Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I laughed at the thought of Dave Franco as Han Solo

They need to expand the universe and give us new characters to root for. No need for all these solo prequels

When I think a film maker isn't good I assume any good movies in their resumes are flukes or that the movie succeeded in spite of them not because of them.

I get not wanting to look like you're not giving George any credit but usually when the George hate starts flooding in it looks like ppl want to give the least amount of praise/credit possible and when it is given it's backhanded void of any respect.

As it should.
You're a perfect example though CP.

You go the extra mile and try to strip Lucas of other accomplishments :lol:

You pretend like he had nothing to do with Indiana Jones and ignore his other contributions to film. Start questioning the creation process when it comes to him like it isn't established by now George is an idea/concept guy first.

I'm not surprised at all that you'd totally agree with trying to give Lucas little to no credit to making good movies any chance you get.

Last edited:
Current totals

#3 all time worldwide at 1.7 Billion

#1 all time domestic at 812 Million

Needs about 400 million to become #2 all time worldwide. Needs a full billion to get #1.

When I think a film maker isn't good I assume any good movies in their resumes are flukes or that the movie succeeded in spite of them not because of them.

I get not wanting to look like you're not giving George any credit but usually when the George hate starts flooding in it looks like ppl want to give the least amount of praise/credit possible and when it is given it's backhanded void of any respect.

As it should.

You go the extra mile and try to strip Lucas of other accomplishments.

You pretend like he had nothing to do with Indiana Jones and ignore his other contributions to film.

I'm not surprised at all that you'd totally agree with trying to give Lucas little to no credit to making good movies any chance you get.

What directing did he do with Indy? None.

QT wrote True Romance and nobody gives him credit for that film. It's not on his resume of films. He got a writing credit. Not directing.

Sea Manup is in here talking about DIRECTING a film, and what poor direction looks like, and has pointed this out time and time again. I point out the same thing, and you give me Indy? :lol:

In respect to this conversation I will watch THX 1138 and American Graffiti and get back to you on his abilities as a director 
I've noticed in some speeches/interviews George does seem to also be proud of American Graffitti.

To me if we're talking about Lucas solely as a director (and writer) the convo shouldn't be that long or so hate filled.

He's the one that went in to semi-retirement and has like less than 15 films to his name in that regard. If he continued to do stuff in the 80s and 90s it'd be different but that's a what if cuz he didn't.
Why do we need a young Han Solo movie?
Same thing I'm wondering.

You got anthology Vader movie you can make where it doesn't matter who is under the mask, just get James Earl Jones back. Everybody loves Boba Fett, get a good writer/director to do that instead.

They just killed Han and now are trying to give us somebody that is not Harrison Ford to do a young Han movie? In what the next 3-5 years? Okay….

An Anthology Vader movie with JEJ :wow:

Would be perfect for setting up the supposed "good" that was still inside of him that we never saw

Last edited:

As it should.

You go the extra mile and try to strip Lucas of other accomplishments.

You pretend like he had nothing to do with Indiana Jones and ignore his other contributions to film.

What directing did he do with Indy? None.
:lol: Here we go.

We've been through this.

I didn't say he directed Indiana Jones.

I just said you go the extra mile to strip him of accomplishments. You were actually questioning his role in creating Indiana Jones, something that everybody knows he did but somehow you didn't.

Sea Manup is in here talking about DIRECTING a film
I made it abundantly clear what I was talking about when I replied to YOU :lol:

It's not hard to follow. I didn't switch anything to say Lucas ghost directed all the good Indy films or anything like that.

You guys think buying the Star Wars: Aftermath is worth it? I got hooked after reading the first couple pages lol.

Honestly did not know what his role in Indy was. I knew he helped with it, but it was a Spielberg film to me, always was.

All he had was an idea, someone else did the script, and Spielberg directed, but George did name the character Indy, so he's the man. :lol:

He lied about having 2 other scripts done, someone else gave him the idea of the ark, but hey, his idea. No collab effort or anything like that. All George.

I know the Obi-Wan and Anakin comic is definitely worth it. It's a fantastic read
That first issue was dope :smokin

Love Checcetto's art.

I was half-expecting Anakin to look like the kid in ep I and not like a young Hayden though :lol: I forgot about that weird hairstyle change at the end of ep I.
Honestly did not know what his role in Indy was. I knew he helped with it, but it was a Spielberg film to me, always was.

All he had was an idea, someone else did the script, and Spielberg directed, but George did name the character Indy, so he's the man. :lol:

He lied about having 2 other scripts done, someone else gave him the idea of the ark, but hey, his idea. No collab effort or anything like that. All George.
:lol: Like I said, we been through this already.

It's w/e.

Last edited:
i just want 2 more star wars saga films (to round out the 3rd trilogy)

the rest of the spin-offs, reboots, etc will just clutter & dumb down the franchise imo - not looking forward to any of that stuff

an i the only one? :nerd:

nah Rogue One spin-off is gonna be flames

i have to admit when i was a youngling i was more into the space battles than the lightsaber/jedi stuff. that ANH trench run got me hooked.

I'm desperate for the Spin offs. It's an entire galaxy/universe worth of stuff that can be told.

Jedi-Sith war(s)
Old Republic
Bane
Boba
Vader
Stormtrooper stories
Han
Bounty Hunters
Darth Maul someday. ( :nerd: )
Obi Wan

And of course they can create new characters that will capture the imagination of people. (Phasma?)

And someday, somehow, I know someone is going to approach Disney with a Thrawn trilogy. It'll have to be re-written, but it will happen. Zero doubt it will happen, just a matter of when.

Last edited:
Anyone else feel like the animated series did a way better job of showcasing the power of the force than the movies? Some of the feats they had the Jedi pulling off were spectacular,like Yoda and Mace Windu taking out entire platoons/starships single handedly :lol: :wow:. I get that it'd be a lot more expensive to do in the movies though :lol:

Last edited:
I'm suprised Disney hasn't expressed any interest in Yoda.

He's seen alot...why not they have a film with the older Jedi/Sith characters?

Back
Top Bottom