Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't trust anything from Jedi News. I saw that and was about to post it here until I noticed it was from them.

Kevin Smith is currently in the UK touring his animated film Jay and Silent Bob’s Super Groovy Cartoon Movie. He is a huge Star Wars fan and not surprisingly while he was in London he was invited to the set of Star Wars Episode VII. Hit the jump for some details he shared on the Hollywood Babble-On show …

As we posted on the site’s Twitter feed, after Smith’s visit to the Episode VII set he posted this image with the following text:

“Visited JJ and his EP VII set. I signed the NDA so all I can share are this old Bantha-Tracks subscriber’s tears and snotty nose of joy. The Force is WITH this movie. Holy Sith…”

Smith noted that he had signed a non-disclosure agreement so he couldn’t talk any specifics, but he did say that he saw costumes, characters and sets that took him back to his childhood.

“They had a sign at on the stage – I can’t even say which stage – which had the Imperial Starship logo and it said, ‘loose lips sink starships”.

“I’m really excited and you know, people keep saying that I liked the last trilogy and I did. I liked 1, 2 and 3. But I liked them as an adult, when I watched them they didn’t give me the same feeling I had when I was seven watching them for the first time and that’s fine. This movie though… Dude, I cried four times. The seven year old in me came. [J.J] has f**cking captured it, man. He has nailed it.”

Due to the non-disclosure agreement, Smith couldn’t say much more but he gave his co-host Ralph Garman a pad with some words to read out which he then nodded to in agreement. When asked, “did you see Stormtroopers?”, Smith nodded his head with the biggest smile on his face.

Smith also confirmed lightsabres and blasters, but that was pretty much a given.

Well it’s surely not much but it’s always great to hear a huge positive output from a hardcore Star Wars fan.

:smokin

And not that it wasn't pretty much already a given but Andy Serkis basically confirmed that he's playing a mocap character a couple days ago, and that his company is doing the mocap work for all Star Wars films.

Didn't this dude cry and kiss Ben Afleck on the lips when he showed him his Bat-costume too?

Is he gonna cry when he see's the pilot suit for Gypsey Danger in Pacific Rim 2? :rolleyes

^ I've been listening to that podcast recently. Some good stuff.

How big is this cast :lol:

pip-crystal-1536x864-754960233252.jpg

At the end of last year Lucasfilm and Disney invited all young aspiring actors to attend an open casting call for roles in J.J Abrams’ Star Wars Episode VII. The casting calls spanned 11 cities across the US and UK and over 37,000 hopefuls attended, with a further 30,000 submitting applications online.

Having hunted high and low for young and undiscovered talent, the filmmakers are delighted to announce that two actors from the open call call have been cast.

Crystal Clarke is an American actress studying in Glasgow, UK, who has both stage and screen acting experience and is soon to be seen in her first feature, The Moon and the Sun (to be released in 2015). British actor Pip Andersen is a skilled practitioner of parkour, a discipline that involves propelling oneself through any given environment with incredible grace and agility. Pip recently demonstrated this remarkable skill in a Spider-Man ad for Sony. [Video] [/Video]

“The Star Wars universe has always been about discovering and nurturing young talent and in casting Episode VII we wanted to remain absolutely faithful to this tradition. We are delighted that so many travelled to see us at the open casting calls and that we have been able to make Crystal and Pip a part of the film,” said producer and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy.

Meanwhile, principal photography continues at Pinewood Studios in London after wrapping on location in Abu Dhabi in May.

In August, the team will take a brief two-week hiatus while adjustments to the current production schedule are made as actor Harrison Ford recovers from a leg injury. Harrison is doing well and is looking forward to returning to the set soon. Shooting remains on track to wrap in the fall with the film scheduled for release on December 18, 2015.

And more recent pictures of Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill, Fisher looks great, and Mark is really growing that Jedi beard out.

Br5jmmwCEAAyN_U.png

10425064_687010248019835_4635697864035789745_n.jpg

'Star Wars: Episode VII' Confirms Shooting In IMAX
It seems like kind of a no-brainer at this point, but after a tease earlier this year that J.J. Abrams‘ ‘Star Wars: Episode 7‘ may be shooting in IMAX, it was confirmed today that this is definitely the case. And along with that cool bit of nerd-friendly news, we’ve got some details on the ‘Star Wars’ presence at Comic-Con 2014.

The Bad Robot account tweeted out this photo, featuring an IMAX camera, which confirms that ‘Episode 7′ will not be post-converted for the format, as Abrams is obviously shooting with the technology.

@bad_robot: #bestformatever
BsDaRpRCIAEtvXZ.jpg:large

Abrams previously shot about 30 minutes worth of ‘Star Trek Into Darkness‘ in the IMAX format, so he’s already familiar with the technology. And who doesn’t want to see a new ‘Star Wars’ film in IMAX, right?

And Brian Muir, the guy who sculpted the Vader, and Stormtrooper helmets, along with assisting on 3PO,confirmed today that he was hired by JJ to work on Episode VII :smokin :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
Luke.

Anakin "brought balance" by destroying it, but creating Luke, who then fixed Anakins doings.

Luke likely goes down as thee greatest Jedi thru history. Defeating Vader and Palpatine, as well as rebuilding the Jedi order. Not to mention countless other wars, Exar Kun, Abeloth, planet of Sith, or the alien invasion.

Reactions: Ube
Luke.

Anakin "brought balance" by destroying it, but creating Luke, who then fixed Anakins doings.

Luke likely goes down as thee greatest Jedi thru history. Defeating Vader and Palpatine, as well as rebuilding the Jedi order. Not to mention countless other wars, Exar Kun, Abeloth, planet of Sith, or the alien invasion.
I thought it was Luke. I just sorta questioned it though because remember how vader helps Luke defeat palpatine I thought that that's why it technically was vader. Idk im not too into it so idk everything like others on here.

Also can someone give me a late pass for not starting clone wars earlier. Thank god for netflix. :smokin
On season 3, that episode about force wielders :nthat:
Also how close is the cartoon to the actual books?

Back
Top Bottom