Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone else feel like the animated series did a way better job of showcasing the power of the force than the movies? Some of the feats they had the Jedi pulling off were spectacular,like Yoda and Mace Windu taking out entire platoons/starships single handedly :lol: :wow:. I get that it'd be a lot more expensive to do in the movies though :lol:

Not to bring up prequels again, but one of my biggest gripes. The clone wars showed the Jedi, especially Anakin killing it. Like you felt this dude is the baddest force wielder around. You felt his gravitas as a Master Jedi, General, pilot, mentor, strategist. Then the movies give us this whiny follower. Also made me understand that Anakin is not really just a Jedi or Sith, but was capable of using both sides of the force interchangeably without being overwhelmed (if he trained).

Last edited:
You guys think buying the Star Wars: Aftermath is worth it? I got hooked after reading the first couple pages lol.

I mean, i'd say that buying any book is worth it if you believe you'll like it.

Anyone else feel like the animated series did a way better job of showcasing the power of the force than the movies? Some of the feats they had the Jedi pulling off were spectacular,like Yoda and Mace Windu taking out entire platoons/starships single handedly :lol: :wow:. I get that it'd be a lot more expensive to do in the movies though :lol:

Yes, but that goes for the games, novels, and comics as well in all honesty and is a complaint that many people have raised.

Last edited:
Would love to see a young yoda movie with him at the peak of his powers.. Also need to see a ruthless Vader at some point

Not sure if I really want to see a young Han movie.. just not sure which way they really are going go with it considering they can't overreach on what we know of him prior to new hope and that was the guy reluctantly getting caught up in all of that and getting sucked in

Easily

Not to bring up prequels again, but one of my biggest gripes. The clone wars showed the Jedi, especially Anakin killing it. Like you felt this dude is the baddest force wielder around. You felt his gravitas as a Master Jedi, General, pilot, mentor, strategist. Then the movies give us this whiny follower. Also made me understand that Anakin is not really just a Jedi or Sith, but was capable of using both sides of the force interchangeably without being overwhelmed (if he trained).

I agree with this except it really applies across the board and not just in the prequels. The Jedi were never the almighty wizards they were supposed to be in ANY of the movies except maybe ROTS.

Kylo Ren was putting in work during TFA though so hopefully this is fixed going forward.

I like Miles Teller as an actor so I wouldn't mind him taking a shot at the role. Though at the same time I'm of the same mind as various others and don't really see the need for a set of Han Solo films. Rogue One? Sure. Boba Fett? I'm down. Any amount of aliens, soldiers, or bounty hunters? Hell yes. Luke, Leia, or Han? Naah. Feel the same way about Obi-Wan and most other film characters honestly. We've had films that heavily focus on these guys and anything else can be covered in other media. Let's focus on some other characters now.

Last edited:
Early Han would/should be about being in the Imperial Navy, getting out, meeting Chewy, winning the Falcon from Lando, dealing with Jabba and Fett, then introducing any new characters you want to the story.

Like why he was at Mos Eisley if he was supposed to be hiding from Jabba. :nerd:

Actually, I do. Disney owns Marvel, they ain't ****** that up. They own SW, they won't **** that up either.

Rebels is solid
TFA is solid.

Already 2 for 2. It won't stop any time soon.

Just because you hate everything in life, doesn't mean we all do.

I hate Menace and Clones, but I give credit to RotS. I speak truly about what we're actually given. Have from day 1.

Last edited:
Naw, because this will actually be good.

You dont know if any of this stuff will be good

I got a feeling if they cast weird al yankovic as a young han solo you would give the movie a standing ovation
:lol:
Like why he was at Mos Eisley if he was supposed to be hiding from Jabba. :nerd:
I honestly wouldn't want a Han prequel to A New Hope. Let that just remain a mystery.

All the gaps don't need to be filled in.

We need new creations and like people have said yoda and vader would be great anthology films

You dont need a popular or up and coming actor who blew his way to the part because yoda a puppet/cgi and vader has a mask

I get how and why a rogue one movie would work..

Really not sure how a Han movie would really work.. Just not sure which direction they would take with it without stepping on the toes of what we like and know about the guy prior to the OG trilogy

Doing stuff from the prequels properly would make sense to me.. Or things that attach to the huger universe or struggle (like with rogue one).. Or the mythology of things involved

Starlord is basically a ripoff of han's story, but we got that already in the original trilogy

Actually, I do. Disney owns Marvel, they ain't ****** that up. They own SW, they won't **** that up either.

Rebels is solid
TFA is solid.

Already 2 for 2. It won't stop any time soon.

Just because you hate everything in life, doesn't mean we all do.

I hate Menace and Clones, but I give credit to RotS. I speak truly about what we're actually given. Have from day 1.

Marvel universe and the star wars universe are two totally different entities

I dont hate everything in life but i dislike madden fanboy type insanity lol

Last edited:
Both owned by the same corp. Both will be handled properly. Real easy to see.

You've been doing nothing but complaining in here since the thread began.

One of you claims I hype too much, the other says I hate too much. That ain't Madden fanboy bright guy. That's pointing out good, and bad.

Everything with you is bad bad bad bad. You're Clones Anakin right now.

Who said prequel to New Hope? Where did I say that?
Explaining how and why Han is in Mos sounds like a Han prequel to ANH. Like we need to see what events went down for him to end up there when we eventually see him there in ANH.

Hence the word prequel.
One of you claims I hype too much, the other says I hate too much.
You can do both you know :lol:

Been in here hyping up the movies gross worldwide while finding time to hate on Lucas and the prequels.

Last edited:
Who said prequel to New Hope? Where did I say that?
Explaining how and why Han is in Mos sounds like a Han prequel to ANH.

Hence the word prequel.

God damn, really dude?

You can't grasp, years prior, Mos Eisley is a main hangout, or after deliveries to Jabba, he stops in?

You really think that was just the first time he ever been there? So it must be assumed its a prequel? Really?

Never mind everything else I pointed out, Falcon, Lando, Chewie, Navy, Jabba, Fett, all you got was Eisley and Prequel somehow. :lol:

Last edited:
So Madden fanboy is hype AND hate now? :rofl: :lol:

You two are a perfect pair. Definition of fanboy is all praise, all hype. ALL 7 films are great, every character, every scene, every director, every story, etc.

"Fanboy" doesn't balance between praise and critical.

Back
Top Bottom