Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
shes rocking Asics and they aint a RF collab?

sick.gif
Who do u think hooked her up with them gel cumulus 16s!!!!!!!!!! This guy!!!!! 
wink.gif

What if Rey isn't anyone's "daughter" and was a product of the Force like Anikan?....
it would be very dumb, just like anakin's backstory 
Anakins backstory wasn't dumb because he naturally had the force.

It was dumb because it was just dumb
laugh.gif
it was just a classic example of the prequels being lazy and telling you stuff rather than showing it

"he has more midiclorians than yoda"

proceeds to never look anything more than an average jedi on screen for the rest of the prequels

its like they didnt know how to show how powerful he was because everyone's fighting styles are the same highly choreographed foolishness, so they just imply it in exposition 

What if Rey isn't anyone's "daughter" and was a product of the Force like Anikan?....

It was dumb because it was just dumb :lol:
it was just a classic example of the prequels being lazy and telling you stuff rather than showing it

proceeds to never look anything more than an average jedi on screen for the rest of the prequels

its like they didnt know how to show how powerful he was because everyone's fighting styles are the same highly choreographed foolishness, so they just imply it in exposition 

They got lazy on the story and execution of emotion and just like you said, showing power instead of just explaining everything.

They spent all the time and resources on CGI and all the newest technologies/special effects for 1999

Same reason why Spiderman sucked.

TBH the Matrix is the only film from the early 2000's to pull it all off.

It was dumb because it was just dumb
laugh.gif

They got lazy on the story and execution of emotion and just like you said, showing power instead of just explaining everything.

They spent all the time and resources on CGI and all the newest technologies/special effects for 1999

it came out 5 years earlier but jurassic park was amazing with what it did with CGI 

it would be such great symbolism if kylo has a change of heart and turns good again, basically the opposite of what happened to vader, and gets to use anakin's lightsaber from when he was good

its like poetry... 

Man seriously the bad guys look way top heavy for episode 8.

You still got phasma kylo snoke hux the knights of ren, rumored benicio del toro baddie....

Good guys just rey. Han dead. Finn out of commission. Luke retired.

Chewie and rey against the world

Whats poe gonna do? Run the knights of ren over with an xwing ala a halo banshee?

Nien numb and ackbar need to step the hell up in the next one!

it would be such great symbolism if kylo has a change of heart and turns good again, basically the opposite of what happened to vader, and gets to use anakin's lightsaber from when he was good

its like poetry... 

Fans not gonna forgive him for killing the most beloved character ever unless luke find a way to bring him back from the dead or they start handing out charter memberships to the force ghost club

Last edited:

It was dumb because it was just dumb :lol:

it came out 5 years earlier but jurassic park was amazing with what it did with CGI 

I think with Jurassic it was a case of it being a really good story, really good characters, and really good plot that drew you in. And then the CGI was like, the mountain of icing on the cake.

I don't even want to get into how I think Spielberg is a better director than Lucas :lol: but aside from that Jurassic IS Star Wars A New Hope. Its pushing story, its pushing characters, its pushing plot, its pushing the overall environment and the main character of the movie, the park. Star Wars' main character was space. That was the "it" factor of the movie. This whole thing is taking place in space on this grand scale in the 70's, and it took you to a place that you can't physically reach. Its taking you into this dream world, new planets, new species all around you. Jurassic took you and opened your imagination, a place where we can be with dinosaurs. The story, the concept, the plot, the feeling, the vibes, those are the main characters of the film.

Episodes 1-3 didn't give you anything to suck you in. It damn sure wasn't the acting :lol:, it wasn't really the story, and we've been in space already. When those came out it was all about the choreography, it was all about the new technologies to make the special effects better, it was all about piggybacking on "how darth vader became darth vader". And probably most of all it was Mauls double edged light saber that was pushing the hype.

Nothing about episodes 1-3 really made them as iconic on their own. Their only iconic because they're just more star Wars films. You can pick what pieces about them you like (like, Mauls saber is probably my most favorite thing form star wars, ever), but you can't point out the entire film and say "I love that whole movie. That was the best star wars movie story wise. Cause they were just so damn dry

All that said, CGI didn't make Jurassic, and I think thats why myself (and probably you, and the other millions of people who love the movie) can still watch it to this day. Its about the story, its about the plot and the original idea.

CGI made episodes 1-3.

But on the other end of the spectrum, CGI also made the Matrix. That CGI was just so damn awesome that you literally :wow: faced when yo saw it. But the Matrix is like a once in a decade kind of film like the OG Star Wars, Terminator, etc. The effects blow your mind so much that it kind of just makes up for whatever shortcomings the film has.

They could have done Vader more justice than what they did tho. The most iconic villain in movie history, and his movies just ain't got the juice.

I hope Kylo ends up more sinister and more badass in the end so we won't have to go back and get his history. I hope they explain it along the way.

its like poetry... 

Would be great if ghost Anakin drops some gems on him through force dreams or something and walks him back to the light.

Kylo begins to understand how corrupt the dark side is and Anakin speaks to him, giving him visions of what happened between Vader and Luke and Kylo begins to put the pieces together by Ep IX

And it would be great if Finn becomes a Jedi and washes ol' boy who beat on him with black rangers hammer in the woods

Last edited:

You still got phasma kylo snoke hux the knights of ren, rumored benicio del toro baddie....

Whats poe gonna do? Run the knights of ren over with an xwing ala a halo banshee?

You do know Finn will be awake again, and Luke will join, and Poe will be around as well. So no need for you to try and simplify it to be funny. They'll all match up fine. Not like Hux gonna be out there chokin anybody or some ****. :lol:

You also don't know if the Knights of Ren will be used or if they were only for flashbacks.

kind of reminds me of the big bad empire vs the poor little rebels 

Another 29+ million tonight, bringing it to a little over 600 million domestic in 13 days. :x :pimp:

I hope Episode VIII is Ozymandias on steroids.

It's going to be so raw. I want it to be dark as hell

I want that Boba Fett movie to be dark. But they'll prolly make it PG 13 :smh:

Also, I hope Han and Boba's movies release before episode 9. I want Star Wars to all end on that chapter.

I don't want to go back in time again after the final trilogy is over. Wrap all that **** up before the last movie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom