Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not disrespecting NT23 at all. He's talking about stories he hasn't read, I have, every single one.

It's his choice to ignore them, that's his call, but to blindly follow Lucas is very sad to me. Tragic even.
Being Disrespectful to Lucas the creator, I feel the exact same way. Which is why I was thrilled when it was based of his treatments.

**** Lucas. He's worthless after the original idea of it all. He hasn't done anything but screw up since.

He screwed up a PRE-TOLD story. Do you realize how incompetent you have to be to do that?????

Obi Wan said FLAT OUT, Vader turned and betrayed, and hunted down the Jedi. Dude, he killed ******* kids. KIDS. The only Jedi he fought kicked his ******* ***.

He screwed up his own story dude. Think about that.

He didn't screw up anything. You're mad because he screwed up WHAT YOU WANTED, what YOU think was better. Star Wars isn't yours to decide what story to tell.

I'm not disrespecting NT23 at all. He's talking about stories he hasn't read, I have, every single one.

It's his choice to ignore them, that's his call, but to blindly follow Lucas is very sad to me. Tragic even.

:lol: Why would I not follow Lucas blindy about Star Wars when he's the creator? It's HIS story, good or bad. It it's the story HE wanted to tell. If you can't accept that, then you can't accept Star Wars.

Maybe because I've read every single book there is, so I can make an informed opinion? *shrugs*

Your opinion isn't any more informed than mine because what you read is irrelevant in the official story, sorry.

Last edited:
**** Lucas. He's worthless after the original idea of it all. He hasn't done anything but screw up since.

He screwed up a PRE-TOLD story. Do you realize how incompetent you have to be to do that?????

Obi Wan said FLAT OUT, Vader turned and betrayed, and hunted down the Jedi. Dude, he killed ******* kids. KIDS. The only Jedi he fought kicked his ******* ***.

It's pretty well know In-between ROTS And ANH he hunted down the remaining jedi.

Your problem is that he didn't show it in the Flim right?

It's pretty well know In-between ROTS And ANH he hunted down the remaining jedi.

Yes I know he's mad they didn't show that.

George ultimately prioritized what he thought was more important to show on the screen. I accept that, he doesn't.

You're mad because he didn't tell the story YOU wanted to hear, or the story YOU thought would be better. It's HIS work.

Do you think I'm the only one?

Are you new to the story as a whole? Have you ever looked up the venom there is out there for him?

Ever ask someone about the "edited" versions of the originals?

Not casual fans, real, true fans of the franchise. I promise you, you're in the minority. Lucas is not well thought of by any of us.

Yes I know he's mad they didn't show that.

George ultimately prioritized what he thought was more important to show on the screen. I accept that, he doesn't.

Yes, he prioritized Anakin and Boba Fett as 8 year olds, and Darth Vader killing kids and getting his *** kicked by Obi Wan. :lol:

You're mad because he didn't tell the story YOU wanted to hear, or the story YOU thought would be better. It's HIS work.

Are you new to the story as a whole? Have you ever looked up the venom there is out there for him?

Not casual fans, real, true fans of the franchise. I promise you, you're in the minority. Lucas is not well thought of by any of us.

I know well how many of you there are, but just because you're more vocal doesn't make you right. I listen to the podcasts, I check the sites, I view the forums. I also know there are plenty out there that are die hards as well that also think like me. I'm a die hard too, and all I know is the official projects Geroge created and that's all that's needed to be a die hard. Because you read every EU book out there, that makes you more informed or more of a fan than me? I'm sorry you're not, because all that other stuff is irrelevant.

There are well respected fans out there that think like me, Kyle Newman for example, or Pablo Hidalgo, or Dave Filoni.

Last edited:

I swear you fans wouldn't say it to this mans face :rofl: :lol:

Last edited:

No, there are tons of things.

8 year old Anakin
8 year old Fett
Jar Jar
Maul 15 minutes
Anakin building 3-P0
Obi Wan not remembering droids
Qui Gon's worthlessness
The acting he wasted
Dialogue
Green screens
Viceroy
Padme "Vader" stuff
Clone Wars being miniscule in the films so much, they had to make cartoons to fix it.
Clones being Fett's "dad".
Etc

I swear you fans wouldn't say it to this mans face :rofl: :lol:

Wanna ******* bet? I dream of the day.

Unfortunately then you're not a fan of George's Star Wars, you're a fan of somebody else's Star Wars.

Last edited:

I know well how many of you there are, but just because you're more vocal doesn't make you right. I listen to the podcasts, I check the sites, I view the forums. I also know there are plenty out there that are die hards as well that also think like me. I'm a die hard too, and all I know is the official projects Geroge created and that's all that's needed to be a die hard. Because you read every EU book out there, that makes you more informed or more of a fan than me? I'm sorry you're not, because all that other stuff is irrelevant.

There are well respected fans out there that think like me, Kyle Newman for example, or Pablo Hidalgo, or Dave Filoni.

You aren't Star Wars fans, you're Lucas fans. And you enjoy mediocre work instead of the greatness that was out there.

Do you even grasp the books are what kept the franchise alive? From 1983 to 91 there was nothing. The books brought the franchise forward. Not Lucas. Do you get that?

Sorry to break it to you CP but if you're not a fan of what George created, you're not a Star Wars fan. It's time you admit it.

:lol: whatever dude. Just because he created the original story doesn't mean everything comes from him.

Empire Strikes Back is the best film, and he didn't even do that one. There are tons of people that created that universe, not just George.

Leigh Brackett died in 78 and Lucas didn't use any ideas she had. She's just credited.
Yes Kasdan did help but all the major themes,new Chararters,Plot-twist came from Lucas :wink:

So, story outline. And that's it. Great.

He wrote and directed the prequels himself. Notice the difference in them? :nerd:

This isn't difficult to see man.

Did more than the story outline :wink: We all know Lucas is weak at writing so Kasdan was brought in to help which he did greatly(Mostly in Hans dialogue top notch stuff)

Kasdan helped with Jedi as well, and I believe he's working on 7 also.

Kasdan has likely done more for SW than Lucas in terms of critical success.

Look, James Naismith created basketball, but that doesn't mean the NBA today is lesser or worse than the game he created. The sport evolved.

NFL 1967 is not the NFL we'll watch tomorrow.

George created a great story. Great story. That by no means means every detail comes from his mind nor should it.
Look thru this thread for the Mark Hamill, Kevin Smith, JJ Abrams video. Hamill BEGGED Lucas to use one hand with the lightsaber. Lucas told him no, must use two hands.

Lucas makes prequels, 1 handed lightsaber fights one after another.

I don't think you guys understand that. He "borrows" bits and pieces just like anything else. Hell, I already pointed out inconsistencies he had in his own story. He had his two main characters make out, then label them brother and sister after the fact. :lol: :lol:

Not all of the EU is perfect. Plenty of stuff is good to be erased. But there is also A TON of great stuff that indirectly came from Lucasfilm. Zahn started it all (with George's permission) and carried the franchise that was dormant for a decade. Best sellers, one after another, because of fans like myself. That showed Lucas there was demand for new stories, and he finally broke down and started the prequels, which he basically bombed. (3 was pretty good at least).

Lucas is just like Naismith, or Vince Gilligan of Breaking Bad. The OG creators, but not every detail comes from their minds. Things evolve, with or without their leadership.

Back
Top Bottom