Stolen iphone

Originally Posted by iYen

When he got confronted with what he did, he tried to blame it on someone else.
Press charges on him so next time he'll be reluctant take what isn't his.
Besides he wiped your pix, so I doubt he had any intention of finding its owner.

Qft

Let it go.

Maybe because I'm tired...but I thought your SN was buttlove.

I would be TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT if my pictures got wiped from my phone

I would press charges based on that alone
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I think you should let him slide. Just don't go to the restaurant anymore.

Or have his parents teach him a lesson - like mow your lawn for a few weeks.

I got my wallet stolen at restaurant, which I'm a 100% sure was one of the scumbag busboys, but I couldn't prove it.

On behalf of all scumbag busboys, I vote yes.

Oh, and make sure you use Photo Stream. It's awesome for situations like these.

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

I would be TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT if my pictures got wiped from my phone

I would press charges based on that alone
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

No bull$&@? ..... I wouldn't think twice about what happens to him

Originally Posted by butilove

It is just a phone but it is the iPhone 4s which is valued at over 600 which is a third-degree theft in NJ. Cops were telling me to press charges as this kid is supposedly shady as he keeps his door locked in his house at all times. I just don't want this kid to do these kinda things again but at the same time I don't want this to stay in his records forever over a mistake at a young age. 

lol wut?

let me get this straight...YOU ARE THE DUMB %$* who left your phone at a restaurant...you get it back minus pictures and you are not happy enough but want to press charges too? over a phone? something that will ruin this dudes life forever.

I HATE thieves especially ones that don't live up to what they've done.  I wouldn't hesitate at all to press charges.  I'm still salty about the person that stole my iPhone back in May and basically committed identity theft with it (cops did nothing about it of course).  

Originally Posted by copped

Originally Posted by butilove

It is just a phone but it is the iPhone 4s which is valued at over 600 which is a third-degree theft in NJ. Cops were telling me to press charges as this kid is supposedly shady as he keeps his door locked in his house at all times. I just don't want this kid to do these kinda things again but at the same time I don't want this to stay in his records forever over a mistake at a young age. 

lol wut?

let me get this straight...YOU ARE THE DUMB %$* who left your phone at a restaurant...you get it back minus pictures and you are not happy enough but want to press charges too? over a phone? something that will ruin this dudes life forever.
He should've thought about this before he tried to make a quick come up off my man here. OP don't take your foot off this dude's neck. He still wouldn't accept responsibility, so you must teach him a lesson.

Originally Posted by dankenstein23

let it go you got ur phone back so +%%! it
he already got fired pressing charges would be pretty harsh

Nah. 

The kid wiped the phone and lied about the situation.

He had no intention of returning it and then tried to blame it on his cousin ?  People like that need to learn a lesson.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Press charges on yourself for forgetting your phone.  People are so irresponsible.  Yeah, it's good to have good samaritans and the majority of the time people will help and turn your phone in or return it.

Still, it's an expensive device and to "forget" it. 
30t6p3b.gif
.  Making it seem as if this kid pick pocketed your phone, that's a different story altogether.

Going all hard body on the kid, not once have you said YOU made the initial mistake.

Kid lost his job, but pressing charges?

Also stating the kid is shady because he locks his door?
laugh.gif

He should've thought about this before he tried to make a quick come up off my man here. OP don't take your foot off this dude's neck. He still wouldn't accept responsibility, so you must teach him a lesson.

OP needs to learn a lesson, be a little bit more responsible with your belongings.  Soft %#@ suburban righteous kids. 
laugh.gif
  You guys will get eaten alive in the hood.

You guys are OD. Kid thought it was his lucky day, then he didn't want to get fired so he lied about it. Got fired anyways. /end

It's not like he robbed you for it, or stole it from your pocket. He found it.

How many people return valuable stuff they find? Nowhere near enough to charge everybody who doesn't.

ooIRON MANoo wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Press charges on yourself for forgetting your phone.  People are so irresponsible.  Yeah, it's good to have good samaritans and the majority of the time people will help and turn your phone in or return it.

Still, it's an expensive device and to "forget" it. 
30t6p3b.gif
.  Making it seem as if this kid pick pocketed your phone, that's a different story altogether.

Going all hard body on the kid, not once have you said YOU made the initial mistake.

Kid lost his job, but pressing charges?

Also stating the kid is shady because he locks his door?
laugh.gif

OP needs to learn a lesson, be a little bit more responsible with your belongings.  Soft %#@ suburban righteous kids. 
laugh.gif
  You guys will get eaten alive in the hood.

IMO if the kid didn't try to rat out his cousin I would personally let him slide, but the fact hes trying to accuse FAMILY for a crime he got caught perpetrating makes me think this kid needs a harsh lesson.

I don't know any job that will let their employees "find" lost items from customers and keep them.

Originally Posted by NikeVandal

Originally Posted by dankenstein23

let it go you got ur phone back so +%%! it
he already got fired pressing charges would be pretty harsh

you act like getting a new job would be hard for kid hes 18 and was a busboy

mcdonalds is always hiring kid can get a new low end job he wont learn from it

i know these type of kids you gotta nip em in the bud now
not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-very-stupid.jpg

I'd be pissed.
If you don't like him, then go ahead and press charges.
That's the only way morons like him will learn.
But if he's a cool guy, then whatever.

Although, it is pretty pathetic how he has a job, is 18 years old, and is pulling this #$@%.

Also, who cares if OP was irresponsible. We all forget and lose stuff once in a while.
What I don't get is that the kid STOLE something, and you guys are making him into a victim.
If something isn't yours, then don't touch it. Him being 18, he ought to know that by now.
And OP said he asked busboy if he took the phone. The busboy lied, used OP's phone, and blamed his cousin.
So he obviously wasn't going to be a good samaritan and return the phone. The busboy is clearly a scumbag, sketchy, and/or plain stupid.

I'd probably let it slide.  He's already getting fired and it's close to Christmas, I mean you gotta have a heart sometimes 
ohwell.gif

You don't deserve that phone, and the kid is stupid for getting caught.  The kid got what he deserved, not because he took your ****%@! phone, but because he tried to put it on his family.

OP def dont let him slide you came back and asked and dudes lied to you
indifferent.gif

i would only let him slide if i came back asked and they gave it back

I mean just let it slide fam.... I'm just saying that cuz it could have worse.... Just seen some dude on resist lose his iPad and wen they finally turned it back on 2 weeks later he tracked it and it was in Africa

You're gonna let the kid lie to your face, lie to the cops face, make his own family member take the wrap, and you're gonna let it slide.
He turned your phone off, knowing that you would try to track it back to him.  He had the worst intentions from the get go.

Bunch of spineless punks on NT, who have seemed to stolen before.

Some dude "supposedly" stole some shoes, and gets rocked and recorded on WSHH and everyone's for it.

In this case, there is evidence that the guy is the offender, and OP is taking the mature route of pressing charges and everyone's saying "let it slide".

I don't get yall sometimes.

I'd be really mad, and I doubt that will teach him anything. Getting fired? He's still probably with his parents if not gettin money from them and he'll get a new job.
BUT I'd let it slide you got it back and this would go on his record

dont ruin a 18 year olds life over a poor choice he made. cmon we all have done some messed up stuff at that age. pressing charges is the wrong choice. I understand he needs to be punished, but not for the rest of his life. maybe you should form a bond with the kid. ever heard of restorative justice? tell him how what he did affected your life and what he can do to make things right in this situation. it will benefit everyone.

Back
Top Bottom