Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The heralded EU has Han and Leia's son turn to the dark side.

And their daughter squaring off with him.

So......

So....

The Skywalker name has to live on for merchandising alone. Luke has a son name Ben in the EU. That name is now for Han and Leia's son in the ST. Han and Leia had a daughter EU...now Luke has daughter in the ST

I don’t know what the fine print is on the contract George Lucas signed with Disney, but I would assume that $4 billion bought the “white slavers” full control of pretty much everything, much to Lucas’s chagrin. They can do whatever they want now, old man! SUCK IT! Watch them slit Jar Jar’s throat in front of your grandchildren just to make them cry! YOU CANNOT STOP IT.

Anyway, Disney could probably remake the prequels if they wanted to, which they SHOULD. I know it’s not a priority right now, because they’re making the new trilogy (plus the spinoff movies and TV shows and webisodes and puppet documentaries), but they’ve already proven they can make a Star Wars movie that looks and feels and sounds like the old classics: weird creatures in homemade costumes, beat-up spaceships, villains with cool voices, dialogue I like reciting to myself while taking a ****, etc. The prequels lacked all of those things, and their continued existence dilutes the LEGACY OF THE SERIES, which is super important to people like me who have ZERO perspective in life. Also, the fact that prequel **** still infects Star Wars merch and books and toys cannot stand. I would like all traces of Naboo obliterated with a literal Starkiller death ray.

So, somewhere down the line, Disney should (if they haven’t already) make a plan to reboot the prequels and erase the old ones from history. What if Anakin Skywalker were actually played by TOM ************* HARDY, and instead of being a whiny dip**** pod-racing bro, he was actually a Jedi Academy bully who sabered little Jedi boys for their power converter money? KABOOM. Another billion dollars. Someone get the Coen brothers to write that ****.

(By the way, there’s a whole lot of people out there *****ing that the new movie is too much like the first Star Wars movie, which is amusing, because the first Star Wars movie itself took its plot from ANOTHER movie. (Hidden Fortress)
Originality is overrated. I’d rather watch a movie that steals from something good than an “original” movie that’s ******* terrible. That’s especially true of Star Wars, where all I really give a **** about is the look and the dialogue and the characters. They nailed ALL of that, and that’s no small feat. So ***** all you want for some magical unicorn movie out there that borrows from nothing at all. It doesn’t exist.)

:lol: :rofl: :lol:
:lol:

:rofl:

Nobody cares about Hidden Fortress
As for Luke, the Jedi council was done. There were no more rules. Obi-Wan wasn't considering to have Luke join a Jedi academy. He was training them as the Jedi's last hope. Yoda continued his training cuz again that was all they got. They sensed how strong in the force he was and more importantly that he didn't have as much fear in him as Anakin did. Goes to show the difference in not growing up a slave will do for you.

The Jedi ways will have to change if they are going to not just survive but thrive. Even if you don't want to admit that those were some things that showed from the PT to the OT how Yoda changed over time. He got humbled at the end of ROTS. So he wasn't adhering to old forgotten Jedi rules when Luke showed up.

Yet, Yoda tells Obi Wan that Luke is too old to be trained, same as he said about Anakin, who was a decade younger. :lol:
Much anger in him, like his father......

A long time have I watched......

Reckless......

He is too old.....too old.....to begin the training......
Then he trained Luke anyway.

So what exactly are you saying? :lol:

You come at me trying to bring up 8 yr old Anakin was too old to train but 18 yr old Luke wasn't. NOW you're telling me Luke was too old to be trained cuz of some half assed protest from Yoda?

What the ****?

So Anakin was too old and Luke was too old according to you, okay.

They still got trained though. I guess that prophecy exception means something.

Last edited:
I thought the old EU isnt canon anymore? Why do people keep referencing it like they play a factor in the new movies?

I thought the old EU isnt canon anymore? Why do people keep referencing it like they play a factor in the new movies?

The EU isn't canon anymore and though I'm not a huge fan of it, it definitely expanded the stories of the OT and gave a deeper understanding of what was going on in the large galaxy. Because of that Disney has admittedly drawn inspiration from some of the ideas that came about like the OT 3 having a child(ren)...

^^ yoda's voice was in the vision too. Maybe she's yoda's daughter...
That's a good theory.

I bet Yoda got thousands of kids in his 900 years. She can be a great great great granddaughter for sure.

When she turns to the dark side is when the green in her will show more.
That lightsaber was in that hallway when Luke's hand was cut off. It was her grandfathers saber. It's been in Obi Wans possession for probably longer than anyone. Luke used it. I don't know maybe it's just too easy that it's Luke's daughter. Maybe she is the old hermits granddaughter. Would explain what he was up to between 3 and 4 as he would've been in hiding.
so he ditches his own kid who is younger than luke to live in a hole in the sand?

he goes of on an adventure with luke and lets himself die even though he has a kid?

he calls luke the only hope even though he has a kid?

it makes no sense, obiwan is an OG jedi. OG jedis dont have kids
Maybe Obi-Wan thought his children weren't worth **** to the force?

This whole force family tree stuff has only been shown to be a thing with Skywalkers.

We've yet to actually see some other Jedi with a son who was force sensitive have we?

^^ yoda's voice was in the vision too. Maybe she's yoda's daughter...

Obi-Wan was well and dead when Vader and Luke had their battle on bespin. Why is Rey seeing that hallway if she is a "kenobi"? No one still wants to answer why Leia would send a stranger to visit her long lost brother either.

These theories though entertaining because they all add to the lore is undermining our common sense as movie goers. Not every thing has to be a twist. Why are people trying to go around the obvious of Rey being Luke's daughter? Disney has made mention of this new trilogy continuing the Skywalker saga, Lucas' original draft of a new trilogy focused on Darth Vader's grandchildren and of course we have the heralded EU.

Again. Darth Vader's 2 grandchildren. One light, the other dark. Both needed to bring balance to the force. The story is right in front of us.......

The heralded EU has Han and Leia's son turn to the dark side.

And their daughter squaring off with him.

So......
Star-Wars-Its-non-canon-all-of-it.jpg
take my reps :rofl:

And Vader had more than 2 grandchildren if you want to discuss the EU

That lightsaber was in that hallway when Luke's hand was cut off. It was her grandfathers saber. It's been in Obi Wans possession for probably longer than anyone. Luke used it. I don't know maybe it's just too easy that it's Luke's daughter. Maybe she is the old hermits granddaughter. Would explain what he was up to between 3 and 4 as he would've been in hiding.
so he ditches his own kid who is younger than luke to live in a hole in the sand?

he goes of on an adventure with luke and lets himself die even though he has a kid?

This whole force family tree stuff has only been shown to be a thing with Skywalkers.

We've yet to actually see some other Jedi with a son who was force sensitive have we?
but a key point to the theory is that being obiwan's granddaughter is why she is so strong with the force

cant have it both ways

and obiwan thinks his kids are not talented so he ditches? that's as deadbeat as you can get 

how did the EU work? did lucas films have to approve it or could anyone just write fan fiction and join in on the EU? 

Its because it seems like they are grabbing bits and pieces from the EU and reworking them
Maybe the writing team really didn't have any new ideas?

Probably would've been easier to say they'd pick and choose what's canon with the expanded universe as they go. Keeps fans guessing. Gives them free reign to change w/e they want.

[thread="512239"]Quote:[/thread]

but a key point to the theory is that being obiwan's granddaughter is why she is so strong with the force

cant have it both ways

and obiwan thinks his kids are not talented so he ditches? that's as deadbeat as you can get 
Well just scratch that part out. She's strong with the force cuz she's strong with the force. Maybe she can just be another "chosen one" for some other bull **** prophecy.

I don't actually think she's a Kenobi but hey I'll play for now. Every time I come in this thread it's either ppl complaining about the prequels or running with the any theory is possible for Rey's parents/family.

So Luke's the dad, Obi-Wan's the granddad, Palpatine da papi, Yoda the ancestor, somehow Han's the dad but Rey was given away to another family before, Jar Jar you are the father, hey maybe C3PO and R2 are the parents and Rey's an advanced highly sophisticated droid that's force sensitive, Lando could be the dad, Boba Fett, Jabba the Hutt, maybe an Ewok, clone, transgender, reincarnated, etc.

Last edited:
Another theory is that Plagueis is the one that created Anakin. After watching 3 I just assumed that it was Palp that learned that skill from Plagueis. That Palp was the one who created Anakin.

Its because it seems like they are grabbing bits and pieces from the EU and reworking them

Probably would've been easier to say they'd pick and choose what's canon with the expanded universe as they go. Keeps fans guessing. Gives them free reign to change w/e they want.

[thread="512239"]Star Wars Universe Thread Episode 7 The Force Awakens 12 18 2015/10100_100#post_24909023​[/thread]

cant have it both ways

Well just scratch that part out. She's strong with the force cuz she's strong with the force. Maybe she can just be another "chosen one" for some other bull **** prophecy.

I don't actually think she's a Kenobi but hey I'll play for now. Every time I come in this thread it's either ppl complaining about the prequels or running with the any theory is possible for Rey's parents/family.

So Luke's the dad, Obi-Wan's the granddad, Palpatine da papi, Yoda the ancestor, somehow Han's the dad but Rey was given away to another family before, Jar Jar you are the father, hey maybe C3PO and R2 are the parents and Rey's an advanced highly sophisticated droid that's force sensitive, Lando could be the dad, Boba Fett, Jabba the Hutt, maybe an Ewok, clone, transgender, reincarnated, etc.
with all those relationships, Finn's probability of committing incest are super high 
laugh.gif

but that's normal for starwars 
nerd.gif

Oh yeah I think its a fine idea but I know some people will say that they aren't original.That's not the case Its just the writers using what already proven to be good and not known to the masses.

Not if they are reworking the ideas too even better because it surprises everyone.

no reason not to take from decades of great material

who cares about being original, just make the best possible story

Oh yeah I think its a fine idea but I know some people will say that they aren't original.That's not the case Its just the writers using what already proven to be good and not known to the masses.

Not if they are reworking the ideas too even better because it surprises everyone.
Well according from several ppl, the plan wasn't to be original at all. At least not with ep VII.

Lucas said they didn't look at his stuff and that they wanted to do something for the fans. JJ is in interviews channeling the OT in all his answers and what all the fans have agreed what's good about SW after the PT.

Being original or new really wasn't in the plans to start things off. So any complaints about originality would be drowned out by the die hard fans happy with getting what they wanted. Pretty much like right now where ppl say TFA is basically ANH 2.0 and PT haters says at least it's way better than the PT. Seems a lot of them had this gloom and doom mentality and thus relatively low standards from a creative stand point. Being unoriginal in this case is the safe path.

To me it's just a better argument to keep it open to adapt w/e EU books they want. Then SW is basically like any other movie franchise adapted from books (Potter, LOTR, MCU, etc.).

We'll see how it all works out for them a few years removed from this trilogy. Hope these same fans don't flip the script and **** on it. Apparently same thing happened with the PT :lol:

Last edited:

Well according from several ppl, the plan wasn't to be original at all. At least not with ep VII.

Lucas said they didn't look at his stuff and that they wanted to do something for the fans. JJ is in interviews channeling the OT in all his answers and what all the fans have agreed what's good about SW after the PT.

Being original or new really wasn't in the plans to start things off. So any complaints about originality would be drowned out by the die hard fans happy with getting what they wanted. Pretty much like right now where ppl say TFA is basically ANH 2.0 and PT haters says at least it's way better than the PT. Seems a lot of them had this gloom and doom mentality and thus relatively low standards from a creative stand point. Being unoriginal in this case is the safe path.

To me it's just a better argument to keep it open to adapt w/e EU books they want. Then SW is basically like any other movie franchise adapted from books (Potter, LOTR, MCU, etc.).

We'll see how it all works out for them a few years removed from this trilogy. Hope these same fans don't flip the script and **** on it. Apparently same thing happened with the PT :lol:

You're so full of bull **** right now. :lol:

Another theory is that Plagueis is the one that created Anakin. After watching 3 I just assumed that it was Palp that learned that skill from Plagueis. That Palp was the one who created Anakin.

I believe that's what was in the Plageuis book (now non-canon) which would be an interesting plot point to incorporate into the new trilogy

how did the EU work? did lucas films have to approve it or could anyone just write fan fiction and join in on the EU? 

You can't be serious. :lol:

Of course Lucasfilm had to approve it. You get sued otherwise man. :lol:
or once someone gets the okay can they just write anything?

or does lucas film have to approve all the plot points? 

There's really only a few writers, Luceno (probably the best one) Zahn, the one that started it all, Denning, Allston, a couple others.

Luceno is still writing the new canon books now, even with his other work wiped out.

Lucasfilm approved what they all wrote with only guideline being, Luke/Han/Leia could not be killed. Everyone else was fair game.

You can't be serious.
laugh.gif

Of course Lucasfilm had to approve it. You get sued otherwise man.
laugh.gif
or once someone gets the okay can they just write anything?

or does lucas film have to approve all the plot points? 
There's really only a few writers, Luceno (probably the best one) Zahn, the one that started it all, Denning, Allston, a couple others.

Luceno is still writing the new canon books now, even with his other work wiped out.

Lucasfilm approved what they all wrote with only guideline being, Luke/Han/Leia could not be killed. Everyone else was fair game.
ah, i see

were there a lot of universe inconsistencies? or did they get rid of the EU just to free up space to tell their own story? 

Funnily enough there's a comic where Vader has a similar dream.

Naah. It all went back to Lucas, but he was fairly lenient. He made it clear that he saw the EU as being seperate from what he'd done with the films. There were really only a few key things that he was strict about that couldn't happen. So games were produced by different companies and writers were hired to come up with drafts and write books. All very official and everyone was getting paid. There was even someone from Lucasfilm working to map out how everything fit together in terms of continuity.

Considering how many different authors were involved over so many years it's actually really impressive that they didn't have more problems.

Last edited:
Free up space.

There were a couple of small things that got knotted up, but like with comics, you don't have to go page for page onscreen, you could worked around some stuff.

They wiped the slate clean to start fresh and move forward.

In time they'll bring small elements.

I know they won't keep Thrawn out forever. Someday he's getting onscreen, too much money to be made to not have him.
I expect Fett to come back as well. (And if he works with Rey, nobody is safe in this thread. :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Back
Top Bottom