STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Repped just ordered some also.

What kind of white tees do you guys use for the gym? Nothing 100% cotton preferably, but fine otherwise.

I don't wear a white tee to the gym. Generally just wear some old shirt that I retired from my rotation or nike dri-fit shirt

:lol: basically

Squat rack and pull up bar and 700 pound tire full of water from the rain that I can't flip.

All I did was bench and dips and pull-ups. Benching and looking at the sky is weird.

Thats a sick set up tho. Bet it feels sick to workout and have a nice breeze

Damn missed on the fit joy jig. And idk how you like quest and not fit joy [emoji]128514[/emoji]. I love fit joy. Up there with One IMO with One slightly better

:lol: basically

Squat rack and pull up bar and 700 pound tire full of water from the rain that I can't flip.

All I did was bench and dips and pull-ups. Benching and looking at the sky is weird.

Thats a sick set up tho. Bet it feels sick to workout and have a nice breeze

Yeah I dig it. I'm gonna dl out there for sure. They just got a bunch of barbells and plates for outside. It's not done but you can still use it.

That's why I like my gym. They are constantly getting new stuff.

Damn missed on the fit joy jig. And idk how you like quest and not fit joy [emoji]128514[/emoji]. I love fit joy. Up there with One IMO with One slightly better

I hate the regular quest bars. Im talking about the new hero bars. I was a believer of the one bar. But the hero taste much better. It taste like a cereal bar. The Vanilla caramel is the best protein bar ive had.

Last edited:
Did you guys see this article on Russell wilson's nutrition? His goal was to drop some weight.

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-se...9-meals-a-day-4800-calorie-diet-to-cut-weight

The part that's interesting to me is when his nutritionist says: 
Goglia said when Wilson visited him in March, Wilson was consuming about 2,700 calories a day. Goglia bumped that number up to 4,800 when planning Wilson's meals. In other words, he wanted Wilson to eat more even as he was trying to cut weight.

"When you think metabolism, everybody will think fast or slow," Goglia said. "And it's not. Metabolism is ultimately hot or cold. The definition of a calorie is a heat-energy unit. So if calories are heat and metabolism is a function of heat, and if fat is a lipid and only converts to energy in a hot environment, it just makes sense that you have to eat a certain amount of calories to generate enough heat to burn fat. And that's counter-intuitive to every civilian out there.

"Every fat guy will say, 'Food makes you fat. I eat one can of tuna and an apple a day.' And that's why they're fat. Not enough caloric heat. Especially in athletes. Athletic temperatures are huge metabolically. They have a big metabolic load. The more muscle you have, the more food you need. That's the baseline concept."
i feel like thats what i used to think when i'd want to continually snack throughout the day to "keep my metabolism going and speed it up / train my body to burn the calories i consume vs store it"... then ive been told thats bro science and its cals in vs cals out.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Thoughts on assisted pull ups? Do they help?

I used to be able to do 8-10 pull ups (3 sets) but have been out of the gym for a while. Tried today and couldn't even do three
laugh.gif

Imo assisted pull ups are aight... id mix in some negatives

And if u can just do 3, then do 3 any chance u can. When u get to the gym, in between sets, before u leave, and whenever u can if u have a bar at home. You'll get back to 8+ quick

Should help. And static hangs.

Or just keep doing as many as you can until your count goes up.

And if u can just do 3, then do 3 any chance u can. When u get to the gym, in between sets, before u leave, and whenever u can if u have a bar at home. You'll get back to 8+ quick
Thank you both. That's what my plan was. Do as many as I can on my own then finish with assisted when I get tired.

dropped down to a lean 180 from 195 about 6 weeks ago. s/o to @jon4rd  for his inspiration. 

Mostly ate all my meals early in the day- high protein shakes, prepped grilled chicken for lunch everyday mixed with green mix. 

snacks- mostly blueberries and black berries

supplements- standard creatine mono and bcaa, occasional pwo when i needed a kick only in the AM

stayed away from grains and gluten for the most part, except for carb refeeds every 3 days. 

since I wanted to speed up the process, I lifted heavy in the morning before work for 30-40 min + 20 min cardio (usually stairmaster). Would eat my lunch at my desk and use the rest of my break to do 50 pull-ups/200 pushups in our gym we have (basic freeweights and pull-up bar). 2x a week I would hoop late at night with my bro, who's in the offseason for football and hoops right now, for hard cardio. 

Ultimately, I'd like to get down to a lean 170 (I'm 6'), possibly reevaluate my bf %, but for the most part I'm proud of how much time has flown by since my ultra cut. 

Thoughts on assisted pull ups? Do they help?

I used to be able to do 8-10 pull ups (3 sets) but have been out of the gym for a while. Tried today and couldn't even do three :lol: .
100%. Band assisted pull ups helped my numbers go up

dropped down to a lean 180 from 195 about 6 weeks ago. s/o to @jon4rd
 for his inspiration. 

Mostly ate all my meals early in the day- high protein shakes, prepped grilled chicken for lunch everyday mixed with green mix. 

snacks- mostly blueberries and black berries

supplements- standard creatine mono and bcaa, occasional pwo when i needed a kick only in the AM

stayed away from grains and gluten for the most part, except for carb refeeds every 3 days. 

since I wanted to speed up the process, I lifted heavy in the morning before work for 30-40 min + 20 min cardio (usually stairmaster). Would eat my lunch at my desk and use the rest of my break to do 50 pull-ups/200 pushups in our gym we have (basic freeweights and pull-up bar). 2x a week I would hoop late at night with my bro, who's in the offseason for football and hoops right now, for hard cardio. 

Ultimately, I'd like to get down to a lean 170 (I'm 6'), possibly reevaluate my bf %, but for the most part I'm proud of how much time has flown by since my ultra cut. 

Good **** brotha! That's dope man forreal!

No lie my chest has gotten bigger. One of my lacking areas. Feel like it had a lot to do with focusing on stretching the pecs more and fascia release. Could be tripping but at the same time you know your body best

Should help. And static hangs.

Or just keep doing as many as you can until your count goes up.

Thank you both. That's what my plan was. Do as many as I can on my own then finish with assisted when I get tired.

That's what I need to do, thanks for the tips. My fat-*** couldn't even do one a couple months ago and I wanna be able to get to 10 before the end of the summer. Did these BS ones before I left the gym earlier today.

^ good ish bro and feelin the music :lol:

Yeah get that full rom and when u can't do another with good form then knock out some negatives, it'll help for real

Back
Top Bottom