Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
roll.gif
at CP's comment about blockades in space! I was literally thinking the same thing.

Btw Grandma Skywalker>>>>>>>>>>>>Rey.
she is literally the most boring movie character of all time though

han solo in carbonite had more personality 

it's a spoiler but i think they officially have the Rey toys with the lightsaber on shelves now so it's equal with that

Is the new posts popup an option you can enable in settings, or is a ***** gonna have to just refresh like it's 2012?
Word, mine went away a week or 2 ago and I miss it dearly.

Pretty sure it happened after one time the site was under construction for a quick sec.

I don't know how or if I can get it back
i agree 100% that space fights in any movie dont excite me that much

which is why it has to be about the characters and directing

that astroid chase is exciting to me, purely because every time they cut to the crew inside the MF a lot of things are happening and the characters are all scrambling to survive.

the opening of FA is exciting, i dont care at all about what they are shooting at or what's blowing up but its the interaction and charisma between finn and poe that make the scene exciting.

the prequels are bad movies because they dont understand that its the characters that make things exciting, so we get a bunch of cgi spaceships flying around blowing up things we dont care about. 

in terms of the story, when we see adult anakin in ep 2 he's already an angry, jealous person. We never get a sense of how he turns dark because even when he's a good guy all he does is complain about everything that happens in his life. He even somehow gets to smash after crying about not liking sand. 

its an unfair comparison but take Vito in the godfather, thoughout the movie we see the character slowly become more ruthless as he turns from a "regular" person to a ruthless mob boss. It's a great character because there is such contrast between who he was at the start of the movie and who he is at the end.

with anakin, the difference between the start of clones and the end of sith is pretty much just his jealous, angry personality amplified, its not a satisfying story arc to watch. 
I think we both agree what made the movies bad; writing and direction. Just a disagreement on how bad and what specifically we really didn't like.

We both agree Lucas shouldn't have made the movie mostly cgi. After that with what we got I don't think the general arc by itself bad or the plots were bad. As mentioned there's a good story there it's just that it needs re-working. That's why I find the movies mostly bland and just plain not good. Nothing about it though pulls at my childhood and I feel this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach cuz I think George is ruining his own creation.

Also I think you mean Michael Corelone not Vito cuz Vito was played by Marlon Brando who was already old unless you're talking about Godfather 2 where he was also played by De Niro.
I'm a huge fan of the franchise, you aren't. That confuses you why I would have a stronger opinion that you?
:lol: I never once said I was confused about that.

You don't grasp why a fan of 25+ years would have anger vs someone who just casually watched them all, really?
“That is why you fail.”

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

“You will know (the good from the bad) when you are calm, at peace. Passive.”

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

Let it go.

For your post to SM, Anakin was too old, at 8? But Luke at 18 wasn't? You don't see the stupidity of those claims?
I'm talking about the story. He was too old. That's what the Jedi council said about Anakin when Qui-Gon wanted him to be his new padawan.

Apparently the council likes their padawans younger to be conditioned. It makes sense if you look at the council a certain way during that time.

As for Luke, the Jedi council was done. There were no more rules. Obi-Wan wasn't considering to have Luke join a Jedi academy. He was training them as the Jedi's last hope. Yoda continued his training cuz again that was all they got. They sensed how strong in the force he was and more importantly that he didn't have as much fear in him as Anakin did. Goes to show the difference in not growing up a slave will do for you.

The Jedi ways will have to change if they are going to not just survive but thrive. Even if you don't want to admit that those were some things that showed from the PT to the OT how Yoda changed over time. He got humbled at the end of ROTS. So he wasn't adhering to old forgotten Jedi rules when Luke showed up.

That reedit link really detailed a pretty solid perspective on the Jedi council, the living force & the unifying force, why Anakin betrayed them (cuz yes the PT did not portray that well enough), and what Luke represents by acknowledging his dark side.

Last edited:
It's no exaggeration in the least that Rey is tearing up when she sees Luke
Yes it is. I saw the finale scene 3 times now.

But if you want to read in to something that wasn't there, okay. She was balling like a baby trembling with the light saber in her hand.
this is the face of someone who's about to cry

View media item 1857072
the intended effect of this scene is the overwhelming emotion between the two

I guess I'll need to get acquainted with Daisy Ridley's cry face :lol:

I'll say with the music being played, the wind blowing, the long stares between the two it just got awkward to me. Didn't seem like anyone was going to cry.
green lightsabers are the coolest 
I want to see another purple one :pimp:

The staredown was really awkward on first viewing but it played better the other times i saw the film.

Still feel like it would have worked perfectly without the aerial shot lol that was OD and felt like they used it because of how difficult it must of been to pull off

That last aerial shot Was like a highlander shot loool

Thought this was about to come on

Last edited:
That ending staredown was terrible.

What's the EU?

:lol:

Expanded Universe, also known under the Legends label now.

Uhhhhhhhh, bro? :lol:

You've never read page one of this thread either eh? :lol:

Hell no. Out of 300 + pages? Unless i'm there from the jump I never read page 1.

You'd see that you're talking to one of the biggest EU fans in the thread......

Then you should've just said yes when I asked the question. :wink:

Co-workers saw my Star Wars figures at my desk and immediately began talking about Star Wars. I thought it was pretty neat to discuss our thoughts about the film at work...I'm the youngest cat in the office and no one ever small talks here, unless it's about benefits, retirement, and politics.
sick.gif

How can no one enjoy pop culture and sports?!?!!

It's 3 pm on a Tuesday and people of all ages are lining up to watch starwars

A poor family behind me in line was talking about watching chipmunks

Back
Top Bottom