STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

laugh.gif

Found out yesterday that I might have hypothyroidism. Gonna go back in for bloodwork within a couple weeks to confirm.

I have been feeling pretty sluggish, especially getting up in the morning.

@Jking0821  - Depending how my diet is, I fluctuate between 170-175.  Doesn't help that I have a sweet tooth and my coworkers like to bake and eat out all the time hahah.

@Tdogg2k  - Last night was louder than usual, usually happens when I didnt warm up enough..  Sometimes I'm rocking noise cancelling headphones and I don't hear them pop but I'll see new people at the gym give me the 
sick.gif
. Doesn't bug dudes that I see everyday.

bruh are you me? :lol:

asuming your first name is justin our name is the same. And on my cut i got to 170lbs im currently 177 due to birthday weekend and literally eating cake and cookies all weekend with 0 regard for anything.

But that is great work at that weight. I know 280 for 6 would be a grind for me. Keep up the good work. You got any # goals or on any program? I am going to hop back on the candito program in 2 months or so when my soccer season ends.

Good Lawrdy @ those knee ...

Good Stuff bro.

Man if I couldn't started earlier...  There's always some kid in China right now that's back squatting 525lbs 10 times right now.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I'm gonna let the protein bars go. So far, the only snack that has tasted good is the chocolate chip cookie from Lenny and Larry's. I haven't been able to find the peanut butter or oatmeal raisin packs in Dallas yet.

I really need to check my shoes tonight when I get home but I could've sworn I went a full size down for my romaleos

I'm gonna let the protein bars go. So far, the only snack that has tasted good is the chocolate chip cookie from Lenny and Larry's. I haven't been able to find the peanut butter or oatmeal raisin packs in Dallas yet.

Oop me!

Idk fam, the back squat is a staple of lifting. I'm sure there are articles out there saying that bench is unnecessary as well.

Yea the article goes into that. That's why I at least wanna hit 4 plates before I give it up, just to say I did it and no one can say I don't do them because I suck at them. But if the goal is to build more powerful legs it does make sense to focus on these single leg rear foot elevated joints. The article talks about how you can essentially lift a heavier load with this exercise

So essentially, the article advocates single leg exercises because it's less taxing on the back and focuses on the legs

Ok I guess if you don't care or need to have a strong back.

I never hurt my back squatting. Hurt it once dl. Now I understand the importance of good form.

Never even come close to hurting my back squatting.

I don't see the correlation, all the people I've learned from squat and I love squatting so I'm gonna squat.

A lot of times especially in the fitness industry, people go against the grain just to draw attention because you really can't reinvent the wheel.

So essentially, the article advocates single leg exercises because it's less taxing on the back and focuses on the legs

Ok I guess if you don't care or need to have a strong back.

That's part of it but I think the crux is that your legs can handle more weight than your back can so to build stronger legs you increase the load on your legs by working unilaterally and reduce the stress on your back. Basically saying that if your goal is to increase leg strength and you've reached a plateau with traditional squats, this can help you push past it. Your two legged squats should definitely go up if you spend some time focused on one legged squats. Instead of making it one exercise vs the next it's probably better to say they are both good but single leg will give you more strength in your wheels.

Last edited:
The link doesnt work for me, but based on what you said im pretty sure i get the gist of the article.

Mike Boyle is a big advocate of single leg exercise instead of both feet and i defi itely think it has some legitimacy to it.

No ones saying you should never squat, but if you
Keep progressing there will come a time when the risks of squatting outweigh the benefits.

Depending on what exercise it is, you can still keep your back strong with single leg exercises.

Im in a little rut now where i don't enjoy going as heavy on squats as I'm supposed to, hit 525 last night and just stopped there. Got 8 weeks till my next comp, gotta step it up by then.

I hate the "dark" periods.

Might have to take few days off bro. Hopefully you bounce back just in time for comp.

I'm starting to see that I need to recover smarter and more.

Starting next week. 5 days on straight and 2 days off.

Last edited:
I was going to take a 2nd day off today from gym but I just can't..........I thought to myself WWBD (what would bigboss do) and I said tough it out!

Big Boss you better hit them damn squats!!!

Back
Top Bottom