Stephen A. Smith Apologizes about Domestic Violence Views

But seriously yall, you NEVER hit a woman under ANY circumstances, no matter what she does to provoke or instigate it. 

If Kimbo Slice provoked you till you couldnt stand it anymore, would you hit him?  Would you shake him?

Steve Phillips
roll.gif

But seriously yall, you NEVER hit a woman under ANY circumstances, no matter what she does to provoke or instigate it. 

If Kimbo Slice provoked you till you couldnt stand it anymore, would you hit him?  Would you shake him?
hmmm...

Interesting point...

So let's go further...

If I provoked a woman... Should she hit me knowing I could kick her ***?

And let's go back to the begonnig...

How about we hold woman accountable... So just don't try to antagonize someone in to hitting you...

That includes hitting the person...

Oh, yall come to Stephen A. Smith's defense but when it was flesh and blood vs. Beadle yall sided with her. :smh: - :lol:

I actually made a twitter to go at some of the marks who were saying you're what's wrong with the world and other stuff. I deleted it shortly after though :lol: :\.

I guess while I can see a man defending himself, it just feels weird to me justifying ex. A woman slapping me and I knock her out with a punch.

Like I could see Ray laying her out if she were giving him deep body blows and working that chin, but if she was doing that weak women fighting stuff, like grab her arms and give her a good shaking.

Last edited:
Seriously if a woman is about to hit you, you cant block or take the hit, forreal?  There are plenty of instances that a woman would slap a man or something like that, but forreal yall got women tryna two piece you or throw yall haymakers?  And if they did, they would forreal put you down if they put their hands on you?

What kinda NT thick woman yall messing with that you would fear your safety if they put their hands on you tho?

But even still to answer the first question, why and how would you put yourself in a situation where a woman would want to hit you?  Ive had many arguments with women, to the point of them throwing stuff at me, throwing my stuff out the window, messing with my car, hitting everyone up on my phone etc, NEVER would it even cross my mind to put my hands on them, drunk, high, sober, whatever, that doesnt even register to me. 

i'd know better than to hit kimbo slice.

women need to know better than to hit men. 

that's it.

A lot of this stuff should be looked at just from a business and legal stand point. A lot of this defending myself talk just doesn't apply well in a court of law and to the general public. It's just hard to justify KOing a girl period where you won't take any repercussions. I think if the situation still stands where you need to do something, you still might have to take an L in the long run just cause this is how our society works. I think Steven A. Smith said something from a different angle but he should be surprised to see these kind of actions. This is just that kind of world we live in unfortunately. Some opinions should be kept to yourself or on a different medium.

I guess while I can see a man defending himself, it just feels weird to me justifying ex. A woman slapping me and I knock her out with a punch.

Like I could see Ray laying her out if she were giving him deep body blows and working that chin, but if she was doing that weak women fighting stuff, like grab her arms and give her a good shaking.

The huge problem in this Rice situation is that people are assuming what happened in the elevator. No one knows except Rice, his wife, Roger Goodell and the prosecutor.

that's it.

Unfortunately, some things which should be black and white end up being a kaleidoscope of colors.

But everyone in the world doesn't think with such a level head on their shoulders like yourself, StrongMind3

Your hypothetical doesn't even make sense with the topic

that's it.

Throw the legal aspect out the window. Hell throw the genders out the window as well.

What good comes from berating, belittling, disrespecting, and putting hands on a person that's physically bigger then you (throwing the first punch) Only to cry victim afterwards.

I know a dude who knocked a woman out and beat the daylights out of her. This woman said some disrespectful over the line stuff about his dead mother and how she was a b when she was alive and was glad she got breast cancer. Dude snapped and straight lost it. Perhaps the beating was over the top, but who the hell did she think she was to say the disgusting things she did about that mans dead mother.

He could've walked away and perhaps shown better restraint, but at the same time she crossed the line with what she said and I really can't vilify him for his actions.

In general people regardless of gender need to know that disrespecting someone and taking it too far can have potential physical consequences.

For every level headed, think things out and bite their tongue at times type dudes out there, its a bunch of people who are trying to just go about their day minding their business and not bothering anyone but don't have the restraint when someone else intentionally tries to mess with them or push their buttons.

Again, throw the genders out, getting beat up hurts regardless of the gender. Why do something to push another persons buttons and roll the dice hoping their a restrained person in the first place when not everyone is that way.

Seriously if a woman is about to hit you, you cant block or take the hit, forreal?  There are plenty of instances that a woman would slap a man or something like that, but forreal yall got women tryna two piece you or throw yall haymakers?  And if they did, they would forreal put you down if they put their hands on you?

What kinda NT thick woman yall messing with that you would fear your safety if they put their hands on you tho?

But even still to answer the first question, why and how would you put yourself in a situation where a woman would want to hit you?  Ive had many arguments with women, to the point of them throwing stuff at me, throwing my stuff out the window, messing with my car, hitting everyone up on my phone etc, NEVER would it even cross my mind to put my hands on them, drunk, high, sober, whatever, that doesnt even register to me. 

How about she just not hit you?

I witnessed a very similar situation a while back. This chick was laying into this guy pretty bad at this bar. She was going in on his manhood, job, house, and even his mom. She was definity trying to get a reaction. Dude just sat there and sipped his drink and shook his head every so often after a comment.

Then she got to his kids. Based on the convo I can tell they were his from a previous situation. I'll never forget it "That's why when those two dirty little ****** of yours get older their gonna get raped." Dude calmly put his drink down and hit her with a mean hook and she fell off the stool and hit the floor. Nobody in the bar said a word except this one chick who was at a table nearby. "You should have hit her 5 min ago." The chick got up woozy and tried to gain sympathy but received none. The bartender, who was a female, gave the dude a free shot. Chick was damn near twice his size by the way.

Should he have hit her, probably not but there's a reason the term "fighting words" exist....ijs.

I witnessed a very similar situation a while back. This chick was laying into this guy pretty bad at this bar. She was going in on his manhood, job, house, and even his mom. She was definity trying to get a reaction. Dude just sat there and sipped his drink and shook his head every so often after a comment.

Then she got to his kids. Based on the convo I can tell they were his from a previous situation. I'll never forget it "That's why when those two dirty little ****** of yours get older their gonna get raped." Dude calmly put his drink down and hit her with a mean hook and she fell off the stool and hit the floor. Nobody in the bar said a word except this one chick who was at a table nearby. "You should have hit her 5 min ago." The chick got up woozy and tried to gain sympathy but received none. The bartender, who was a female, gave the dude a free shot. Chick was damn near twice his size by the way.

Should he have hit her, probably not but there's a reason the term "fighting words" exist....ijs.

Can't blame him one bit at all for his reaction. I'm glad the female patron and female bartender were levelheaded and reasonable as well.

Had it been a Jenny McCarthy, Michelle Beadle type female, he would've been crucified in the bar and labeled violent and she would've been an innocent victim "who's story we don't know and can't relate to."

Just dudes not realizing what provoke means :lol:
There is no universal definition of provoke as @Keko Jones said. Everyone has a different tolerance threshold. Not sure why you have yet to grasp that concept.
Not sure why people haven't grasped that's why there is controversy. There's no universal definition yet mad ppl in here saying "wth did he say wrong women aren't suppose to be hitting men!"

Throw the legal aspect out the window. Hell throw the genders out the window as well.

What good comes from berating, belittling, disrespecting, and putting hands on a person that's physically bigger then you (throwing the first punch) Only to cry victim afterwards.

I know a dude who knocked a woman out and beat the daylights out of her. This woman said some disrespectful over the line stuff about his dead mother and how she was a b when she was alive and was glad she got breast cancer. Dude snapped and straight lost it. Perhaps the beating was over the top, but who the hell did she think she was to say the disgusting things she did about that mans dead mother.

He could've walked away and perhaps shown better restraint, but at the same time she crossed the line with what she said and I really can't vilify him for his actions.

In general people regardless of gender need to know that disrespecting someone and taking it too far can have potential physical consequences.

For every level headed, think things out and bite their tongue at times type dudes out there, its a bunch of people who are trying to just go about their day minding their business and not bothering anyone but don't have the restraint when someone else intentionally tries to mess with them or push their buttons.

Again, throw the genders out, getting beat up hurts regardless of the gender. Why do something to push another persons buttons and roll the dice hoping their a restrained person in the first place when not everyone is that way.
Everything you're saying is true, people need to stay in their lanes, but even still, regardless, nothing a person says or does should justify you hitting them, male or female.  Even in that example you had, the woman was way outta line, but that still doesn't give him the green light to put his hands on her.  Cuss her out, whatever, but not touch her tho.

Some people are like that, they talk outta line, Ive seen it in men and women, and Ive also seen them pay for it physically or otherwise, but regardless, even for those people who cant control what they say out their mouths or what they do to other people, it still doesn't give you reason to hit them, man or woman.

If you're not the type of person that cant restrain themselves in those situations, grown up life is going to be hard for you.  Just like you say if you provoke a situation, you gotta live with the repurcussions, the same goes if you ESCALATE the situation.  You're just as dumb if not dumber for falling for it.

Can't blame him one bit at all for his reaction. I'm glad the female patron and female bartender were levelheaded and reasonable as well.

Had it been a Jenny McCarthy, Michelle Beadle type female, he would've been crucified in the bar and labeled violent and she would've been an innocent victim "who's story we don't know and can't relate to."

Perfect example of knowing your surroundings. Unlike Rice in his situation, at least there are tons of eye witnesses that can vouch for what happened, even if they don't side with him.

Back
Top Bottom