinating concept too - guy who was the man dealing with being old and not in charge - and sort of relitigating what he did when he was younger. Definitely enjoying it.

Really enjoying Picard S3! Some of the best new Trek in a long time. Might have to stay off social media the next days to avoid spoiler, but who does everyone think the big bad is? :nerd:

I think Locutus and the Borg

Really enjoying Picard S3! Some of the best new Trek in a long time. Might have to stay off social media the next days to avoid spoiler, but who does everyone think the big bad is? :nerd:

I think Locutus and the Borg

Makes sense. That was always the best enemy.

Was talking about TOS.

Discovery is a decent show in my opinion.
First two seasons I think were above decent, on third season now so unsure. I was watching Picard but got busy with school so definitely going to pick that back up.

First two seasons I think were above decent, on third season now so unsure. I was watching Picard but got busy with school so definitely going to pick that back up.

It got a bit lost in season 2 but season 3 has been great.

That episode was great. I’m just a bit gutted this is nearly over - really this is what should have happened half way through the first season and then they could have had a big adventure. I need to watch it again but those first 2 seasons didn’t really develop anything as far as I can remember - everyone just wanted to see them all
on the bridge of the Enterprise-D. It’s a shame that this final battle/whatever will just be a single episode - it could have been a lot more with all the history.

Back
Top Bottom