Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
NT, who is really the "chosen one?" Is it Luke or Anakin?

What CP said.

George Lucas has said repeatedly it's definitely Anakin, but you know he changes his mind every five minutes :lol:

The last episode of the Clone Wars cartoon strongly hints at Luke possibly being the chosen one. Like they pretty much say word for word that he is :lol:---->
When talking amongst each other about why Yoda deserves the ability to become a force ghost, one of the force priestesses training him says he deserves it because he will train the one who will rid the galaxy of a great imbalance, then you hear the line "there is another Skywalker" with Luke's cry as a baby in the background

But then again in the episodes about force welders you mentioned, the Father clearly says that Anakin is the chosen one. But that was before the sequel trilogy was in development so he probably still was at that point.

At the same time, another theory is that the each person in the 'Skywalker' bloodline in its entirety is considered a/the chosen one ie it's their responsibility to bring/hold balance to the force.

Last edited:
Anakin is definitely the chosen one. He was literally born through the force. He's the one that killed Palpatine in the end sacrificing himself and redeeming himself. Anakin is clearly the chosen one. Luke is no different from any other Jedi. What made Anakin so different we're his emotions and feelings. Luke was just any of the other Jedi before the great purge.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chosen_One

Last edited:
Yeah, no.

This, however, was written in 1975, when the prophecy of the Chosen One had not been developed, and is actually referencing the actions of Luke Skywalker, not his father

In the very article you linked.

Lucas came back with the prequels and created Jar Jar Binks, so forgive me for not changing with the ways of that moron once he completely sold out.

Luke is no different from any other Jedi

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The guy single handedly rebuilt the Jedi order. By himself. Hundreds and hundreds of Jedi's retrained, sought for, and trained, by the same man.

Anakin killed a bunch of kids. :rolleyes

Not to mention, Anakin got his *** kicked by the only Jedi he ever really faced, and lived to be a whopping 38 years old or so. (give or take a couple years)

Still hanging on to that EU I see :lol:

But yeah, Anakin might have been considered the chosen one at one point, but by the time the ST is over with I'm 100% positive it'll be clear that Luke actually was the chosen one.

Anyone who just watched the movies would probably gather that Luke was the chosen one and not Anakin, Star Wars fans have debated that for years. The only reason Anakin was the definitive answer was because of George Lucas. But Star Wars doesn't just belong to him anymore. And it's pretty clear that Lucasfilm has decided Luke is the chosen one because of the upcoming sequel trilogy.

Go to the two minute mark of this clip [Video][/Video]

Notice the crys of a baby and the fact that there's another Skywalker as soon as "balance" is mentioned.

Last edited:
I mean, at this point, there is more EU than there is movie canon, ya know? :lol:

The OG trilogy, they never once mention chosen one or any of that. Nothing, not Ben, not Yoda, nothing.

Then, all of a sudden, in 1999, then they speak on this "chosen one" ****? In the same script as Jar Jar Binks? :rolleyes

He just made that **** up to make it sound like Anakin was greater than what he simply should have done. Anakin as Ben said, was a great warrior, and fighter pilot, and Jedi, and they fought together during the Clone Wars. But he was seduced by the dark side and became Darth Vader.

Instead, we got an 8 year old boy, a teenager with a hard on, and then he was a great Jedi for about an hour, then he killed some kids.

Chosen one. :rolleyes

That is literally, how the 6 movies played out. Chosen one is introduced by the 4th film, and never even remotely shown as relevant. He laid the groundwork out in 77 with Ben talking to Luke, and couldn't figure out a way to portray it properly in 15 years. :smh:

Question, why do Star Wars fan hate George Lucas ? Just a fan of the movies looking to know more about the story :nerd:

Question, why do Star Wars fan hate George Lucas ? Just a fan of the movies looking to know more about the story :nerd:

:lol: :lol:

If you simply read just my posts in this thread, you'll have all the ammo you need.

Basically, he created this tremendous universe, but then sold out for kids, toys, marketing money, and when he did the prequels, he made everything too damn kid friendly, and took a lot of the darkness, power and intrigue out of the films. He ruined so many of our characters, from Boba Fett, to Vader lookin like Humpty Dumpty, to being kids in the prequels, to killin Maul after 7 seconds of screen time, the list goes on and on.

As for learning more about the story, start with the EU. If you ever need any help with that, PM me and I would be happy to help.

:lol: I don't hate him like some fans do. I grew up on the prequels so I don't have the hatred for them (the hatred for them that led people to hate Lucas) that alot do.

My main gripe with Lucas was his hold on the franchise, even though it was his :lol: If he would've allowed the books, games, comics, etc to be interwoven with his movieverse, we wouldn't have lost the EU just now. He also could have started making spin offs and more episodic movies years ago, but he didn't. For a universe so big, it just seemed narrow-minded to me to keep it six movies and a cartoon.

What Disney is doing now, is exactly what Lucas should have been doing at least since the early 90's. We got more movies in the main saga, spin offs, the EU will now be regarded in the same vain as the movies, again, all of this should've been done longgggg ago.

Thanks for your opinion and reasoning guys. If the EU isn't canon than I should just wait for the movies :nerd: or just watch clone wars.

Thanks for your opinion and reasoning guys. If the EU isn't canon than I should just wait for the movies :nerd: or just watch clone wars.

They might say it's not canon, but they are morons. The novels that have been carrying the franchise the last 20 years are spectacular, new movies or not. So while they may not line up with what the movies do going forward, they are certainly worth the read. Without a doubt.

Start with Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn, and the 2 books he writes after that, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command, and you will see how great the EU can, and does become.

Yeah, they're still worth a read. I'm reading the Thrawn Trilogy again right now. I'd start with what CP said, and also read the Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi series, along with the Darth Plagueis novel, Labyrinth of Evil and the Revenge of the Sith novel (which is better than the movie, and the novel is also considered canon). The unifying force is also incredible.

Obviously buying all those books can be expensive :lol: so Wookiepedia has great summaries of all of them. But I'd definitely read Plagueis, the ROTS novel and the Thrawn Trilogy at least.

The New cannon EU also already started with a couple of Darth Maul comics, Son of Dathomir. A book on the new TV show comes out in September, and books on Luke, Tarkin, and a book on Vader and Sidious together come out in early 2015.

Last edited:
Alright thanks for the suggestions I'll look for them at my local library. Also got done watching the first season of the clone wars. :pimp: :pimp: (mace windu ???) is a badass :x :pimp: :smh:

Was it ever debunked that Temuera Morrison was cast as Boba Fett for the Boba spinoff?

FirstClass, if you like Mace Windu, I highly recommend reading the book "Shatterpoint" from the EU. The author is Matthew Stover. It is about Mace and for my money the best SW EU book (I have read around 200 SW EU books). Epic story and an eye opener in many aspects.  

Shatterpoint :smokin :smokin How'd I forget that one :smh:

I think that listing for Temuera Morrison was just done by a random fan. I wouldn't eem be surprised if they went with the guy who played Young Boba for the movie depending on where in the timeline it takes place.

I think that listing for Temuera Morrison was just done by a random fan. I wouldn't eem be surprised if they went with the guy who played Young Boba for the movie depending on where in the timeline it takes place.

It'd kind of make sense for Morrison if this was supposed to be a Post ROTJ movie. But my ideal Fett-movie would be something like Iron man where it starts off in the Sarlaac, then he gets a flashback scene with Daniel Logan as young him. Give him about 20%, then they can get to the Sarlaac part and just have the movie go from there.

I know people hate every PT but I was able to chop it up with Daniel for a few at Celebration VI and the guy is definitely passionate about being Fett, so I have to give him credit. He's just abit frail, so maybe he should hit up Taylor Lautner's trainer and buff up a little more? :lol:
View media item 1079409

Last edited:
There is a big gap in Boba Fett's story after their gig with Dengar until he becomes Mandalore (from what i remember), so maybe it's going to be a post-rotj indeed with some flashbacks. Moreover, since the mandalorians are pacifists according to the new cannon 
mean.gif
 , i guess everything mandalorian is out of the qiestion and it'll be BH business all the way. 

There is a big gap in Boba Fett's story after their gig with Dengar until he becomes Mandalore (from what i remember), so maybe it's going to be a post-rotj indeed with some flashbacks. Moreover, since the mandalorians are pacifists according to the new cannon :smh:  , i guess everything mandalorian is out of the qiestion and it'll be BH business all the way. 

That's what bums me out that CW ended. I saw where they were going with eventually having Cad Bane "train" Boba and that would've been dope. I would've loved a space-western story. The galaxy is bigger than just the Jedi/Sith, Empire/Rebels
View media item 1079470View media item 1079471

Last edited:
The last we saw of Mandalore tho (in cannon) it was under the rule of Darth Maul (before Sidious got to him) and had taken back up its warrior roots... So who knows what they'll be like in future stories.

But making the Mandos pacifist is probably my biggest gripe with anything Lucas has ever done to Star Wars... Serious.

Last edited:
But making the Mandos pacifist is probably my biggest gripe with anything Lucas has ever done to Star Wars... Serious.

Is that from the Clone Wars cartoon stuff? Cuz if so, I'll ignore that **** with the quickness.

Well, I'm lying of course, I'm trying to hunt down the Blu Ray complete 5 seasons package, but best I can locate it for is around 110 bucks or so. :x

I may just end up waiting til Christmas and locating it then.

The complete series is on Netflix if you have it.

Hmmmm. I don't, but I am sure I can find a way to get hold of it from there. Plenty of people have it around me, should be good enough.

Still tho, I am a collector type, and like to have actual disks and such too. So even if I watch for free somewhere, at some point I'll want to locate a box set to go with the rest of my stuff.

If their done making clone wars how about an animated show on what happened between episode 3 and 4?

Back
Top Bottom