STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Like you, I sweat profoundly, especially with this new box not having AC throughout the gym.

I love the PowerBeats but my inner ear sweat out so much, it slips.

I got them from the apple store, they better be under warranty. I just purchased them first week of August.

idk if this is too late but try restarting it?

Those of you that have done just-the-bar bench reps, do you use the same cadence as normal bench, or do you crank out the reps as fast as possible. I just did 2 sets of 50 as fast as possible and I got like a cardio buzz going on. I'm winded as **** :lol:

So fast my biceps burn.

Bench.
135x10
205x2x3
225x1
185x3x5
135x3x10
Barx55

No rhyme or reason. :lol:

might try that 50 rep bar challenge after my working sets tomorrow. I'll record it if I do.

For benching what are some cues for bar path? I can't seem to get the bar to have that arc'ing triangle path. I'll usually end up pressing in a straight line.

Last edited:
20% off sale on howmuchyabench.net

strong sleeves for $64...don't really want to spend that right now...but how often do they really go on sale

Black Friday they go on sale but if you have the $$$ cop em.

Sleeves influenced my lifting more than my belt and shoes.

i've dislocated my knee twice outside of lifting and it mentally ****** me up. I didn't have the confidence to squat, let alone go up in weight.

I forced myself to squat and everything but it wasn't till I used sleeves that I felt more confident and could tweak form etc. My knees click like crazy still but I can't really imagine squatting without sleeves.

repped appreciate the feedback. I will wait until black friday. That will be perfect timing. Soccer season still on going so no time to really hit squats like i want to since i play 3 times a week and my legs are forever tired

Tights with fleece in the winter to Oly lift is the business

this man knows

The Romaleos I have are size 11, wrist wraps are 36in.

Are these TTS? Been thinking about a pair for squatting and I'm right around that size.

My romaleos are a 10.5. I am for the most part an 11 (roshe = 11, UB 2.0 = 11, Jordan = 10.5). They fit tight but not too tight. People say they stretch a little after break in too

I still don't understand the difference between squatting with plates or flat block under your heels. And romaloes..other than them keeping your feet strapped in.

I still don't understand the difference between squatting with plates or flat block under your heels. And romaloes..other than them keeping your feet strapped in.

Honestly there isnt. Only if your feet is going to be static.

Do that with shoes or without

I don't get what you are asking?

Do squats in shoes with weight under underneath? That if you have ankle mobility issues.

Honestly, some of my oly brothers squat bare foot. Then again, their flexibility is insane.

I wouldn't want to be standing on a little plate with any significant amount of weight on my back. 

So we can be clear, we are talking about having the weight under the heels...Like this?

Some good info:

Last edited:
I've always wonder, what builds muscle more...Front Squats or Back Squats? 

Here's a video with good information, however this is just merely opinions.

Why not?  If you don't have the shoes or the mobility, what would be the next option?

Even with safety's I can't imagine doing it. The things that can go wrong if your heel slips isn't worth the risk.

Plenty of people squat in flat sole'd shoes or barefoot. Best option is to just build on your mobility and work on form.

Managed to speak to the manager and got them to swap out those headphones. Got a new pair

Why not?  If you don't have the shoes or the mobility, what would be the next option?
Fixing the actual problem of lacking the mobility to hit depth, people that put plates under their feet are not to be taken serious under any circumstance. 

Back
Top Bottom