STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

starting lifting in jan 2015 @ 130 lb.

bench was at 90 lb 
laugh.gif

ending the year at 150 lb repping 170 lb on the bench. 
pimp.gif

its crazy how much your body changes ***.

I'm not a beginner lifter, but I am getting older.
more running is being done for cardio, My technique is getting better, i'm getting deeper, and also getting stronger. but these knees have years on them. The support is needed. leg workouts need a bit extra support now.

Why do you need knee sleeves?
is every comment you make going to be a question with no answer to back it up or reason to why you ask?

Cause Instagram
are all your answers/comments just sarcasm now? (even if it was half way a defense)

Last edited:
I'm not a beginner lifter, but I am getting older.
more running is being done for cardio, My technique is getting better, i'm getting deeper, and also getting stronger. but these knees have years on them. The support is needed. leg workouts need a bit extra support now.

Why do you need knee sleeves?
is every comment you make going to be a question with no answer to back it up or reason to why you ask?

Cause Instagram
are all your answers/comments just sarcasm now? (even if it was half way a defense)

I cant ask a question? I need to have an answer to every question I ask?

Ive got my own personal feelings about knee sleeves and things like that, but im in no position to tell someone else what they should or shouldnt wear.

I cant ask a question? I need to have an answer to every question I ask?

Ive got my own personal feelings about knee sleeves and things like that, but im in no position to tell someone else what they should or shouldnt wear.
But you do it damn near every post.
Like i have no personal problem with you or anything. but all your post just come off sort of snide when you ask a question, leave it at that and never back it up. (I understand if you're not cruising NT all day to answer questions.)but geez lol
If you have a personal reason to why you ask just tell us. (that's what this thread is for, share your experience, like or dislike.)
This whole thead is made up of opinions lol offer it!

Last edited:
i wear knee sleeves because it's very difficult for me to squat without it. i can barely do an air squat without knee sleeves. had an mri done and doc said my knees are really arthritic.

So I found out my hip flexor is whats giving me trouble. I can half squat, and maybe 3/4th front squat before I feel some pain. Gonna lay off of it for a few more weeks. Gonna strengthen the hammies and work out my legs on the spin bike to keep my strength up.

Sucks bros.

actually just got the rehbands want to test them against my sbds (which have nice battle wounds/holes now).

might just use them on oly days since they're not as stiff.

Rehbands are kinda cool I guess

Fair warning, they get loose over time

I bought a size smaller than the recommended sizing chart and I still have to pull then up all the time.

I really liked the fit when I first started using them. Just unfortunate it couldn't stay tight.

If anyone can recommend knee sleeves that continue to fit well over time, I'd love to hear it.

Last edited:
I know bigboss likes the SBD brand

i just want to make sure i get some decent ones, also need to check out what size I am. I almost just got a large bdcause Ididnt know, I'll head down to the Olympia store today to find out.

SBD da kings boiiiiii

I use the Slingshot ones for elbow sleeves and they seem like they'd be decent for squatting. Id compare them to Rehbands. 

So I found out my hip flexor is whats giving me trouble. I can half squat, and maybe 3/4th front squat before I feel some pain. Gonna lay off of it for a few more weeks. Gonna strengthen the hammies and work out my legs on the spin bike to keep my strength up.

Sucks bros.

I have always had hip flexor issues. My hip clicks on my right side when i open and shut the gate as we say in soccer (pick up knee swing it to the right and put it down and then pick up knee and bring it back in kind of opening and closing the hip). The little research i did it seems to be just a nuisance type thing that causes pain but nothing structural.

But due to that i can't really squat with a wide stance like i see some power lifters doing. My stance is maybe wider then shoulder width but if it is, only by a small amount. I am still able to hit depth but so far my most powerful postioning for my body seems to be a little bit of forward lean and pushing through my midfoot more then my heal. My hip hurts basically every time i squat but im kind of used to it at this point since its been like this for years

starting lifting in jan 2015 @ 130 lb.

bench was at 90 lb 
laugh.gif

ending the year at 150 lb repping 170 lb on the bench. 
pimp.gif

its crazy how much your body changes ***.
Congratulations! I put on roughly 20lbs myself and for he first time, benching above my weight. Struggle reps at 135 in February. Looking to push 200 by NYE. Overall body strength has went through the roof, but I'm really just enjoying the process. Results will come, but you GOTTA enjoy the journey.

Oh, and tried Quest protein for the first time: lawd. Is there anything they don't do right?

Last edited:
Oh well, Costco has a coupon for $9 off MP Combat. $35 for 5 lbs. Gonna stock up on a few of those instead. 

Oh well, Costco has a coupon for $9 off MP Combat. $35 for 5 lbs. Gonna stock up on a few of those instead. 

If my gnc gets cancelled ill roll and get that. Their coupons are always manufacturers so price is automatic at register

That gnc coupon for 10 off 20 doesnt work. But if ur gnc dude is cool he'll honor it. 8 combat bars for a 16 .

edit GNC CANCELLED

Last edited:
GNC cancelled my BCAA but not my protein yet.

I ordered Vanilla, I wonder if you guys ordered the chocolate but I'm not tripping if they do can my **** cause I have enough to last me for a bit but once they do restock Ima call back with my order number and demand they price match my ****

GNC cancelled my BCAA but not my protein yet.

I ordered Vanilla, I wonder if you guys ordered the chocolate but I'm not tripping if they do can my **** cause I have enough to last me for a bit but once they do restock Ima call back with my order number and demand they price match my ****

I got vanilla and mine got cancelled earlier today

All this protein talk is sweet!

Should I take it before or after I lift? 

Back
Top Bottom