STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Good morning bros! Eating at work before workout....
4oz steak
1 cup almond milk
2 cups frosted cherios

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Day 2 after deadlifting for the first time in almost a month (because of my knee pains). I feel like an 80 year old man getting out of the bed and I don't want to deadlift ever again in my life. Can't wait till next week when my back isn't sore anymore so I can do it all over again.

Tuesday did 270lbs 5x5 Squats, Build up1x5 DL got to 415lbs, OHP 6x2 @155lbs

Turn around yesterday and had this WOD:
1 mile run and Back Squat 20 mins EMOM of 2 rep @80%...

Couldn't and wouldn't do 80%. Ran the mile and do 95lbs BS.

F dat. I'm in interrupting my gains for overload :lol:

I come to DC once a year, so next time I come, I'm expecting y'all DC NT workout brethren to be prepare to see me at the gym. I'll meet y'all at a powerlifting or Oly gym or CrossFit gym. I don't do commercial gyms. Sorry :lol:

Last edited:
Day 2 after deadlifting for the first time in almost a month (because of my knee pains). I feel like an 80 year old man getting out of the bed and I don't want to deadlift ever again in my life. Can't wait till next week when my back isn't sore anymore so I can do it all over again.

My back is always fine. It's my quads and inner leg that get destroyed. I walk like a cowboy 3 days after if I'm going heavy.

My back is always fine. It's my quads and inner leg that get destroyed. I walk like a cowboy 3 days after if I'm going heavy.

I can't say it will work for everyone but use a foam roller. For me over the last year or so it's been a saving grace in recovery and even warming up the muscle prior to either HIIT (sprints), flag football or squat/deads. Just a suggestion but to each their own. I lurk in here quite a bit but never post much. Hopefully this helps someone.

I can't say it will work for everyone but use a foam roller. For me over the last year or so it's been a saving grace in recovery and even warming up the muscle prior to either HIIT (sprints), flag football or squat/deads. Just a suggestion but to each their own. I lurk in here quite a bit but never post much. Hopefully this helps someone.
might have to cop.

I feel like working out with Druden will be more a lesson from the teacher who thinks youre stupid and really is just there to collect a check.
he'd be like "
"is that how you squat, hmmph.
you really going to leg press after doing lunges?? where they do that at?"
"why are you taking a protein shake after the workout....you really think that is necessary... "BRO"

lmao j/k man. .just jokes.

I've lost any and all motivation to hit the gym now. Any way to get that fire back :nerd:

You have one life and one body.

If you are healthy and able enough to push it to its maximum capabilities, why wouldn't you?

Not to mention the gym is by far the most productive place to take your aggression out while constantly setting goals and reaching them.

SE Pennsylvania

Lol I was just in Philadelphia. No idea what region of Pennsylvania that is.

Rittenhouse Square is great. Lots of stuff to do plus they have lots of crossfit gyms and appear to have an active Olympic weightlifting scene. If I could afford to live there as a single nurse. I would.

Last edited:
I've lost any and all motivation to hit the gym now. Any way to get that fire back :nerd:

Kinda in the same boat. I've had like zero energy and haven't lifted in almost 2 weeks. My doctor thought it was hypothyroidism but apparently my lab tests came out normal. I have all the classic symptoms so if it isn't hypothyroidism I don't know what it could be.

Anytime I need motivation I think about all of the disabled people who are going harder than me in the gym. If they can do it why can't my lazy ***?

I had the same feeling for like 4 years :lol:. It might not help, but you really gotta just do it. I paid for a whole month of my membership before I even went back. Once I started back up I'm back in :evil:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom