STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I used to be anti-Leg Press. My legs were decent sized then with just Squats and RDLs. I started doing Leg Press, and my legs grew bigger. Not necessarily attributing all credit tongue exercise, but they definitely helped.

As for using the energy for other exercises, I already do Goblet Squats, Lunges, Hack Squats, and a few others. Apart from unilateral training, I don't see much else.

As for the analogy I made, I pretty much meant that you shouldn't let the weakest link completely stop you. Compared grip to lower back, which seems to be most people's weakest link when it comes to compounds.

What I meant by using the energy for other exercises was instead of doing a leg press, put more force and energy into a goblet squat or lunges and get more benefit out of that exercise.

The difference in that analogy is that straps help make that exercise easier/better whereas a leg press is a totally different exercise from a squat. One aids the weakest link and the other eliminates the weakest link.

I read on livestrong that cardio before lifting is a no-no? is that true?

does that still apply on leg day?

Last edited:
Damn Bwood youre a beast lol

Hope to get there one day. Finally did my first lifting yesterday. Chest and Tris. My god, i can barely even lift my arm up to pick my nose today

Started off on bench w 25 on each side. Felt so weak :lol:

Here are my pics from yesterday. Cant wait to see where im at in 3 months, 6 months, etc

keep at it bro. i was there a little over a year ago struggling to bench press 1 plate on each side and i hit 280 last week. stay consistent, train smart+intense and make sure you know what your goals are.

for me about half way through i realized power lifting and athletic aesthetics(functional muscles) are my primary goals. been getting into olympic lifting a lot lately as well.

this is the best thread on NT. I love all that material stuff too like clothes, kicks and all that good stuff, but nothing like having a nice body and being healthy. :smokin feeling godlike while being butt *** naked.

Last edited:
i do cardio pre-lifting but i can attest that you do kill a lot of energy. it was difficult at first but my body has adjusted. it's improved my stamina tenfold.

I do a jump rope routine to get warmed up before i lift then either run a mile or jump rope again after lifting. Read somewhere that cardio post lift session is good for cutting...but I haven't seen much of a difference yet.

Been workin out hard after I got on that serious mass and i can finally see my veins on my biceps. :smokin Slowly but surely I'm progressing.

I read on livestrong that cardio before lifting is a no-no? is that true?
does that still apply on leg day?

no no?

really thats up to you but its kinda stupid, you waste energy lifting and doing cardio.

so if you want to lift as hard and as much as possible you should lift first then do cardio.

Lol 

Who reported lucky? Someone man up and say they did it.

Jewbacca will give you reps

haha

It is possible no one reported him. The stuff he said was ban worthy, so it really shouldn't be a surprise.
This, I've been banned multiple times without being reported and have said MUCH less vulgar things

still dont know with all the stuff he said he was just banned for a week...

had i done that i would have gotten a permanent ban without question.

i havent been warned/reported in over a year so yea.

Why not squat more? Hack squats seem unnecessary to me personally.

I did 8 sets of back Squats this past Sunday. Lower back started getting tight even with clean form. Unless you pre-exhaust your legs, lower back seems to always give out first.

I used to be anti-Leg Press. My legs were decent sized then with just Squats and RDLs. I started doing Leg Press, and my legs grew bigger. Not necessarily attributing all credit tongue exercise, but they definitely helped.

As for using the energy for other exercises, I already do Goblet Squats, Lunges, Hack Squats, and a few others. Apart from unilateral training, I don't see much else.

As for the analogy I made, I pretty much meant that you shouldn't let the weakest link completely stop you. Compared grip to lower back, which seems to be most people's weakest link when it comes to compounds.

What I meant by using the energy for other exercises was instead of doing a leg press, put more force and energy into a goblet squat or lunges and get more benefit out of that exercise.

The difference in that analogy is that straps help make that exercise easier/better whereas a leg press is a totally different exercise from a squat. One aids the weakest link and the other eliminates the weakest link.

Good point.

As for Goblet Squats, I'm already using the heaviest DBs in my gym (125) for 4-6x10.

Only other exercise that I can think of that might be as beneficial are Lunges. I already do 4-6 sets of those at bodyweight as well.

Wait did Lucky say some other **** other than the normal stuff he posts in this thread? Were there posts deleted?

Damn.. Luck is the success story of the fitness thread and they banned him. Ruthless.

Just cooked up some chicken breast on the Foreman for the rest of the week. Switched from parboiled brown rice to regular brown rice.

Back
Top Bottom