STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

All I would say is practice. I can front squat 275 now. Start with just the bar. Three middle fingers hooked under. Thumb and pinky touching each other. Hands just outside your shoulder width. Just hold it for a bunch. Relax the fingers.

It feels as sexy as it sounds.
feels like u just made me tingly on da inside 

Bro, you are like the fitness wizard.

:rofl: not yet. Just finishing up my kinesiology degree and fitness certifications. I literally finished an extensive course in fitness prescription this spring, so all that stuff is still really fresh in my mind

I was gonna say, you must work in the field or going to. Good job papi.

JPS JPS

I use the cross arm method too on my front squats. I can do the elbow out way for a while but after a few sets I'm over it.

Running alone won't help you lose much weight though.

Some more math for you.....

Let's say you weigh 180lbs and you wanna lose 10lbs just from running. And let's say you run or jog at the standard 7 MET intensity for 45 mins at a time, 3 days a week.....

7 mets(3.5)(81.81 kg's)/ 1,000 X 5kcal = about 10 calories burned per minute. Multiply that times 45 minutes then multiply that by 3 times per week and you've burned 1,350 calories per week from that running. You wanted to lose ten lbs? 3500 calories in 1 lb, so 10 lbs you would need to burn 35,000 calories. Take that 35,000 calories you want to burn and divide it by those 1,350 that you burn per week from running........

It would take you almost 26 weeks to lose 10 lbs, from running for 45 mins 3 times a week.

Without adding in your RMR of course
fam can you pass that equation to a youngin so i can predict what i gotta do for the next 3 months lol

@uTep2Step

For how many calories you burn a day at rest/without activity :

3.5 X (your weight in kilograms) /1000 X 5 X 60 X 24

For how many calories a certain activity burns, it's more difficult to assess if it's something other than running. But in general you can google the MET equivalent of activities and you'll see a huge list (running, weight lifting etc).

So take the METS of an activity X 3.5 X(your weight in kilograms)/1000 X 5 X however many minutes you do that activity X however many days a week you do that activity. That will give you the calories an activity burns in a week.

For the amount of weight you want to lose:

1 lb= 3500 calories. However many lbs you wanna lose, multiply that by 3500 and that's the amount of calories you need to either burn, or eat less than you currently eat.

If you have that number of calories that you need to burn to lose your goal amount of weight, just divide that number by the amount of calories you burn in a week from whatever activity you calculated above and that will tell you how many weeks it will take you to lose the weight from that activity.

Did any of that make sense haha?

@uTep2Step

For how many calories you burn a day at rest/without activity :

3.5 X (your weight in kilograms) /1000 X 5 X 60 X 24

For how many calories a certain activity burns, it's more difficult to assess if it's something other than running. But in general you can google the MET equivalent of activities and you'll see a huge list (running, weight lifting etc).

So take the METS of an activity X 3.5 X(your weight in kilograms)/1000 X 5 X however many minutes you do that activity X however many days a week you do that activity. That will give you the calories an activity burns in a week.

For the amount of weight you want to lose:

1 lb= 3500 calories. However many lbs you wanna lose, multiply that by 3500 and that's the amount of calories you need to either burn, or eat less than you currently eat.

If you have that number of calories that you need to burn to lose your goal amount of weight, just divide that number by the amount of calories you burn in a week from whatever activity you calculated above and that will tell you how many weeks it will take you to lose the weight from that activity.

Did any of that make sense haha?
thank you i gotta sit down with a calculator lol but i just gotta lose 25 by september lol, i can do it i know it 

Last edited by a moderator:

yeah, this has been proved wrong over and over again 
laugh.gif

I was running this morning due to the estimates of professor Calibeebee.
then this song comes on spotify's beast mode playlist

Have I been missing out on some of this down south music all these years....... shame on me when I live in VA

Last edited:
I tried this vegan shake this morning, mixed with water. It smelled pretty bad, but I thought that maybe the taste would be okay because some of the protein powders I've had in the past were just like that. On my life, this is hands down the most disgusting powdered drink I've ever tried. I had to pour the rest of the cup into the sink after a couple of sips. I don't know if I can finish the tub, man. Maybe I should try soy or almond milk because water is definitely not the way to go with this.  

Last edited:
Well I figure this is the best place to ask this.

Yesterday I dislocated my shoulder, it came up and out behind me. Pretty bummed since lifting lately has became a pretty big part of my life. Recently down 20 lbs in the last few months and starting to see some great progress.

Has anyone else been through a shoulder dislocation that can tell me how their recovery went and how long before they were able to be back in the gym? Also any trouble with certain lifts afterwards?

Have a appointment with an ortho this week and will start PT, just seeing if anyone else has been through this and has any advice.

Yesterday I dislocated my shoulder, it came up and out behind me. Pretty bummed since lifting lately has became a pretty big part of my life. Recently down 20 lbs in the last few months and starting to see some great progress.

Has anyone else been through a shoulder dislocation that can tell me how their recovery went and how long before they were able to be back in the gym? Also any trouble with certain lifts afterwards?

Have a appointment with an ortho this week and will start PT, just seeing if anyone else has been through this and has any advice.
I've dislocated my shoulder in the past. The dislocations are not really a big deal to be honest. My weak side still pops out from time to time doing flys but other than that I don't even think about it. I was back in the gym as soon as the pain was gone which didn't take long at all.

Shoulder dislocations...no, sorry

I've had an AC separation - it's where the collarbone meets the shoulder blade - but that's not a true shoulder dislocation

Hurts like a mother and it took me 3 months to recover lol

Last edited:
My right shoulder pops out from time to time. I just pay attention to keeping it in from now on and no problems.

Heppens on lat raises and the one where you push the bar up while its anchored like if you were doing t bar rows.

You guys sound so casual on shoulder dislocations

*prays

*throws salt over the shoulder

*etc etc

I snatch so I hope that ish never happens to me :lol:

Dislocated my shoulder a few years ago.

it took a while to get the mobility back to back squat.

My advice is to just wait until you're good and healed to even do something that might compromise your shoulder again.

You guys sound so casual on shoulder dislocations

*prays

*throws salt over the shoulder

*etc etc

I snatch so I hope that ish never happens to me :lol:

Dislocated mine in HS football. Then two other times while playing pickup basketball. Missed about a month the 1st dislocation, then about a week each other one.

Never had any probs with lifting. Only jerky movements outside my normal range of motion, like trying to externally rotate my shoulder too far. They say I shouldn't do dips, but I haven't had any pain or issues with them. You should be fine

Back
Top Bottom