STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

It's simple, holding things with your hands more open puts them at more of a mechanical disadvantage forcing them to work harder. Yes those grips will help your grip strength.

hows this ratio for my lifts?

bench - 205 for 5
squat - 205 for 5
dl - 315 for 5

and im 5 10 and weigh about 150 last time i checked

Your bench and your squat being the same is really really weird.

My theory would've been that maybe your lower body is just untrained but then you say at the bottom you have a 315 deadlift...

Last edited:
i know quite a few people that bench more than they squat. if you wanna talk squatting parallel or lower, 95% of the people in the gym bench more than they squat :lol:

Your bench and your squat being the same is really really weird.

My theory would've been that maybe your lower body is just untrained but then you say at the bottom you have a 315 deadlift...

I hit legs tho that's the thing. If it matters i push 475 on leg press

a friend and i were watching this fat guy doing leg press with about 10 plates each side (terrible ROM). i said a little too loudly "it's not even impressive when you're pushing only 1x your body weight". we both laughed until the fat guy looked at us with the evil eye :lol:

Leg Press is such a ego machine for so many. I see guys load it up to do half *** reps all day. Makes no sense

I never really do 1 legged leg press anymore. I usually do it 1 leg at a time... It hits my hamstrings, and glutes harder. Takes away from the hip drive with 1 leg.

a friend and i were watching this fat guy doing leg press with about 10 plates each side (terrible ROM). i said a little too loudly "it's not even impressive when you're pushing only 1x your body weight". we both laughed until the fat guy looked at us with the evil eye :lol:

Lots of ppl have terrible rom in the gym. They put on od weight and barely push that ****

Gonna start hitting the heavy bag at the gym What do I need to buy to protect mg knuckles? LighT/UFC gloves?

So I weighed myself at the gym with one of those doctor scales. Last week I was 182. Weighed in at 179.5

Goal is about a pound or two a week, so 2.5 is great but wanted to see its accuracy. Took a 30lb kettlebell and it weighed in at 31.5. So essentially...the scale is weighing it 1.5 lbs heavier than it actually is...so then I should be 178?

Is my method correct or am I missing something.

Gonna start hitting the heavy bag at the gym What do I need to buy to protect mg knuckles? LighT/UFC gloves?

Hell no, not som UFC thin gloves. Get real boxing gloves, some Everlast that atleast has velcro on the wrist so it doesnt snap. Get some wrist wraps as well and learn how to tie them correctly. Also an interval timer will help with your sets. 30 seconds on/ 30 seconds off. You can evetually buildip to say 2 minute rounds with 30 seconds rest or whatever.

So I weighed myself at the gym with one of those doctor scales. Last week I was 182. Weighed in at 179.5

Goal is about a pound or two a week, so 2.5 is great but wanted to see its accuracy. Took a 30lb kettlebell and it weighed in at 31.5. So essentially...the scale is weighing it 1.5 lbs heavier than it actually is...so then I should be 178?

Is my method correct or am I missing something.

Or maybe the kettleball isn't exactly 30 lbs

Im making progress, good enough for me. I just like to be accurate. Different calibrations will throw off my progress numbers. I could aim for 178 when in 178 already right now.

Edit:

Took a 25lb plate and yep, its 26.5 on the scale. 178 it is.

Last edited:
[quote name="Frank [/quote]

Does that train your neck? I want a thicker neck. How many reps and what weight should I start out at?[/quote]

Always been afraid to do this mike Tyson neck workout. Afraid it'll snap lol

Back
Top Bottom