Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I too can confirm this, there's another fill in who hasn't been on the show in a long time that I'm quite fond of as well.
Something about Perri Nemiroff too (forgot what they call her...Grand Moff Nemiroff? 
laugh.gif
Grand Nemiroff! 
laugh.gif

When asked if she was eager to get the secret of Rey’s backstory off her chest, Daisy Ridley revealed that she believed The Force Awakens already provided plenty of answers.

“I thought a lot was answered in The Force Awakens. Then after the screening I went for a drink with my agent and everyone, and we were chatting away and I realized that oh, in their minds it’s not answered at all!”

Despite believing that The Force Awakens provides sufficient answers, Ridley explained that she does enjoy how Rey’s backstory has become a mystery for fans.

“I think curiosity is a wonderful thing and I do find it quite funny that people keep asking about it. Just yesterday a guy asked to take a picture with me, and went ‘Is Luke your Dad’? And I was like, ‘chill out, you’ll see’!”

Ridley said that she would love to see audiences reactions when the answers are made clear, but also warned that more questions will come from the revelation.
“I’d love to see the look on people’s faces, but with answers come more questions, and there’s definitely going to be enough to keep people going for another two years!”

I can't figure out for the life of me whether or not Luke or Han is her dad. I mean it'd be so obvious Luke is her dad but I have a feeling they'll swerve us and go with Han/Leia as her parents. Even though there's no proof to support it.

When asked if she was eager to get the secret of Rey’s backstory off her chest, Daisy Ridley revealed that she believed The Force Awakens already provided plenty of answers.
Despite believing that The Force Awakens provides sufficient answers, Ridley explained that she does enjoy how Rey’s backstory has become a mystery for fans.
Ridley said that she would love to see audiences reactions when the answers are made clear, but also warned that more questions will come from the revelation.
I can't figure out for the life of me whether or not Luke or Han is her dad. I mean it'd be so obvious Luke is her dad but I have a feeling they'll swerve us and go with Han/Leia as her parents. Even though there's no proof to support it.

Still going with the option of her being a descendant of Kenobi...

It's definitely Luke just off of her beginnings on a desert planet, the map to Luke being on said desert planet, the adventure that she goes on mirroring luke's and the biggest giveaway, R2 waking up for her but no one else. The questions will be why was she separated from Luke and who the mother is

Watched episode 7 for the second time tonight... Rey is Solo's kid from an affair he ditched on Jakku...

Kinda serious :lol:..

Rewatched TFA and I continue to hate how Finn was portrayed.

Disney really thought they were slick.

You mean how he was kind of a goofy dork and was put in a coma before he could try to get Rey's sweet nectar yambs.

Last edited:

So does the milky eyed asian dude have the force?
Disney keeps claiming he doesn't. Which makes no sense how he can fight so well, blind, unless he's Daredevil or something 
nerd.gif

You mean how he was kind of a goofy dork and was put in a coma before he could try to get Rey's sweet nectar yambs.
And she friendzoned him 
frown.gif
mean.gif

Watched episode 7 for the second time tonight... Rey is Solo's kid from an affair he ditched on Jakku...

Kinda serious :lol:..

With the light saber that Luke Skywalker and Anakin Skywalker used calling to her? ....

It's 2015, Disney had to make minorities feel welcomed. They put Finn with the Skywalker lightsaber in all the promotional art and just to hit us with that quick swerve. He was whipping that thing though. When he impaled the stormtrooper :smokin

Ok... still going with my option though...

:lol:  

View media item 2254692
View media item 2254693

Obi-Wan helped Luke.... years later,  Luke trains a descendant of Obi-Wan...

How can you not like that? 

This movie is Star Wars for a new generation. Younger kids who are just getting into Star Wars. Obi-Wan's last actual appearance was in episode IV from '77, so how are newer audiences going to have any knowledge of Obi-wan if Rey is his daughter or granddaughter or great grand daughter. Why would Rey's family be emphasized so hard if she is Obi-wan's kid or grandkid and he died about 15 years before Rey was born......however obi-wan speaks to Rey in her vision, and says the same thing he says to Luke in the beginning of his journey, "These are your first steps". Yoda speaks to Rey in her vision and says the same he says to Luke "The force surrounds us an and binds the galaxy together". Luke's masters speaking to Rey and saying the same exact things to her. (Also Anakin's master's as well) Combined with the lightsaber, combined with her seeing incidents from Luke's history some from even before she was born (cloud city hallway where Luke fought Vader the first time and was told he's Vader son) combined with the whole movie being about finding Luke and a random girl wanting to find her family only for the both of them to come face to face at the end in an emotional scene with no dialogue COMBINED with Daisy Ridley just recently stating that who Rey's parentage is obvious and that it was hinted at heavily in TFA.... real mystery is who mom is and why Luke disappeared from everyone including his daughter. Jyn Erso :nerd:

I don't look for answers but I've always thought she was a Clone made with Anakin's DNA or something. I also don't believe Jyn has anything to do with anything Skywalker

I'd rather it be that than the "this character is someone's parent and this one is someone's child" nonsense. These movies need to move past the soap opera maury povich paternity stuff.

Last edited:
I don't look for answers but I've always thought she was a Clone made with Anakin's DNA or something. I also don't believe Jyn has anything to do with anything Skywalker

i hope you are wrong. sometimes the safest route is the best

gotta give us skywalker fans something to hold onto once they off luke

im hoping luke is the father and the next mystery would be whos her mother and why did they abandon her in the first place.

and then maybe an aged jyn appears in episode 9 revealing shes her mom but shes part of the first order now.

Obi Wan has been in every single film. "Last appeared in 77" Maaaaaaaan if you don't.... :lol:

Obi-wan as a force ghost that only Luke could see in Empire and Jedi is him being in episode V and VI? Maaaaaaaaaaaan if you don't..... :lol:

i hope you are wrong. sometimes the safest route is the best

gotta give us skywalker fans something to hold onto once they off luke

im hoping luke is the father and the next mystery would be whos her mother and why did they abandon her in the first place.

and then maybe an aged jyn appears in episode 9 revealing shes her mom but shes part of the first order now.

I mean Skywalker is not only the most marketable name in Star Wars but probably in cinema history. Disney is not gonna make a new Star Wars saga and not have the protagonist have that last name. I'm really feeling like Jyn has to be Rey's mom just because I feel like they can't just drop a character that important in episode 8 or 9 and recite you her backstory. We have Luke, we know his story. He's the last great Jedi. The woman he conceived a child with has to be of importance too and not just baby mama. They're making Jyn awfully important which is weird since implications are that she along with other rebels die at the end of Rogue one.

The symbolism in TFA is so amazing and will only get better with time. Anyone ever notice how Rey's speeder looks just like Luke's? Or how Kylie hands his lightsaber to his father before he embraces the dark side and Rey hands the lightsaber to....her father to embrace the light. Beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom