Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

how did the EU work? did lucas films have to approve it or could anyone just write fan fiction and join in on the EU? 

You can't be serious. :lol:

Of course Lucasfilm had to approve it. You get sued otherwise man. :lol:
or once someone gets the okay can they just write anything?

or does lucas film have to approve all the plot points? 
Nah, there's somebody appointed in charge of quality control and then they hire authors to write the books.

Lucas probably had a loose awareness of what they did and had the power to just void it if he ever read any.

If he stuck to his original plans and did his sequel trilogy I'm pretty sure he'd just ignore the EU altogether.
You're so full of bull **** right now. :lol:
“You must unlearn what you have learned.”

Sorry, but you're wrong. Lucas used EU info in the prequels. Those books are what proved to him that fans wanted more. Stop replying to stuff you don't know about man.

And stop dropping stupid *** quotes. :lol:

Coruscant
Swoop bikes
Quinlan Vos
Aayla Secura
YT-2400 freighter
Action VI transports

All were used in the prequels, all came from the EU. He wasn't tied to anything, but he could obviously pick and choose anything he wanted.

I suspect it'll be the same with Disney.

Last one 
laugh.gif

404.gif

Ha, Maul's dual blade lightsaber is from the EU, as is Kylo's. :lol:

(Comics, not novels)

He even added stuff in 4-5-6 from the EU. :nerd:

But you right Zik, he'd completely ignore it altogether. :wink:

"During this time, Gossett designed the double-bladed lightsaber, which would appear as Exar Kun's weapon in The Sith War and would later appear on the silver screen in Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. With he and Anderson planning on introducing Exar Kun in the Dark Lords of the Sith arc, Veitch and Lucasfilm were unsure what George Lucas would think about his plans to portray the Sith, but to their surprise Lucas loved the idea"

View media item 1857689
From the early 90's.

"Lucas probably had a loose awareness of what they did and had the power to just void it if he ever read any.

If he stuck to his original plans and did his sequel trilogy I'm pretty sure he'd just ignore the EU altogether."

:lol:

so what you're saying is the only thing people like about those garbage movies didnt even come from lucas?

so what you're saying is the only thing people like about those garbage movies didnt even come from lucas?

No not at all. Plenty of good or ok things came from Lucas.

I'm merely telling Zik his belief that Lucas ignored, or disproved of the EU is stupid, and ill informed. There's plenty of evidence he was full aware of what went on.

Zik thinks everything should be credited to Lucas, and dismisses any other outside input or influences. Well, he just got a handful of evidence that stance is wrong.

The EU can't contradict the films, but the films can contradict the EU.

It's as simple as that.

Apparently we almost had Michael Fassbender as Kylo Ren...

well they thought about it. Don't know if they asked him or not

Last edited:

I dug through the pre-JJ Directing rumors and worked my way all they way up until actual trailer news after the movie came out and posted stuff in here about Fassbender

The Fassbender stuff was really early on. Like JJ first signed on and they were still using Arndt's story that was roughly based on George's :lol:. I always felt like whatever he was up for was one of the roles they cut out of the script because the story didn't last past the initial reports.

Just going by the rumors it seems like Driver was their first choice for Kylo.

Hugo Weaving was a part of those early rumors too and it just feels like Hux was done with him in mind (every report says his character was an "Imperial Commander). Cumberbatch was basically Phasma until they got backlash for not having enough women in the film and Gary Oldman said he talked to them for about a part that feels like it either got written out or was Lor Tekka

Going through that Art Book and matching the dates of that stuff with certain rumors is pretty interesting too

Like it's confirmed that they had meetings with MBJ, and Chiwetel Ejiofor and it's also confirmed that Poe was originally black so that must of been the part they were up for.

Early Rey artwork was actually done in the image of Chloë Moretz

Surprised the rumor mill for VIII casting hasn't picked up yet

Lucas was really involved in the writing of the Plagueis because there is a lot on his involvement and note sending but idk outside of that.

It seems like he wasn't too hands on with stuff like the Thrawn trilogy but was a big fan after the fact (seems like he was checked out of a lot of that stuff in the late 80s-early 90s)

I do know that Thrawn is one of the things that got George excited to make the prequel and he took being able to block force lightening with a saber from it.

The Thrawn novels are basically Lucas' idea of the Sequel trilogy so if you're genuinely interested in what he was going to do, check that out.

Last edited:

fassbender is too cool to be kylo ren

he would have killed han without even turning around to make eye contact

using the force is pretty much just being magneto again 
laugh.gif

wait what if rey is lukes daughter

but at the end of the movie...

"rey, you were adopted" "search your feelings, you know it to be true"

"thats impossible" "NOOOOOO"

*turns to darkside* 

Back
Top Bottom