Stephen A. Smith Kept it Real!!!

I'll watch the clip in a little bit, but if you can get past the screaming, he is a very intelligent dude who usually has some great points.

He from Hollis. He know what he speakin on

he's been saying all this stuff for a grip now

I wonder if the Pacman, Vick, and Plax sympathizers are paying close attention.

I guess, Steven A. is racist too.

i'd hate to have an engaging convo with that dude..

he looks like he spits like crazy when he talks
sick.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'll watch the clip in a little bit, but if you can get past the screaming, he is a very intelligent dude who usually has some great points.

perhaps sometimes its just a momentary lapse of realization, that as athletes, theyre ALWAYS under the watchful eye of the media and the public. if a nobodyhad shot himself in the leg in a nyc club nobody would be talkin' about it. but theyre athletes, whether they like it or not, they are made into a rolemodel and they're expected to behave a certain way. those millions of dollars aren't paid purely for skill and talent alone, its for responsibilitytoo.

Man, Plax made a dumb mistake and broke the law....Let it go though. Screamin A would not have given that monologue had nothing happened.

Its not as if he was shooting AT someone...He's a highly paid athlete who feels he needs to protect himself...(I don't blame him after the Sean Taylor,Joey Porter, Steve Smith and on type incidents)

And there is a time and place for SAS's rant. I don't think on a predominantly white network was the place for that.

All it does is reinforce stereotypes people may have.

Plax is dumb for taking the gun in the club.....but i have read about incidents in NYC where people let off shots in the club so i'm 50/50 on that...but ifi was an athlete i would def be strapped....i mean just because i have millions i can't go the club anymore???? ....black people hate seeing each other dogood so if you got $$$$ you're a walking target.....true story....weather you're famous or just a dude w/ money....i've seen it happen too manytimes

he should've gotten a permit though...

I can't stand dude,....but he is on point with this one

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Man, Plax made a dumb mistake and broke the law....Let it go though. Screamin A would not have given that monologue had nothing happened.

Its not as if he was shooting AT someone...He's a highly paid athlete who feels he needs to protect himself...(I don't blame him after the Sean Taylor, Joey Porter, Steve Smith and on type incidents)

And there is a time and place for SAS's rant. I don't think on a predominantly white network was the place for that.

You don't think the countless mistakes these athletes have made have already done that and then some
tired.gif
If you feel like you need security in fear of somethin may happen to you, thensimply get a security guard. Having a piece on you is only going to create problems. He could've hurt himself as well as other people, it's about thebigger picture.

I'm black by the way....

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Its not as if he was shooting AT someone...He's a highly paid athlete who feels he needs to protect himself...(I don't blame him after the Sean Taylor, Joey Porter, Steve Smith and on type incidents)

You don't think the countless mistakes these athletes have made have already done that and then some
tired.gif
If you feel like you need security in fear of somethin may happen to you, then simply get a security guard. Having a piece on you is only going to create problems. He could've hurt himself as well as other people, it's about the bigger picture.

I'm black by the way....

By tying in Allen Iverson's "Practice" to Burress' gun ordeal is what I'm referring to.

That's absurd if you ask me. The two are completely different. But SAS could easily paint a stereotypical image in people's minds who are not veryfamiliar with each incident.

"All black athletes are belligerent"

grin.gif

I agree but thats why you can't make these mistakes but its hard I guess for some of these cats.

Originally Posted by brrraptors

perhaps sometimes its just a momentary lapse of realization, that as athletes, theyre ALWAYS under the watchful eye of the media and the public. if a nobody had shot himself in the leg in a nyc club nobody would be talkin' about it. but theyre athletes, whether they like it or not, they are made into a role model and they're expected to behave a certain way. those millions of dollars aren't paid purely for skill and talent alone, its for responsibility too.

/thread

I haven't watched him since this. The guy is an idiot.

Man after watching that Blazers video i lost respect for him..........................

Originally Posted by JONFARR

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dude is a moron.

Swore up and down Bron was going to NJ....THEN DET......NOW NYK

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Well Said Steven A Smith. He's 100% right, and the list could have went on times 100 when he mentioned LJ, AI, Pacman...

If Plax felt threatened and needed security... he should have hired security. He's got enough money where he doesn't have to carry anillegal firearm.

I don't get the "predominantly white network" comment either. This country is 80% white. Where else do people go for sports other than ESPN?

Originally Posted by JONFARR

eek.gif

roll.gif

Seriously though, I saw the clip (that the OP/TS put up) last night and loved what he had to say.

Back
Top Bottom