Stephen A. Smith Apologizes about Domestic Violence Views

thing is women want to be seen as equals when it is convenient and they somehow benefit from it. But when it comes to accountability, consequences and repercussions then they wanna use the were not equal i should get a pass or have more leniency because im a woman. That and i find it funny ppl saying hitting women is wrong yet justify spanking/hitting children. Does not the same reasoning/logic ppl use to not hit women, be applied to not hitting children?

Based on the list posted on the last page of ESPN's suspensions, seems like SAS fits right in there.

Last edited:
I witnessed a very similar situation a while back. This chick was laying into this guy pretty bad at this bar. She was going in on his manhood, job, house, and even his mom. She was definity trying to get a reaction. Dude just sat there and sipped his drink and shook his head every so often after a comment.

Then she got to his kids. Based on the convo I can tell they were his from a previous situation. I'll never forget it "That's why when those two dirty little ****** of yours get older their gonna get raped." Dude calmly put his drink down and hit her with a mean hook and she fell off the stool and hit the floor. Nobody in the bar said a word except this one chick who was at a table nearby. "You should have hit her 5 min ago." The chick got up woozy and tried to gain sympathy but received none. The bartender, who was a female, gave the dude a free shot. Chick was damn near twice his size by the way.

Should he have hit her, probably not but there's a reason the term "fighting words" exist....ijs.
:wow:

thing is women want to be seen as equals when it is convenient and they somehow benefit from it. But when it comes to accountability, consequences and repercussions then they wanna use the were not equal i should get a pass or have more leniency because im a woman. That and i find it funny ppl saying hitting women is wrong yet justify spanking/hitting children. Does not the same reasoning/logic ppl use to not hit women, be applied to not hitting children?

NT, Please answer this man. I was wondering the same thing.

Man what? Are you trying to discipline a grown woman?

Perfect example of knowing your surroundings. Unlike Rice in his situation, at least there are tons of eye witnesses that can vouch for what happened, even if they don't side with him.

I would just say dude was lucky that chick was so loud that she was dominating the sound in the bar. He had reached his breaking point.

Because children are not of adult age, and because so, are under custody of their legal guardian.  Now if the woman who provokes you is your daughter, I'm not gonna say at what age do you stop hitting her, thats your prerogative.

Lumping hitting with sole intent to inflict damage with spanking your child? Better off with the "what if kimbo....." Talk :smh:

Man what? Are you trying to discipline a grown woman?
often times ppl spank/whoop kids for acting out and being disrespectful and ill mannered... aka the same a woman is often times when a guy will hit them. And one could argue you shouldnt whoop/spank a kid in terms of discipline because they DONT KNOW better and you are essentially whooping them for not knowing something. So whooping someone for doing wrong in which they dont even know what their doing is wrong is ok.... yet hitting someone who intentionally does something wrong and KNOWS right from wrong should get a pass.

Last edited:
I witnessed a very similar situation a while back. This chick was laying into this guy pretty bad at this bar. She was going in on his manhood, job, house, and even his mom. She was definity trying to get a reaction. Dude just sat there and sipped his drink and shook his head every so often after a comment.

Then she got to his kids. Based on the convo I can tell they were his from a previous situation. I'll never forget it "That's why when those two dirty little ****** of yours get older their gonna get raped." Dude calmly put his drink down and hit her with a mean hook and she fell off the stool and hit the floor. Nobody in the bar said a word except this one chick who was at a table nearby. "You should have hit her 5 min ago." The chick got up woozy and tried to gain sympathy but received none. The bartender, who was a female, gave the dude a free shot. Chick was damn near twice his size by the way.

Should he have hit her, probably not but there's a reason the term "fighting words" exist....ijs.
This had to be in Boston. 

Lumping hitting with sole intent to inflict damage with spanking your child? Better off with the "what if kimbo....." Talk
mean.gif
and you dont intend to hurt a child with spankings lol....... if thats the case why do ppl use shoes/belts etc...? surely a normal functiioning adult knows taking a leather belt to a bare bottom of a child will hurt and inflict some sort of damage.

Everything you're saying is true, people need to stay in their lanes, but even still, regardless, nothing a person says or does should justify you hitting them, male or female.  Even in that example you had, the woman was way outta line, but that still doesn't give him the green light to put his hands on her.  Cuss her out, whatever, but not touch her tho.

Some people are like that, they talk outta line, Ive seen it in men and women, and Ive also seen them pay for it physically or otherwise, but regardless, even for those people who cant control what they say out their mouths or what they do to other people, it still doesn't give you reason to hit them, man or woman.

If you're not the type of person that cant restrain themselves in those situations, grown up life is going to be hard for you.  Just like you say if you provoke a situation, you gotta live with the repurcussions, the same goes if you ESCALATE the situation.  You're just as dumb if not dumber for falling for it.

Who are you to determine what justifies an individual getting hit or not hit though?

Ill say this, while I think we do mature as adults and become more level headed, each and every one of is capable of losing our temper and acting irrationally in a situation even if we don't want to admit it. It's always good to try and avoid hostile situations, hanging out with reckless people etc but sometimes things happen. We can talk all this levelheadedness stuff but its easier said then done. Unless its happened to you, you don't know how you would react if your having a terrible day to begin with, you just got laid off from work, accidentally lost your phone, and some idiot tries to push your buttons and make fun of your dead mother who passed from breast cancer. You can post on here that you would walk away but you can't be 100% certain unless it happened.

Adult life is going to be hard for someone who can't control what comes out of their mouth and feels as if their shielded by the law and get a free pass to cause problems. Again for every level headed person, its a few who don't think that way and no mind catching a case and doing serious damage to that person and in some cases getting away with it. Yeah the person might get in trouble, but if they seriously hurt you, those injuries aren't going away anytime soon and if the person were to kill you, yeah they'll do time but you won't be around either.

I posted a situation I had on here before where a dude was acting over the line disrespectful to me at bar. Saying stuff that no respectable person would say. When I confronted him and asked him what his problem was, he pulled out his phone started recording me and said that if touch him he's pressing charges. I just told him that his father raised a chump and that he's going to pull that stunt on the wrong person one day and their going to handle it differently and I just kept it moving.

People need to be held accountable for what they say and their actions, plain and simple and that has nothing to do with the original thread at hand.

and you dont intend to hurt a child with spankings lol....... if thats the case why do ppl use shoes/belts etc...? surely a normal functiioning adult knows taking a leather belt to a bare bottom of a child will hurt and inflict some sort of damage.
Wow, you spank your kid with the sole intent to do damage? You spank because a very young ages their reasoning skills aren't developed enough to under stand cause and effect. They don't understand that if you do this, that this can happen. What you can teach is to not to do this or you'll get spanked. That should tapper off as the child's reasoning skills develop to where they can understand proper case and effect and you being to teach why they shouldn't.

Hitting with belts and stuff and completely different than what I'm talking about

How this has anything to do with the topic is still a mystery

Last edited:
When adults spank a child, they want the child to associate PAIN with the punishable action.

If you think otherwise, you are in denial.

Shoes is right

Wow, you spank your kid with the sole intent to do damage? You spank because a very young ages their reasoning skills aren't developed enough to under stand cause and effect. They don't understand that if you do this, that this can happen. What you can teach is to not to do this or you'll get spanked. That should tapper off as the child's reasoning skills develop to where they can understand proper case and effect and you being to teach why they shouldn't.

Hitting with belts and stuff and completely different than what I'm talking about

How this has anything to do with the topic is still a mystery
and if that in theory is the case why cant it apply to women. obviously their rationale/reasoning is that of a child if they think spitting in a guys face, breaking things, having temper tantrums etc.. is how you resolve a problem. the same argument your using for children is/can be said about a woman. 

When adults spank a child, they want the child to associate PAIN with the punishable action.

If you think otherwise, you are in denial.

Shoes is right
that and what you are doing is wrong.... why cant this be applied to women? obviously talking and saying something is wrong isnt working, the same as many said with children, and if the only way for them to understanding what their doing is wrong/offensive etc..... is by physical contact, why wouldnt this work for women. 

Dude hit the nail on the head and that's the problem I have. They want equality only when its convenient for them.

and if that in theory is the case why cant it apply to women. obviously their rationale/reasoning is that of a child if they think spitting in a guys face, breaking things, having temper tantrums etc.. is how you resolve a problem. the same argument your using for children is/can be said about a woman. 

You don't see a problem with doing something wrong = punch to the face?

The reason is because at this age an adult should have the reasoning skills to be able talk, learn, and move on.

What what's the generalizing all women? That alone is incorrect.

What are you even asking for? Someone bumps you on the street you smack them in the face and tell them no? What about the men who have the same problem? Is it different for then because they're men?

What does this have to do with the topic? :lol:

Last edited:
You don't see a problem with doing something wrong = punch to the face?

The reason is because at this age an adult should have the reasoning skills to be able talk, learn, and move on.

What what's the generalizing all women? That alone is incorrect.

What are you even asking for? Someone bumps you on the street you smack them in the face and tell them no? What about the men who have the same problem? Is it different for then because they're men?

What does this have to do with the topic?
laugh.gif
Who said punch in the face... i said hit/defend yourself... Obviously i aint saying a man should hit a woman just off gp, but neither should a women. im saying as a mean of defending yourself aka teaching them that their is a consequence for the action they did.

You keep saying they should have the reasoning etc.... as an adult, but if they did the women wouldnt resort to acting like a child aka throwing things, slapping/hitting punching. 

No because someone bumping into you on the street is accidental, now if a person walked up to you and slap the ish outta you, yes i would say hit them back. be it a man or a woman. So i ask why would you hit the man and not the woman? You said an adult should have the rationale/reasoning to know right/wrong and that hitting a person is wrong. Are you saying rationale/reasoning doesnt occur for women? 

Last edited:
I have dv on my record. I don't care that I'm judged. I got hit over the head with an iron. I retaliated by tossing the female . She went flying . Cops showed I'm bleeding. She's crying. I go to jail.

no matter what i fd up cuz I knew as a guy no matter what happens . The girl going to be tg victim . It what it is but never have i hit a female with a close fist.

Last edited:
So you're saying to defend yourself? YES you should defend yourself no matter who it is. We've all said that in her over and over again. But spanking your kid isn't a defense mechanism.

And I didn't lump all women into the "doesn't have the ability to rationalize" category, you did. Some adults do (male or female) and some don't. Nothing to do with gender.

But keep going with your "spank woman" theory

Last edited:
I have dv on my record. I don't care that I'm judged. I got hit over the head with an iron. I retaliated by tossing the female . She went flying . Cops showed I'm bleeding. She's crying. I go to jail.

no matter what i fd up but never have i hit a female with a close fist.
FDB

Did you press charges also?

Back
Top Bottom