STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

The other day at was at one of the 24s I got to (since they have the heavier dumbbells, rubberized, too) and I saw a dude tie rubber bands around the 125s. He was tying 5lb plates to the ends using those thicker bands.

I thought it was genius. I haven't been able to hit the 115lbs since they're not at my usual gym. So I finally found what I was looking for on Amazon and am gonna try the same thing. Would make life easier (just throw 5/10lb plates on the 100 lb dumbbells, never have to worry about gym's missing ****). I'll report back.

I would be scare to try something like this. Lol
Good luck

Last edited:
Thanks, man. I won't be happy til I have a combined total of at least 1000.

Funnily enough, with the exception of bench all my lifts were better last August while weighing 150. I got lazy and took several months off while getting tattooed.

I told Boss I'm going for the 1000 club too by the end of this year. Gonna do it between 150-155lbs :lo

I've got roughly 60-85lbs to go.

what is the max realistic amount of weight that you can lose in a week? actual weight not food and water/inflammation

and does drinking a lot of water help? if so how much?

Last edited by a moderator:
what is the max realistic amount of weight that you can lose in a week? actual weight not food and water/inflammation
and does drinking a lot of water help? if so how much?

1 lb equals a deficit of 3500 calories. So it depends on what your definition of realistic is. why the goal of 1 week?

I'm still not clear on the caloric deficit thing. So if I intake 2400 calories, what do I need to burn in order to follow that rule?

I'm still not clear on the caloric deficit thing. So if I intake 2400 calories, what do I need to burn in order to follow that rule?
Caloric deficit = Eating less or doing a ******** of cardio 
laugh.gif

1 lb equals a deficit of 3500 calories. So it depends on what your definition of realistic is. why the goal of 1 week?
I don't mean that I have one week.I mean it like a weekly avg? How much can I lose weekly? Do I have to burn those calories by pure cardio,or does what the body burn by itself count? Let's say I eat 2000 cal x 7 =14000 + 3500 for 1lb loss.Do I have to burn 17500,or 10000 as the body burn 1000ish a day I believe if not more?

Caloric deficit = Eating less or doing a ******** of cardio :lol:

I think hes asking for the number of cals that he needs to cut down to. Heres a calculator i found on google fam----> https://www.fitwatch.com/calculator/calorie-deficit

I used to do legday twice a week, but recently i either skip legday or do it once a week...my knee feels stiff :rolleyes No pain or anything it just feels like its sore likethe aftermath of banging it on the edge of a table or something. Gona do a big legday this weekend and see how my knee reacts, if anything gonna visit the dr forsure.

question:
When yall squat, how do you guys do the mind to muscle connection to the quads AND hams? For me i can either focus on the quads OR the hams-i cant do both (i hope im asking this right lol)

Nah I just squat. I do front and back squats. I don't think too hard at all anymore. Just want clean form.

I do think about pushing my knees out on the way up I guess. Push out some on the way down push out a lot on the way up. That's all.

Last edited:
I don't mean that I have one week.I mean it like a weekly avg? How much can I lose weekly? Do I have to burn those calories by pure cardio,or does what the body burn by itself count? Let's say I eat 2000 cal x 7 =14000 + 3500 for 1lb loss.Do I have to burn 17500,or 10000 as the body burn 1000ish a day I believe if not more?

How much do you weigh?

Basically you're asking what your resting metabolic rate is yes? I don't know if you're familiar with METS. It's an estimate of how hard someone is working. 1 met equals 3.5 mL oxygen consumed per kg of body weight per minute.

I weigh 169 lbs. divide that by 2.2 and my weight in kgs is about 76.8.

Soooooo take 3.5(1MET) multiply by 76.8( my weight in kg's) divide by 1,000(to convert to Liters) multiply by 5( there are 5 calories per liter of oxygen) multiply by 60 minutes in an hour, multiply by 24 hours in a day........ My resting metabolic rate or how many calories I burn while doing nothing for a day= roughly 1,936.

Last edited:
Running alone won't help you lose much weight though.

Some more math for you.....

Let's say you weigh 180lbs and you wanna lose 10lbs just from running. And let's say you run or jog at the standard 7 MET intensity for 45 mins at a time, 3 days a week.....

7 mets(3.5)(81.81 kg's)/ 1,000 X 5kcal = about 10 calories burned per minute. Multiply that times 45 minutes then multiply that by 3 times per week and you've burned 1,350 calories per week from that running. You wanted to lose ten lbs? 3500 calories in 1 lb, so 10 lbs you would need to burn 35,000 calories. Take that 35,000 calories you want to burn and divide it by those 1,350 that you burn per week from running........

It would take you almost 26 weeks to lose 10 lbs, from running for 45 mins 3 times a week.

Without adding in your RMR of course

Last edited:
any tips for front squat position in terms of grip. My shoulder mobility sucks

Let's say you weigh 180lbs and you wanna lose 10lbs just from running. And let's say you run or jog at the standard 7 MET intensity for 45 mins at a time, 3 days a week.....

7 mets(3.5)(81.81 kg's)/ 1,000 X 5kcal = about 10 calories burned per minute. Multiply that times 45 minutes then multiply that by 3 times per week and you've burned 1,350 calories per week from that running. You wanted to lose ten lbs? 3500 calories in 1 lb, so 10 lbs you would need to burn 35,000 calories. Take that 35,000 calories you want to burn and divide it by those 1,350 that you burn per week from running........

It would take you almost 26 weeks to lose 10 lbs, from running for 45 mins 3 times a week.

good-will-hunting-oral-history-2.jpg

I am lost with the whole diet weight loss thing.I weighed myself on the 16th at 7 lbs less than what I weigh now,and I am exercising 10x more and eating 5x less??? is it possible to gain weight by eating too little? What am I doing wrong?

LL

Maybe start with one to two finger grip at first? And then slowly add more fingers as you get more mobile. And always keep your elbows up.
ill take a pic tomorrow. it just feels so awkward 

ill try that cross method. i usually try the under hook

any tips for front squat position in terms of grip. My shoulder mobility sucks

All I would say is practice. I can front squat 275 now. Start with just the bar. Three middle fingers hooked under. Thumb and pinky touching each other. Hands just outside your shoulder width. Just hold it for a bunch. Relax the fingers.

It feels as sexy as it sounds.

Last edited:
Bro, you are like the fitness wizard.

:rofl: not yet. Just finishing up my kinesiology degree and fitness certifications. I literally finished an extensive course in fitness prescription this spring, so all that stuff is still really fresh in my mind

Back
Top Bottom