Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

How important is it to your diet to eat six meals a day? Is it an absolute necessity? I feel like if I eat that many times daily I intake more calories than I do by only eating like this:

Breakfast (8:30 AM)- 1 packet of oatmeal and 1 protein shake (~64g protein)
Lunch (1 PM)- 6 inch oven roasted chicken breast/turkey sub from subway
Dinner (7:30 PM)- Turkey wrap or chicken breast, or chicken marinara w/ broccoli cafe steamer.
Post workout- Protein shake (~64g protein)

PS- I just started a cut.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

that abercrombie work out dont even got dead lifts..........................not in any of the phases

i cant take them serious.
let me make a slight confession about this abercrombie workout. a few months back i posted a before and after pic (lost 30 lbs). i only did the 3rd phase of the abercrombie workout but tweaked it to personalize my body composition. but basically i lost my weight from doing the cardio part. so i would lift 3 to 4 times a week (not heavy lifting, just did back/bi one day, chest/tri, and legs/abs). on days that i lifted, i jogged 20 minutes before lifting, and jogged 20 minutes after lifting. on days i was not lifting, i did 10 to 12 minutes of HIIT first thing in the morning. i did this for over a month and then school started. before i knew it, all my clothes looked huge on me and i started wearing mediums and smalls. because i was freaked out of gaining weight again, i got heavy into leangains.com and started to do intermittent fasting to maintain my weight and sanity. so since august until today, i've only hit the gym 10 to 15 times (grad school has literally kept me out of the gym). and ive flucuated in weight 5 lbs.

long story short, for the heavy guys out there, quickest (and most rewarding) way to lose weight is cardio and lifting heavy. i lifted sorta heavy (have a left shoulder that dislocates alot) so i lost alot of weight but have average definition. i'm 5'6" 170 lbs now (lowest was 164) and i weighed 205lbs may 2009.

ps. try being asian and going into the locker rooms at the ymca. i swear every dude be checking out my junk to see if the stereotype is true, and of course i can't be a %%%#+ and walk around with the towel wrapped around my waist. i know theyre all saying "he has an average size, but damn his balls are big".

I'm trying to do the p90x challenge. Anyone know where I can buy it at? pm me 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by chickhien

that abercrombie work out dont even got dead lifts..........................not in any of the phases

i cant take them serious.
let me make a slight confession about this abercrombie workout. a few months back i posted a before and after pic (lost 30 lbs). i only did the 3rd phase of the abercrombie workout but tweaked it to personalize my body composition. but basically i lost my weight from doing the cardio part. so i would lift 3 to 4 times a week (not heavy lifting, just did back/bi one day, chest/tri, and legs/abs). on days that i lifted, i jogged 20 minutes before lifting, and jogged 20 minutes after lifting. on days i was not lifting, i did 10 to 12 minutes of HIIT first thing in the morning. i did this for over a month and then school started. before i knew it, all my clothes looked huge on me and i started wearing mediums and smalls. because i was freaked out of gaining weight again, i got heavy into leangains.com and started to do intermittent fasting to maintain my weight and sanity. so since august until today, i've only hit the gym 10 to 15 times (grad school has literally kept me out of the gym). and ive flucuated in weight 5 lbs.

long story short, for the heavy guys out there, quickest (and most rewarding) way to lose weight is cardio and lifting heavy. i lifted sorta heavy (have a left shoulder that dislocates alot) so i lost alot of weight but have average definition. i'm 5'6" 170 lbs now (lowest was 164) and i weighed 205lbs may 2009.

ps. try being asian and going into the locker rooms at the ymca. i swear every dude be checking out my junk to see if the stereotype is true, and of course i can't be a %%%#+ and walk around with the towel wrapped around my waist. i know theyre all saying "he has an average size, but damn his balls are big".

roll.gif
too much real life.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

makes me love my gym even more

huge individual showers with kiehls products

no naked old men running around

perfect
Where the @%%! do you workout dude? That sounds sick. 
pimp.gif

The nicest gym I've worked out in was Sports & Health in Montgomery County, but they didn't have Kiehl's products.
laugh.gif
 Most of the gyms I work out in don't even have soap in the showers. 
equinox its def very nice
lots of eye candy too, from girls my age to milfs 
pimp.gif

i never been to one but thats like a rich ppl gym, i bet.

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by chickhien

roll.gif
too much real life.

laugh.gif

Can someone help me with a workout routine?
Heres a little background info:

-Ive never really worked out regularly, except some mild running in high school.

-Im 6' and 180lbs, so Im not really out of shape, but Im not in great shape either.

-Since graduating from design school, I am searching for a job, and I have a lot more time on my hands than Ive had in a long while. Ive decided to dedicate it to getting myself into a somewhat good physique.

-I want to focus on upper body strength and increasing muscle mass, and perhaps increasing my vertical jump.

Of course, regular running will be involved. Could someone point me in the direction of the appropriate exercises?

^
Check out Scott Herman on Youtube. He gets straight to the point and shows you good workouts, with proper form etc. Not everyone is a fan of his, he does look like a douche but he gets the job done. Pause.

Trying to work on my posture but don't know where to start. Can some of you guys give me some things I can do without having to buy any type of products and not seeing any trainers or anything. Problems are a weak upper and middle back, tight hamstrings and tight hip flexors. Anyone who can give me some insight I have a thread with a little more detail on what I'm looking for. Would appreciate any kind of help and know a few other guys on here will too.  http://niketalk.yuku.com/reply/10176054#reply-10176054

What's the temp in your guys gym mine is like 65 downstairs with a breeze (b/c of the huge fan) and 70 upstairs the upstairs is fine but downstairs is stupid ill get off the treadmill go try to do some lifting downstairs and I will be freezing b/c of all my sweat, i starting to get head aches and stuff its so cold I have to literally get in the saun to warm up

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

Quick question...Do you guys drink your protein shakes on off days?

I do twice a day whether I work out or not. Your muscles are still growing
When do you drink them exactly?

Originally Posted by Ginzo

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

Quick question...Do you guys drink your protein shakes on off days?

I do twice a day whether I work out or not. Your muscles are still growing
When do you drink them exactly?

Morning and night. I try to get the 2nd one but that doesn't always happen. Always get my morning protein though.

[bro science] Can I use beta alanine AND jack3d??? [bro science]

real question though... I mean, how much beta alanine is in jack3d??

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

perfect
pimp.gif

The nicest gym I've worked out in was Sports & Health in Montgomery County, but they didn't have Kiehl's products.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Why don't you just use your school gym? 
i do, im in boston for winter break though so i use my equinox membership when im here (whole family goes there)
Al Audi wrote:
JOE CAMEL SMOOTH wrote:
PersiaFly wrote:
JOE CAMEL SMOOTH wrote:

perfect

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

i never been to one but thats like a rich ppl gym, i bet.

yeah its nice u should check it out, i think they still do 7 day trial memberships for free, try and pick up a rich in shape chick 
pimp.gif

btw u ate no carbs today thinking of starting off the semester in full keto mode and see how that goes

getting shredded is the goal obviously
im craving carbs so badly already though 
tired.gif

btw u ate no carbs today thinking of starting off the semester in full keto mode and see how that goes

tired.gif

Craving? You soft joe

tired.gif
Dry pressed cottage cheese + PB or Almond butter or cashew butter = heaven while going low carb. Only thing is the cottage cheese causes some serious water retention but atleast it'll help you stick to the diet.

im going dairy free but good suggestion for the future

just had lamb it was delicious i guess i was just hungry not neccessarily craving carbs

im bad at sticking to low carb diets and i have trouble distinguishing the two feelings sometimes

well see how this goes, maybe ill do 1 day low 1 day high, so not keto but still effective....maybe

Back
Top Bottom