Steph Curry Appreciation .... Greatest All Time Shooter When he's Done

I became a fan after he destroyed the Lakers late in the season. He is so fun to watch with that quick release. Hopefully he stays healthy.

[COLOR=#red]Curry > Irving. Never in the RECENT history of the NBA has there been as pure a shooter WITH the ability to handle the ball and create his own shot and separation needed to get off the shot like Stephen Curry. No need for cute nicknames...just good old fashioned balling.

YOu usually have volume shooters (Montae Ellis types) or percentage shooters (think Steve Kerr and Legler), but when's the last time we've seen a volume shooter with a percentage shooter's numbers?[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Curry > Irving. Never in the RECENT history of the NBA has there been as pure a shooter WITH the ability to handle the ball and create his own shot and separation needed to get off the shot like Stephen Curry. No need for cute nicknames...just good old fashioned balling.

YOu usually have volume shooters (Montae Ellis types) or percentage shooters (think Steve Kerr and Legler), but when's the last time we've seen a volume shooter with a percentage shooter's numbers?
um ....nash did it...i guess ppl forget he was a 90/50/40 or better shooter a good stretch of his career... but the boy can cook....and him and irving different type of players.... its like comparing rondo and rose

and him and irving different type of players.... its like comparing rondo and rose
Why are they so different though?  Because Steph shoots more?  I dont see the problem with comparing the two.  Its absolutely NOT like comparing Rondo and Rose. 

I think the reason why people have such issues with comparing Curry and Irving, is because you guys JUST spent the better part of a season hyping Irving....and now you have to basically go back on what you said because its apparent that Curry is actually better.  I know Kyrie is a stud, and most would love to build a franchise around him.  But the fact of the matter is, he isnt on Curry's level.

[COLOR=#red]Curry > Irving. Never in the RECENT history of the NBA has there been as pure a shooter WITH the ability to handle the ball and create his own shot and separation needed to get off the shot like Stephen Curry. No need for cute nicknames...just good old fashioned balling.

YOu usually have volume shooters (Montae Ellis types) or percentage shooters (think Steve Kerr and Legler), but when's the last time we've seen a volume shooter with a percentage shooter's numbers?[/COLOR]

Spot on!

Steph will be hof when its all said and done

Why are they so different though?  Because Steph shoots more?  I dont see the problem with comparing the two.  Its absolutely NOT like comparing Rondo and Rose. 

I think the reason why people have such issues with comparing Curry and Irving, is because you guys JUST spent the better part of a season hyping Irving....and now you have to basically go back on what you said because its apparent that Curry is actually better.  I know Kyrie is a stud, and most would love to build a franchise around him.  But the fact of the matter is, he isnt on Curry's level.
they dont play the same is why... kyrie and wall game is similiar...steph plays nothing like kyrie. outside of being pg's and main guys on a up and comming team, thats about all they have in common.

It isnt an issue...and ive said steph is great...matter fact i said he shouldve been an allstar, and was trippen when folks said oh if monta wasnt ever voted as an allstar while in gsw..why would steph.

And it isnt about who is better, or who would you choose. Its not just as simple as that. To many factors such as the other players on the team, the coach, style of play etc...chemistry with the players.

Also we live in a knee jerk live in the moment type of society...especially with sports. Not saying you, but if the cavs made the playoffs everyone would be talking bout how they knew he was great...the best young pg etc.

Last edited:

they dont play the same is why... kyrie and wall game is similiar...steph plays nothing like kyrie. outside of being pg's and main guys on a up and comming team, thats about all they have in common.

It isnt an issue...and ive said steph is great...matter fact i said he shouldve been an allstar, and was trippen when folks said oh if monte wasnt ever voted as an allstar while in gsw..why would steph.

And it isnt about who is better, or who would you choose. Its not just as simple as that. To many factors such as the other players on the team, the coach, style of play etc...chemistry with the players.

Also we live in a knee jerk live in the moment type of society...especially with sports. Not saying you, but if the cavs made the playoffs everyone would be talking bout how they knew he was great...the best young pg etc.
I get what you are saying.  I guess the biggest problem I have is the fact that people (you included) are trying to say that we shouldn't compare Curry and Irving because their games are different.....but people compare players who play the same position but have different games all the time!  Durant and LeBron get compared to one another all the time, and their games arent the same.  Not so much anymore, but when in their primes, people compared Duncan and Dirk all the time....and their games couldnt more different. 

I swear this "you cant compare them because their games are different" excuse seems to only fly when it fits certain agendas (not necessarily you, just in general).

um ....nash did it...i guess ppl forget he was a 90/50/40 or better shooter a good stretch of his career... but the boy can cook....and him and irving different type of players.... its like comparing rondo and rose

[COLOR=#red]I didn't forget Nash, yes he shot for some amazing percentages and put up shots as well. And you can compare them they are young scoring/shooting PGs[/COLOR]

Man, people still can't spell Monta :lol:

I get what you are saying.  I guess the biggest problem I have is the fact that people (you included) are trying to say that we shouldn't compare Curry and Irving because their games are different.....but people compare players who play the same position but have different games all the time!  Durant and LeBron get compared to one another all the time, and their games arent the same.  Not so much anymore, but when in their primes, people compared Duncan and Dirk all the time....and their games couldnt more different. 

I swear this "you cant compare them because their games are different" excuse seems to only fly when it fits certain agendas (not necessarily you, just in general).
and those ppl who do compare usually do so to promote their preference over said player...ie kobe and lebron so on and so forth. For example rondo based on the team the coach etc...is a better fit then lets say a rose would fit the c's and vice versa... am i saying either one is better then the other...NO. But if i was a bulls fan i could use the fact that rose means more to the bulls (especially on offense) then rondo does the c's...therefore rose>rondo.

And thats in large part why ppl compare players who play different to one another. Because when comparing players who style is different...its going to lead to what your preference of style of play, what you look at as important in that position of the player, and your personal feelings towards the player. See example of russell westbrook. Ppl say he is a far cry from rose/kyrie/wall etc... but even if you went off of raw numbers/stats, westbrook is above most mention and in many categories slightly edges rose, despite having to play alongside a ball dominating, effiecient superstar. And yet in still ppl will overwhelmingly say rose, and they do play similiar. So of course ppl do the same thing with players who games are different.

He's insanely good but he has some of the worst celebrations/facial expressions. I'm just waiting for someone to punch him in the face every time he goes crazy after making a shot.

disclaimer: i'm a nuggets fan...

Last edited:
I remember the first time I saw Stephen, I had visit Davidson on a college tour back in like Feb 07 and we got to see one of their games. I remember him making bone head shots and my friend and I were like this number 30 is terrible. Literally after that was said he went off just hitting so many 3s...I never saw anything like that. :x From then on I knew this dude was going to do very well in the NBA. His game is so nasty and definitely going to be a superstar in this league if he hasn't reached that level already. The fact he wasn't even on the All Star team..smh. I just pray he can stay healthy.

That year he was drafted...highway robbery from the Warriors....if only the Knicks snatched him up like they were suppose to :smh::smh::smh:

Back
Top Bottom