Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

By getting your heart rate up pre workout do you burn more calories during your lift?

Not to my knowledge, working out is working out......it's just good to get it pumping before you hit the weights, it's like a jump start, and you won't feel to exhausted because your muscles are awake and ready to go.

some days, if you walk in the gym without doing a little cardio first, when it comes to lifting you can feel drained, or a little fatigued....even if you got extra sleep at night, that's how muscles work, they're not going to always be in 100% mode, but a little cardio before hand can help on that slow day.

that abercrombie work out dont even got dead lifts..........................not in any of the phases

i cant take them serious.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Is it better to do cardio before or after lifting?

most people will tell you before, it get's your heart rate pumping, almost like a pre-game warm-up.

I always do it after, I put my energy into lifting then the rest goes into cardio...but now I'm going to do it differently and try to do cardio beforehand.

5-10 minute jog/elliptical (sp?) to get the blood flowing before a workout.

Cardio should be after, so you have energy to do your workout.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by cguy610

When ya'll post progress pics, can ya'll put them in spoilers. Thx.

they intimidate you?

this is a fitness thread.

Nah, I'd like a warning before I scroll down and see a guy with no shirt on.  (Or at least wear some clothes in your progress pics)

I realized I cant workout legs early in the morning, I get burnt out quick
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

most people will tell you before, it get's your heart rate pumping, almost like a pre-game warm-up.

I always do it after, I put my energy into lifting then the rest goes into cardio...but now I'm going to do it differently and try to do cardio beforehand.

5-10 minute jog/elliptical (sp?) to get the blood flowing before a workout.

Cardio should be after, so you have energy to do your workout.
i didnt say a jog or run, i was thinking other cardio activities...a run can be intense....and even so you still can take a brief break after that and hit the weights.....im not talking about a lonnnnng run, something to just start you up.

they intimidate you?

Nah, I'd like a warning before I scroll down and see a guy with his no shirt on.  (Or at least wear some clothes in your progress pics)

Homophobes gonna phobe

sais you have a way too developed body to waste your time with gimmicky workouts.....abercrombie workout? come on son

depending on how many days a week you can lift a bunch of us in this thread could point you towards a better one.
cguy610 wrote:
Al Audi wrote:
cguy610 wrote:

they intimidate you?

Nah, I'd like a warning before I scroll down and see a guy with his no shirt on.  (Or at least wear some clothes in your progress pics)

LMAO please think about what you just wrote

they intimidate you?

Nah, I'd like a warning before I scroll down and see a guy with no shirt on.  (Or at least wear some clothes in your progress pics)

this has to be one of the stupidest things ive read on Niketalk

Originally Posted by Club29

they intimidate you?

this has to be one of the stupidest things ive read on Niketalk

Nah, you can at least wear a wifebeater in your progress pics.  

Here's the order that is recommended by Thomas Kurz:
General Warm Up (light cardio to raise core temperature)

Workout Specific Warm Up(Ramping up to your work sets)

Strength Training Workout

Stretching/Cool Down

I'd say its best to do light cardio before, as a warm up. Do your actual cardio session after.

I can't believe this dude really suggested progress pics with shirts on. How the hell are you supposed to see the progress?
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

(-_-) how do you even go in to the gym lockers? insecure much

nah but to be honest..i still can't bring myself to gettin naked in the gym showers with men.
I don't take showers in the gym either. It just seems unsanitary to me for some reason
laugh.gif

On another note, why is it that old dudes always wanna walk around the locker room naked!? All I do is SMH and keep it moving. The lease they can do is wear a towel...

Dude who posted about people wearing a shirt in this thread is definitely homophobic though...
tired.gif

The old man topic is occasionally brought up.
Why the HELL can't they throw a towel on>??????

I think 50 years ago the YMCA pools allowed nude swimming. and I'm not kidding.

Finally got to 190 today, don't wanna get below 185 but hopefully I can get a few more pounds lighter while keeping my numbers up since huge testing is coming soon. 5'9 btw.

Finally got to 190 today, don't wanna get below 185 but hopefully I can get a few more pounds lighter while keeping my numbers up since huge testing is coming soon. 5'9 btw.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

makes me love my gym even more

huge individual showers with kiehls products

no naked old men running around

perfect
Where the @%%! do you workout dude? That sounds sick. 
pimp.gif

The nicest gym I've worked out in was Sports & Health in Montgomery County, but they didn't have Kiehl's products.
laugh.gif
 Most of the gyms I work out in don't even have soap in the showers. 

Can somebody help me out here. I'm a noob when it comes to weightlifting and supplements and what not. Anyways can somebody recommend a basic starting point and a supplement to start with. I tired google and what not but there's so many options and workout plans I just get confused. I'll read one thing and then read something completely different.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

perfect
pimp.gif

The nicest gym I've worked out in was Sports & Health in Montgomery County, but they didn't have Kiehl's products.
laugh.gif
equinox its def very nice
lots of eye candy too, from girls my age to milfs 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

perfect
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
equinox its def very nice
lots of eye candy too, from girls my age to milfs 
pimp.gif
Why don't you just use your school gym? 

Back
Top Bottom