Starting a business

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

see if you buy some red boxes they make a lot of money

and do some other stuff

Cannot buy redboxes. You can buy DVDNow, which run for about 25k a machine.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

see if you buy some red boxes they make a lot of money

and do some other stuff

Cannot buy redboxes. You can buy DVDNow, which run for about 25k a machine.
grin.gif

take advantage of hungry drunk people stumbling out of bars after last call.

business plan is already written. anyone wanna invest?

Originally Posted by Mr718

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Do you really have 250k to start a business?

Anyways, that's a fools mistake to start with such a large amount. Get business loans and leverage your experiences.

Purchase a few bonds in your company name, wait for those bonds to mature, open a credit card in your business (Amex, Visa) and pay those off with the 250k then you should have business credit to leverage when registering your duns#, bbb etc.

You will only need 50k for an eatery unless you purchase the real-estate etc.
Actually, I have $500k to invest, however I want to keep some more cushion money.  The money won't be available for about 2 months tho, but I'm just brainstorming now.  You make a valid point, any business needs credit. 
Well then, I'm not in the position to tell you what to do with that money, but if I had 250k I would probably go the eatery route with the expectation that I would fail at that.
Or you could invest in one of my businesses I'm trying to get going--always looking for capital
happy.gif

take advantage of hungry drunk people stumbling out of bars after last call.

business plan is already written. anyone wanna invest?

Originally Posted by Mr718

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Do you really have 250k to start a business?

Anyways, that's a fools mistake to start with such a large amount. Get business loans and leverage your experiences.

Purchase a few bonds in your company name, wait for those bonds to mature, open a credit card in your business (Amex, Visa) and pay those off with the 250k then you should have business credit to leverage when registering your duns#, bbb etc.

You will only need 50k for an eatery unless you purchase the real-estate etc.
Actually, I have $500k to invest, however I want to keep some more cushion money.  The money won't be available for about 2 months tho, but I'm just brainstorming now.  You make a valid point, any business needs credit. 
Well then, I'm not in the position to tell you what to do with that money, but if I had 250k I would probably go the eatery route with the expectation that I would fail at that.
Or you could invest in one of my businesses I'm trying to get going--always looking for capital
happy.gif

You should first try to find something you enjoy, or definitely believe in. It's going to be rough starting up a business (I'm in the process of doing so myself).
Got to have that belief that your business will make it; because if you don't, who will?

You should first try to find something you enjoy, or definitely believe in. It's going to be rough starting up a business (I'm in the process of doing so myself).
Got to have that belief that your business will make it; because if you don't, who will?

id say go the franchise route. the companies are already established and so is the market. the companies give u all of the materials, skills, and training needed to successfully run a business

id say go the franchise route. the companies are already established and so is the market. the companies give u all of the materials, skills, and training needed to successfully run a business

Find a way to open a McDonald's franchise near high schools that don't already have them. Or Chipotle places. Anyplace where kids are addicted to the food 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Find a way to open a McDonald's franchise near high schools that don't already have them. Or Chipotle places. Anyplace where kids are addicted to the food 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I would start a small clothing/shoe boutique with more rare, high-end designers like bringing some brands from Japan. There is a market for it and the mark-up can be huge. Similar to stores like Black Bird Ballard or Nomad.

I would start a small clothing/shoe boutique with more rare, high-end designers like bringing some brands from Japan. There is a market for it and the mark-up can be huge. Similar to stores like Black Bird Ballard or Nomad.

Knowing that 3o percent of new businesses fail within that first year. I think I would go the real estate route first, invest in a smaller apartment complex 1:nerd:-2ook and let that residual income slide down. ROI in a few years and gives you time to find out what business you'd really like to get into. shrug.

Knowing that 3o percent of new businesses fail within that first year. I think I would go the real estate route first, invest in a smaller apartment complex 1:nerd:-2ook and let that residual income slide down. ROI in a few years and gives you time to find out what business you'd really like to get into. shrug.

Back
Top Bottom